Ride count on Diamondback?

KI Kevin

24 rides on the back of the 5,282 foot-long snake for me. I'd get more, but I work virtually all-day every day the park is open; any time I have before/after single shifts is pretty much spent getting rides on D-Back, which isn't that often.

Of course, this weekend should be good for me. With shifts starting at 3:30 (and Math & Science Day on Friday), that should be more than enough time to get a ton of rides on it (I estimate 10 rides per hour on the single rider line, maybe more).

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my second ride yesterday, I was in row 16 on the left side. The guy next to me decided to turn around to look at the splashback, and got soaked. My left armpit got a little damp from the spray.

yeah i wanted to see what it looked like haha

So that was you in a black T-shirt?

nope. i was wearing blue, one of my friends was wearing red, and i believe another was wearing blue. we all got wet

I'm still in the single digits, but on Saturday afternoon rode with someone who has been marathoning Diamondback and was on ride 73 (he was hoping to be over 100 by the end of Sunday). I hope to hit 100 sometime this season.

That might have been me. Was at KI Saturday afternoon for just a few hours and rode rides 71-75 that day. Would have had more but had Bat Mitzvah to attend in the morning and a dinner at night.

So now the obvious attempt to figure out was it you? First Rider T-shirt, asked for front seat but was told no so I think we rode in row 7, we talked about how we both think the second hill is the best part of the ride?

I'm still in the single digits, but on Saturday afternoon rode with someone who has been marathoning Diamondback and was on ride 73 (he was hoping to be over 100 by the end of Sunday). I hope to hit 100 sometime this season.

That might have been me. Was at KI Saturday afternoon for just a few hours and rode rides 71-75 that day. Would have had more but had Bat Mitzvah to attend in the morning and a dinner at night.

So now the obvious attempt to figure out was it you? First Rider T-shirt, asked for front seat but was told no so I think we rode in row 7, we talked about how we both think the second hill is the best part of the ride?

That was me.

for like 15 minutes yesterday, they were running the trains but no people. i thought someone threw up, but when i saw all of them run i wasnt for sure. And is it just me or is the right scoop on red train for Db off. i rode it and stook my hand back and didnt get a drip of water on me. :(

Yesterday, as I said in my post, the train I was on got stoped on the lift for about 15 minutes. A guy in the car behind us had his cell phone out, causing an e-stop. Everything got taken care off. It's mandatory to run trains empty a certin number of times before they can let people get back on.

I think I've seen you there every time I've been there. I just tallied up my counts.

For the season, I have 35 rides on Diamondback.

The one that really is amusing me - 78 rides on Beast this season so far! Gee...has my hangout changed. Nope!

How exactly do you do that? You're the second person I've heard of who's gotten over 100 rides on Diamondback (I forget how many the other person has - I'm sure someone else will remember though).

Simple-I only live about 5 miles from the park, so I go every weekend. Between the SRL and the high capacity of the regular line, I get a lot of rides even on busy days.

How exactly do you do that? You're the second person I've heard of who's gotten over 100 rides on Diamondback (I forget how many the other person has - I'm sure someone else will remember though).

Simple-I only live about 5 miles from the park, so I go every weekend. Between the SRL and the high capacity of the regular line, I get a lot of rides even on busy days.

He also seems to stay at Diamondback ALL DAY LONG! Don't you, Mark?