Ride count on Diamondback?

KI Kevin

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ The SRL these days seemingly is always down at the bottom of the stairs. So far this season I've only used it twice when I've had the opportunity to use it, and both of those instances were very early in the season. The days of getting on quick (<5-10 mins) using the SRL seem to be over, for now at least.

I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 rides now. It was interesting because I was down at Holiday World for HWN and I spoke with several people about Diamondback, and they all said that their first rides were just 'meh' but love the coaster now. I really think this is one coaster that gets better with every ride.

EDIT: Unrelated, did they take down kiDiamondback.com? I'll miss that webcam, and particularly the shots of how long the lines are if that is the case.

Hi...just came across your post and for fact...kiDiamondback.com is up an running and does not look at all busy tonight. (sigh) if only i was there. : )

53. Unlike some people that power lap DB. I ride it maby, once or twice when I visit. Unless the line is super short then I marathon the baby! :)

I used to be the same way with not lapping coasters, but with The Beast not being what it once was I decided after a lap or two on Diamondback to marathon it. I wanted to ride Delirium to compare it to maXair, but I enjoyed going through the SRL (when it was open) and asking people when I was on the lift hill if it was their first time riding Diamondback. I even got to ride in the front row with a 58-year-old woman who rides at least one new coaster each summer. She screamed louder than any 16-year-old I have EVER heard in my life and had an all out blast. I also got to ride with markr for the first time. There are ups and downs to marathoning, but it depends on who you are with and what you like to do. If I'm by myself and don't see that too many KIC'ers will be at the park by way of checking a meet up thread I might marathon Diamondback. If I'm with other KIC'ers and/or my family then marathoning is DEFINITELY out of the question.

I've been stuck at 45 for over two weeks now as I've been exploring many other parks this country has to offer. But I'm definitely missing that big red, yellow and tan snake that's lurking in the woods. I'm hoping it doesn't rain as much as they're claiming tomorrow so I can make a trip down there and get over 50.

53. Unlike some people that power lap DB. I ride it maby, once or twice when I visit. Unless the line is super short then I marathon the baby! :)

I don't go crazy when I'm at the park, but once I've ridden everything else that I want to, I'm going to ride Diamondback.

The past couple of times I've been at the park, I've ridden DB once or twice in the afternoon and finished off the night with DB (though the first time it was because Beast wasn't open at 9:30 - after I realized how well you can see the fireworks from DB, I decided to make that the last ride of the night instead of The Beast)

I would also like to rant on about having to walk though that gift shop every time! Looks like someone needs to make more money. Your already ripping us off on the food and drinks, and Ice cream. I really hated that, when I was a Dollywood in 2005, at the end of the day everybody had to walk though the gift shop. There must have been close to over 1,000 people in there! I mean come on. :angry:

But I like how on Maverick you have a pick, to go though the gift shop, or make a right and turn down the stairs.

I have often wondered how wise that exit through the gift shop strategy really is. Given the large number of people, especially at Dollywood at closing, I would imagine the park loses a great deal of merchandise to shoplifting. Even more so at Kings Island...after all, if people line jump (and they do) and the park apparently tolerates that (as seen here all too often), I bet at least some of those same people feel welcome to load their pockets/purses with some coveted possession they do not intend to pay for and don't.

I duck under the chain to the left before the gift shop entrance, avoiding the gift shop entirely. :ph34r:

I do the exact same thing...The workers always give me a wierd look though

I just unhook the chain, walk through and hook it back. I'm too big to be ducking under things.

I duck under the chain to the left before the gift shop entrance, avoiding the gift shop entirely. :ph34r:

I do the exact same thing...The workers always give me a wierd look though

I just unhook the chain, walk through and hook it back. I'm too big to be ducking under things.

I either unlock the other exit gate, or walk down towards the Gift Shop but cross under the railing to the other exit so it's quicker to get back inline.

129 as of 6/12/09. I am planning to add a few more by 6/13/09 before my trips to So Cal.

For those who have been on Goliath at Canada Wonderland, how does Diamondback compare to Goliath? Also, does anyone prefer Superman/Bizzaro at SFNE over Diamondback?

You of course mean Behemoth at Wonderland...many prefer it to Diamondback, others prefer Diamondback to it. As always, I'd recommend you try it for yourself. From what I have heard (I have not gotten up there to ride it yet), Bizarro at SFNE is not the ride it was before the conversion...many say the new restraint system detracts from the ride...I thought the modifications that had already been made to the trains before the conversion had already detracted from what was once my favorite steel coaster, by far.

Now for an odd thing. If El Toro were steel, it would be my favorite steel coaster. It is not. It is wood, though some would argue even that. And although I love El Toro, it is nowhere near my favorite wood coaster. Go figure. Moral: Again, you are just going to have to see for yourself!

Enjoy!