Ride count on Diamondback?

KI Kevin

How exactly do you do that? You're the second person I've heard of who's gotten over 100 rides on Diamondback (I forget how many the other person has - I'm sure someone else will remember though).

Simple-I only live about 5 miles from the park, so I go every weekend. Between the SRL and the high capacity of the regular line, I get a lot of rides even on busy days.

He also seems to stay at Diamondback ALL DAY LONG! Don't you, Mark?

Yup. I have been waiting so long for such a coaster at KI-while I like Beast, I cannot honestly say it is with my top 10 favs. The first drop on Beast and the last helix are awesome but in between it just seems like a mine ride. However, DB is just speed all the way-it is never boring. That is why it is now my number 2 fav behind TTD.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i'm at 14 after all the ERT this past weekend.

Diamondback is amazing but I don't like power-lapping it like alot of other people do. I ride it once or twice per visit (With the exception of Saturday night with the ERT) and i'm done for the day unless someone else needs to get their DB fix in :P

The first drop on Beast and the last helix are awesome but in between it just seems like a mine ride.

Well, I agree about the helix part. The first drop on The Beast could be awesome and the ride could be a speed demon, but...

Either way, I'm not going to tell you that it's my favorite coaster just for that certain reason that everyone knows by now, but everyone on here probably also knows by now how much I enjoy marathoning The Beast. Having every ride at least slightly different and the superb character that it has makes it SO darn re-ridable. There are days when crowds are light in the morning that I have to force myself to leave by saying to myself, "I've got to ride something besides The Beast today." One of these days, I may have a personal Beast bash and stay on all day long. :) My personal best is only 35 in a day - a pretty easy record to beat.

At any rate, Diamondback's second and third hills along with the first drop are where it's at for me. They really make the ride. The hammerhead and 5th hills aren't bad either.

I'm at 13 and amazed. Even after a hellish week of running ISTEP plus for an elem. school of 457 and getting up at 4, from about 2 hrs of sleep, riding the last train of the night at 1 AM was every bit as fun as my first ride (that is one hell of a run on sentence). I'm all for power lapping it! B&M have truely given us something to marvel at!

At any rate, Diamondback's second and third hills along with the first drop are where it's at for me. They really make the ride. The hammerhead and 5th hills aren't bad either.

*Faints on the floor.* Flyer likes a hill with a trim brake on it?! :o

:lol: That's why it's just "not bad." That trim I can almost...ALMOST live with. The mid-course must go! And not a friekin' trimless ride, one at ERT...on anything! Scream!!!!!!

^ Same here and I'm begining to side with you more and more. Yes I understand manufacturer recommendations and using trims to ease stress on the ride and keep maintenance costs down and blah blah blah. Breaks are a drag whether they're necessary or not. The adrenaline junkie in me only cares about immediate gratification.

^ Same here and I'm begining to side with you more and more. Yes I understand manufacturer recommendations and using trims to ease stress on the ride and keep maintenance costs down and blah blah blah. Breaks are a drag whether they're necessary or not. The adrenaline junkie in me only cares about immediate gratification.

I would hope no breaks are necessary or designed as part of the ride. That is a frightening thought. Brakes on the other hand I can live with and they are the lesser of two evils, because without brakes you will have breaks on most rides... ;)

because without brakes you will have breaks on most rides... ;)[/color]

:rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, the park has you brainwashed. The most reliable rides I have ever seen while at parks are invariably the coasters with the least amount of mechanical crap to break...i.e. brakes, extra restraints, flying mechanisms...gasp.

:lol: That's why it's just "not bad." That trim I can almost...ALMOST live with. The mid-course must go! And not a friekin' trimless ride, one at ERT...on anything! Scream!!!!!!

Yeah, when you've ridden Diamondback as many times as some of us have you can officially determine that the trim and MCBR kill the otherwise immaculate ride experience on the glorious new ride. I even noticed the trim slowing the ride down considerably when I rode it on RWW. :angry:

I would hope no breaks are necessary or designed as part of the ride. That is a frightening thought. Brakes on the other hand I can live with and they are the lesser of two evils, because without brakes you will have breaks on most rides... ;)

Opens palm, accelerates towards forehead, gives loud Homer doh!

I don't think the brakes (checks spelling and red spot on head) on DB are that bad. I would rather not have em but you still get great airtime on the 5th hill and even coming out of the MCBR. I was thinking more of Beast and FOF.

I don't think the brakes (checks spelling and red spot on head) on DB are that bad. I would rather not have em but you still get great airtime on the 5th hill and even coming out of the MCBR. I was thinking more of Beast and FOF.

Beast has brakes???? WHAT??? Oh, yeah...in FOUR locations. *Flyer watches tongue here for fear of slipping into trim rant essays.* Just look at my signature for my opinion.

Sorry about the confusion. Yeah, the trims on The Beast have got to go, especially the ones COMING DOWN THE HILLS! I hadn't been on Flight of Fear for a good 7 or 8 years until last season and didn't remember the MCBR being that powerful. It almost STOPPED the train! Trims like that have also GOT TO GO!

Sorry about the confusion. Yeah, the trims on The Beast have got to go, especially the ones COMING DOWN THE HILLS! I hadn't been on Flight of Fear for a good 7 or 8 years until last season and didn't remember the MCBR being that powerful. It almost STOPPED the train! Trims like that have also GOT TO GO!

If you ride it in the last car you can tell that you stop completely on the MCBR on FoF. This happened on all 4 of my rides this weekend.

Yeah, when you've ridden Diamondback as many times as some of us have you can officially determine that the trim and MCBR kill the otherwise immaculate ride experience on the glorious new ride. I even noticed the trim slowing the ride down considerably when I rode it on RWW. :angry:

The trim isn't all that bad. You barely even notice it. Now the MCBR, it's annoying, yes, but I can live with it.l

flying mechanisms

:lol:

Don't worry, Firehawk will go "rust bucket" on us eventually, just like its friends Flight Deck and Backlot Stunt Coaster, and, to a lesser extent, Flight of Fear.

Hey, I resent that. <_< Firehawk is an amazing ride and i doubt it will ever be that crappy. Sure its down a lot, whats new, all coasters go down. I agree that backlot needs to go, but not the other three, they are oldys, but goldys

flying mechanisms

:lol:

Don't worry, Firehawk will go "rust bucket" on us eventually, just like its friends Flight Deck and Backlot Stunt Coaster, and, to a lesser extent, Flight of Fear.

Hey, I resent that. <_< Firehawk is an amazing ride and i doubt it will ever be that crappy. Sure its down a lot, whats new, all coasters go down. I agree that backlot needs to go, but not the other three, they are oldys, but goldys

OUCH - did you just call rides that opened in the 90's Old? Beast, Racer, FOC as Oldies I get, but Flight Deck and FOF? Some of us wouldn't even call Vortex an oldy!

Either that, or maybe I'm old

I am up to a grand total of... SIX. I recieved two today courtasy of the SRL.

Off topic, but they finally did away with the SRL passes. Now they just let anyone go through and they close the line if it starts to go around the corner at the bottom of the stairs. There were MANY groups using the SRL today. There was a group with probably 6 boys in front of me while in the SRL(they were probably 11). Now they didn't complain about not being able to ride together, but still. There were large groups abusing the SRL today.

^ I saw that today. He wouldn't let me in the SRL and I can see why. That line was massive! But, the ride closed due to weather.. and when the ride opened back up a HUGE and I mean HUGE group of people went in the SRL. I would guess about 20 people went through.. That kind of made me mad considering he turned me down and I was by myself but a few moments later he literally let 20 people through!