Article on Diamondback from Canada

BoddaH1994

Ahh I see the article never said the actual day he went, it just mentioned Opening day. I wanna try to get 20 by the end of RWW.

Unrealsk8er- Who's sorry for assuming.

....and we all know what assuming does. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what the crowds will be like on Saturday or Sunday. I know that typically Mothers Day isn't very busy, but they do have a bring-a-friend cheap day that day.

Well I hope the crowds are very light on both days. Do you know about how many people they are expecting just for RWW. 1,000 maybe?

I do not have any kind of figure as to how many are registered for Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend. Even if I did it wouldn't mean much. Speaking from a person who's thrown events at Kings Island, I know that there's always a last minute rush of registrants. Also you have to take into account those who register and no-show and those who aren't staying for the entire event.

He rode it on the media preview day. Apparently over and over again.

With the wait times we've seen in the early season I could see someone getting 20+ rides in on one day if they were committed.

I agree that the 60 rides was probably on media day.

But the 20 rides could be accomplished, especially if they took advantage of the single rider line.

With the wait times we've seen in the early season I could see someone getting 20+ rides in on one day if they were committed.

Saturday, April 25th I got 19...and that was with only 4 SRL rides and riding 4 other things too.

I could see near 40 D-back rides in one day being possible even if KI wasn't dead if you power rode by SRL and the SRL wasn't too long each time.

The biggest issue I saw with the SRL on Sunday is that they kept running out of the Single Rider passes at the entrance, so they'd have to close the SRL temporarily until someone at the station brought the passes back down. They either need more passes or a better system.

^ Personally, I'm ecstatic that DB even has a single riders queue! There are very few rides these days that utilize this consistently and those that do sometimes make it not worth it (yeah, I'm looking at you Behemoth and Maverick). The SRL is also not even necessary many times if the line is 10 minutes or less. There have been many people reporting getting in this line and having people in the main line passing them. I've gotten out of the SRL queue and into the main queue on more than one occasion because of this.

I'd be curious to hear others suggestions on how to improve the SRL. The only thing about the SRL that's a little odd is that you can't see how many people would be in front of you until you walk around the corner and look up the stairs. Then again, at least you know there won't be 250 people in the SRL waiting ahead of you, and there's the benefit. It can take quite a while to make it through even a 20 person SRL line, much less one that's longer as it's a real crapshoot by its very nature.

^^I'd still rather wait 45 mins in the main queue for a ride in either car 1 or 8 then 10 mins in the SRL for a ride in car 4...but that's just me.

I think the way they have the SRL now is about as good as it could be. Yeah, having the line separate from the main queue would be good to avoid people in the main queue jealously looking at someone flying past them (not that their wait will be long anyway!), but IMO, if the SRL reaches past the corner then it's too long anyway I think.

The only issue I see is expediency in returning SRL cards to the entrance greeter, but my last day at KI (4/25) I thought they were doing an excellent job of that!! (or else maybe let you wait for a card)

While I still detest the seat assigning, despite seat requesting seeming to be easier now provided the seat you're requesting doesn't have a long line already, if and when they ever get rid of the seating assigning (I dunno about 09, but Behemoth stopped at the end of May last year), then the SRL almost becomes obsolete.