Best Coasters to Marathon

gad198

I know that over the past couple of Fridays I've seen the same people over and over again as I've been satisfying my DB power-ride fix. DB is definitely one of the best coasters I've been on for marathoning purposes as it's smooth enough to work out that way, and other B&M hypers are definitely fun to marathon as well. Others, like the Voyage, despite it being my #1 coaster, I can't do because the intensity is way too much to ride more than 2 or 3 times in succession.

What coasters have do you like to (or would you like to) marathon?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 Times I've been to KI when Diamondback was around, I can never be in that area and ride just once. i have to ride it atleast twice if I get in line. I try to Marathon on SOB but they usually won't let me. They say Come back in 5 Minutes to rest... SOB is NOT rough to me, but they think I'm crazy. I usually stay on AE if no one is in the row I'm in, or I'll just switch seats (Same goes for Flight Deck.) I love to Marathon on Racer.

Diamondback will make you sick if you get the chance to stay on multilaps with out getting out of your seat. (I did this nearly 20 laps) But walking around each time doesn't seem to have this effect. AE, Flume, Racer are my favorites of reriding over and over

I've marathoned Beast, Racer and Flight of Fear. I've done 4 at a time on Diamondback and Voyage and could definitely have done more if the park hadn't closed in both instances.

I used to marathon Flight of Fear nightly when I worked there. The most I got in was 7 in an hour, using the handicap gate to get back in the station. The line was so dead they were letting everyone do that.

At Kings Island: Diamondback and Beast.

At Cedar Point: Millennium Force and Magnum.

I also tend to marathon Wicked Twister just because it's almost always a walk on.

I don't know if Magnum would be a good marathon, it has gotten quite rough in the past couple of years. It's a great coaster and definetly worth hitting mulitiple times though. How about TTD(if the lines not an hour and a half) or Raptor for marathon coasters?

My best is last year's 8 rides in a row on Drop Tower, and 6 rides in a row on Millennium Force. I know that's nothing to some people, but there are other things I want to ride.

I'm not going to meet up with other KIC members just to ditch them for my own personal coaster marathon if they want to ride something else. I'll ride with you guys. I'm not like that.

I'm not going to drive 3 hours to Cedar Point to stay on one coaster when my 5 other favorite coasters and my 2 favorite flats are calling to me, and the beach begs me to walk on it, and the Giant Wheel patiently waits for my leisurely ride, and my friends that work there (that I rarely see) are calling/texting me to meet up..

Millennium Force is easily my favorite to marathon. It's such a rare event that you can do it, so when it does happen it's just bliss. Of course it doesn't hurt that it's my favorite coaster...

I also like The Racer, AE, WT, and Magnum.

I've marathoned on Beast and Son of Beast more times than I'd like to admit.

Also The Georgia Cyclone, Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England, Twisted Sisters (as it was then known), Tremors and of course Coaster at PNE. And Rolling Thunder! Yes, Rolling Thunder. And yes, I like it. A lot, actually.

I'm not normally a marathon rider as I prefer to trade off ride experiences so I've gone to what I call "bouncing" - think DB/Beast/DB/Beast/etc. Last year I also did the Flight Deck/SoB bounce a few times and have been known to do a Vortex/Racer bounce.

I'm not going to meet up with other KIC members just to ditch them for my own personal coaster marathon if they want to ride something else. I'll ride with you guys. I'm not like that.

Just exactly what are you saying, Angie? My intention certainly was not to "ditch" you guys. Way to make me feel bad.

Flyer, who will not begin or end on anything at KI but Beast unless circumstances don't permit.

Just exactly what are you saying, Angie? My intention certainly was not to "ditch" you guys. Way to make me feel bad.

Flyer, who will not begin or end on anything at KI but Beast unless circumstances don't permit.

No! :( That wasn't directed at anyone! I was making a general statement about myself. You were fun to hang out with!

I've marathoned on Beast and Son of Beast more times than I'd like to admit.

Also The Georgia Cyclone, Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England, Twisted Sisters (as it was then known), Tremors and of course Coaster at PNE. And Rolling Thunder! Yes, Rolling Thunder. And yes, I like it. A lot, actually.

You loves you some aggressive rides eh? :lol: There is NO way that I could marathon Georgia Cyclone or SOB, so I have to salute anyone who not only can do so successfully but enjoy the experience!

AE and Racer are so much fun. 6 and 11 times respectively are my personal best right now.

Had a blast with 13 times in a row on Grizzly at KD. ("One more time!") The ride-op just kept going when all the other rides were shut down. I had bruises for a few days after.

Carolina Cyclone at CW 11 times in a row was a hoot as well.

Corkscrew at CP 6 times in a row. Love the lights all around at night.

They don't have to be the "big bads" to make me happy. I love each of those rides and I enjoy riding over and over, anticipating what comes next!

15 straight on Magnum, without getting off, and 2 with no trims at CM last year is my record. I cant imagine marathoning The Beast, my back would probably give out after the 3rd or 4th time on that one. I can see marathoning Diamondback. MF is a good ride to marathon if you can, Racer I imagine is fun, as would be any other mid size out and back wooden coaster. Ive also mini marathoned Kumba (7 times) but due to the heat and dehydration I was starting to brown out on the loops towards the end of that one.

Magnum, Millie and Raptor. I Chose a great day for a visit at CP last year and walked on to Raptor 8 times in a row. I could've gone more but like Giga said earlier, my other favs kept calling me. Did Millie 6 with a 5-10 minute wait. Would've done Mav but it was still 45 mins. We had over 30 rides that day, we stopped counting.

The great thing about marathoning rides is you can really compare the ride experience in the different seats... it also makes your dreams about the ride much more realistic. I dream the full cycle on all of the above now.

I marathoned when I was a kid on The Beastie. Just couldn't stop running back.

My little brother and I marathoned Gemini one day at CP for a few hours and got around 30 rides in a row which gave me an idea that maybe 100 rides could be achieved in a day.

I then helped get the Gemini 100 event started over on the Point Buzz site (I couldn't make it because my car broke down) but a bunch of members over there marathoned on Gemini and got 100 rides in one day. No, they didn't get to stay in the same seat, they had to get off and run around to get back on.... 100 times!

So sad I couldn't go. One of our members here (RaptorJo) was one of the Gemini 100 folks.