Best Coasters to Marathon

gad198

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some of you may know, I love marathoning The Racer! This year I'm going to try for a record, if I can find a nice day to go (probably a cloudy Tuesday or Thursday right after school gets out). It's quick, fun, and most importantly endurable. I can ride that without getting too sore over and over again (unlike SoB, where I can go once or twice!). Plus, its never got too bad of a wait!

Yep, he is the king! I believe (although I could be off by one or two) that he got in 114 rides in on one day. Pretty hard to beat, but I think with a good enough day I could get it done!

That makes my 35 rides on Beast look like crap! Then again, I did other things that day too! I had a couple mini-marathons on Racer and rode SoB 5 times in a row too. I would have liked to be able to re-ride without walking around, but even then, those 5 were fun - 3 especially...oh, how I want that again!

Anyway, the 13 in a row without getting off the train on Beast was relatively easy to endure. You just have to get used to the ride's layout and ride in the magic seat which I will not divulge due to not wanting a million people in line for my seat. You'll have to find it for yourself, as did I. Enough have figured it out already! And no, it is NOT the front...not even close.

Flyer, I find it ironic that you like The Beast so much, but hate trims with a passion since The Beast is filled with trims. Just an observation.

You find it no less ironic than I, believe me. The Beast is very re-ridable to me, as every ride is usually different and it's fun going out through the woods. My rides on it are because I enjoy that experience. It competes with Racer for my favorite ride experience in the park. However, the trims remove all of the airtime from The Beast and thus keep it from coming anywhere near my top ten on my wooden coaster list. The Beast sits at #17 on my current wooden coaster chart. With the trims on the first drop and second hill gone, it would score very close to the top ten, if not in it.

Flyer, who wants to fly, not be trimmed.

Lets see, marathoned the following rides:

(all rides are without getting out of the train, other than to switch seats)

SOB-34 times (in the rain, and was a ride op with extras on the ride. Wanted to see how long I could last.)

TRTR- 28 times (same thing)

FoF-19 times (raining and like 1000 people in the park. Good time to marathon anything.)

Beast-17 times

Vortex- 10 times

I think thats it actually. The rest were all having to get out of the train due to a line of some sort.

Besides May weekdays Ive found that CP can be quite dead on Labor Day Monday, Halloweekend Fridays (especially the first 2 hours) and Halloweekend Sundays.

If your going in the summer, your only chance to marathon the big rides is to go to Coaster Mania or go on a day where its been forcasted to rain the whole week, does rain most of the day and is usually cool.

Last May at the end of the night, I rode MF eight in a row. The rain really drew the crowds away. That was the most in a row I have rode, up till the first Friday KI was open this year, were I got ten rides on DB in a row, some were walk-ons.

Yep, he is the king! I believe (although I could be off by one or two) that he got in 114 rides in on one day. Pretty hard to beat, but I think with a good enough day I could get it done!

112, I asked him.

I did FOF 5 and only stopped to get a couple other coasters in before DB ERT on Sun. I was a bit surprised but it would make a great marathon.

I did 8 on Flight of Fear before the end of ERT on Sunday. I might have been able to do more, but I was getting a bit dizzy. Maybe on a day I was feeling 100% (I was still recovering from being very sick the day before) I'd be able to do 20 or 30 on FOF.

Diamondback, on the other hand, I think I could ride 100 times without getting off very, very easily.

The forecast for Sandusky on Saturday is calling for scattered thunderstorms.. this is awesome. Last time I went to CP when they were expecting weather like that, I got 25 rides in the 13 hours I was at the park. 9 of those were on MF.

It's an excellent coaster to marathon, I can't get enough of that gut wrenching first drop, or the smooth, exhilaratingly fast dives in and out of the trees and the coaster itself.. waaaaaaaa I miss my Millie :( Saturday can't get here soon enough!

Especially when most of the ride you are in the air and not in a seat! Who does not want to experiencing that over and over again!

Well me of course. Who likes airtime? That's why I prefer to ride The Beast where there are plenty of brakes to prevent such a situation from occurring. Bless those magnetic wonders of modern technology.

Flyer, barfs here.

You must adore Mean Streak, as well....

I feel sorry for Mean Streak every time I ride it. He's like a thrill machine that has had his soul ripped out and spends the lonely days plodding through the track. Mean Streak has character even with the trims, and because he's often unloved, yes, I do enjoy him.

Yes...I did refer to Meanie as "him" as I think of many coasters as friends. Weird...maybe...but true. Just ask The Beast.

Ever been on Raging Bull? That might be the most disheartening attempt at a hyper I've ever been on. From what could be a good amount of air to... almost none.

And Angie, I'm with ya. Last year on the first sunday of the season at CP it rained all morning, but then cleared up. Millie was a 1-train wait all day. I'm praying for anything remotely close to that this weekend.

Angie, I'm with ya. Last year on the first sunday of the season at CP it rained all morning, but then cleared up. Millie was a 1-train wait all day. I'm praying for anything remotely close to that this weekend.

You'll be my ride buddy, right?

Tell no one of our plotting. :ph34r:

I think personally one of the best coasters to marathon, or that I think would be great to marathon, Gemini at CP. Truly a great coaster that for it's size packs quite a punch.

I LOVE Gemini, and it was my first coaster at Cedar Point. It's also yet another coaster that the trims tick me off. It was the highlight of my evening at Coastermania last year to hear a magic phrase "kill the trims" come from one of the ride ops.

I've marathoned The Beast before. It wasn't much- 5 rides in one day, but I hope to get more than that in pretty soon.

You have quite some way to go before you break my record. 13 in a row without even getting off the train is my record. I managed to get 35 for the day on that occasion.