Ride count on Diamondback?

KI Kevin

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 rides today that brings me up to 10. for some reason db makes me feel sick. im fine until the last 2 smaller hills then im like oh Crap. its not real bad but just enough. i did 7 straight a month ago and was about to lose it on my 7th ride. anyone else have this problem?

I usaly go to KI with my freind who is scared to ride coaster so i ride DB by myself in SRL. I have 250 rides belive it or not. I go after school some days and just ride that for a few hours.

Im sorry but I highly doubt that. markr only has a little over 200 and he goes everyday and all he does is power lap it!

I usaly go to KI with my freind who is scared to ride coaster so i ride DB by myself in SRL. I have 250 rides belive it or not. I go after school some days and just ride that for a few hours.

You probably have not rode it that much you would have to go almost everyday but there is a lady,KI season pass holder Darlene Bell has taken 309 rides so far this season on Diamondback. She's averaging 16.3 rides per visit!

I went from 36 to 60 over my last two visits. Currently I'm sitting on 60 laps.

Wow. Seriously. Is Diamondback the only thing that some of you are riding when going to Kings Island?

I can answer for Mark in this case. Yes, that IS the only thing he does. I see him there all the time power-lapping it. Sometimes I'm surprised when he's willing to stop to talk to me for a minute or two.

Personally, I prefer to do other things as well, and I'm really enjoying taking a little of Terpy's advice and spending some time just wandering around the park, hanging out, relaxing, and just enjoying spending time there. I went to the water park today just before the rain and just walked around people watching, and then relaxed for about 15 minutes or so by the wave pool. That was very refreshing.

I might also add that I have enjoyed meeting many of you while at Kings Island, and making new friends is quite the pleasure.

My casual riding has led me to 36 Diamondback rides so far, and while that isn't all that many, I'm okay with that.

Flyer, who has 90 on Beast. :)

I'm totally with you there Flyer. Even though I got 10 laps in yesterday, I still managed to wander aimlessly for most of the day watching people play games, watching the slingshot, being lazy etc...

Im sorry but I highly doubt that. markr only has a little over 200 and he goes everyday and all he does is power lap it!

Actually I don't go everyday. I go an average of 2 days a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. I am now at 271 DB rides but Darlene is now ahead of me, a believe over 300 rides. My point is its possible for Coaster Kid to log up that many rides by marathoning every afternoon taking into account the high capacity of the ride.

7 laps on Friday makes 29 for me. I would have had 30 if they hadn't shut down the SRL TWICE due to groups abusing it. The next time this happens I'm showng Guest Relations the 2 pics on my phone of signs that say, "Single Riders Only No Groups" both BEFORE and IN the SRL. Linejumping and groups in the SRL are both getting WAY out of hand. Sorry for the rant, but I know big wigs at KI occasionally read these forums.

^ The SRL these days seemingly is always down at the bottom of the stairs. So far this season I've only used it twice when I've had the opportunity to use it, and both of those instances were very early in the season. The days of getting on quick (<5-10 mins) using the SRL seem to be over, for now at least.

I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 rides now. It was interesting because I was down at Holiday World for HWN and I spoke with several people about Diamondback, and they all said that their first rides were just 'meh' but love the coaster now. I really think this is one coaster that gets better with every ride.

EDIT: Unrelated, did they take down kiDiamondback.com? I'll miss that webcam, and particularly the shots of how long the lines are if that is the case.

<---is up to 67 rides on Diamondback even with working at the park almost every day. I'm debating on whether or not I want to go up to the park tomorrow. If I do, I doubt I want to spend an entire day devoted to just riding one ride all freakin day, even though it's possible for me to get 10 rides an hour on it (maybe even more than that one some occasions) though.

...makes me wonder wonder if I can get 60 rides on it in one day. :lol: