Ride count on Diamondback?

KI Kevin

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm at 87 rides.. only 13 more until my 100th! :)

I think a few of my friends are shocked that I don't have more, seeing as how I only live an hour away from Kings Island. I don't get many chances to go to Holiday World or Cedar Point, so I try to get to those parks when I can.

Today I marathoned in the SRL at Diamondback. I am now happily sitting at 129 rides to date.

But don't you kind of wish you'd gotten 20 rides in today and made it to 130?

Oh totally! I tried but I couldnt get another one in in time. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread -

Had a good weekend (so far) with 7 rides last night between 8pm and Close and 13 rides this morning during ERT - including as close to a Zen ride as I think I'll get with only 6 of us on the first train of the day. Total = 89

But, the reason for the bump is some of the groups of people with high numbers I've got to ride with. On the Fireworks ride last night I was riding in row 2 and combined in that first car we had well over 1000 rides (guy named Gary with 660+, pkiboy ~290, me 76), then this morning I rode with several folks who are also well into the 100's: Darlene, Karen, markr, Gary again, a guy I'll call Tie Dye J (if you've seen his first rider t-shirts, you know who I mean).

I've got to say one of the best things about Diamondback (beside the airtime) is meeting some neat people with a love of roller coasters.

Bumping this thread -

Had a good weekend (so far) with 7 rides last night between 8pm and Close and 13 rides this morning during ERT - including as close to a Zen ride as I think I'll get with only 6 of us on the first train of the day. Total = 89

But, the reason for the bump is some of the groups of people with high numbers I've got to ride with. On the Fireworks ride last night I was riding in row 2 and combined in that first car we had well over 1000 rides (guy named Gary with 660+, pkiboy ~290, me 76), then this morning I rode with several folks who are also well into the 100's: Darlene, Karen, markr, Gary again, a guy I'll call Tie Dye J (if you've seen his first rider t-shirts, you know who I mean).

I've got to say one of the best things about Diamondback (beside the airtime) is meeting some neat people with a love of roller coasters.

Well I had 290 im at 295 I got 5 rides in last night in 1 hour Gotta love the SRL. I should get 300 by tomorrow or even tonight who knows. As far as Gary he is a great guy so far I think he has the lead. But its not about how many rides you have its about having FUN. Great riding with you KIfan1980 gotta love the front seat.

How many rides is Darlene up to? Surely this Gary guys didn't pass her up, did he? :o

I think he did, he said they were riding together one weekend and were close, but she was away for a while and he took the lead.

But its not about how many rides you have its about having FUN. Great riding with you KIfan1980 gotta love the front seat.

Agree completely about having FUN! As for riding with you, I did enjoy the front seat ride. I'd be willing to stand in line next to you anytime ;)

But really I don't ride it alot so I can brag about how many times I've ridden it, I ride it because I like it...Quality over quantity.

That's the way I feel...I don't want to ride it so much that I get bored with it...God knows it will be quite awhile before Kings Island gets another "big one".

But really I don't ride it alot so I can brag about how many times I've ridden it, I ride it because I like it...Quality over quantity.

That's the way I feel...I don't want to ride it so much that I get bored with it...God knows it will be quite awhile before Kings Island gets another "big one".

Yeah I'd rather enjoy all my rides and have fun than get bored with a ride. On RWCW I rode Diamondback too much and got bored with it and felt sick. And we probably wont get another huge coaster for another 5-10 Years, and as of now We only have 1 cause Son of Beast is closed.

I'm up to 6 DB rides now! :lol: But that's because I live about 3 hrs away and have only made 6 trips this season, one of which we only stayed half the day and another one we spent with the kids in Nick U and Boomerang Bay. So really only 4 solid riding days, 2 of those being quite busy (opening day and memorial day weekend). So far my total ride count is 93 and I'm happy with that except I wish i had gotten more than 2 Firehawk rides. I'm done for the summer, but I'll be back in October and my goal is to double my DB count on a saturday ERT.