Ride Warriors Photo Contest

BoddaH1994

Just a heads up --

Over Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend Kings Island will be hosting a photo contest for those participating in this inaugural coaster event. Photos will be emailed to the park after the conclusion of the event and the winning entry will receive a KI gift package and have their photo featured on the KI Insider Blog all season long. Photos must have been taken during

the RWCW event. One entry per person.

I've seen some wonderful photos in the PTRs. I really think that many KIC members have an excellent chance of winning this contest! Make us proud once again!!!

Details on that when more info is released.

I wasn't even considering bringing my camera, but this sounds like a good contest. I almost bet someone from KIC is gonna win this.

Since we're sending them to the park, I take it this will be for anyone who attends the event?

CoasterMania 2009 has got a mini golf tourney and a film festival. With some awesome awards!

^^Hey, I'm actually thinking about trying to hire Jackson to document an upcoming KI trip of mine. I'm planning a trip with a friend from out of town, and I somewhat hate photography and the kid does good work!! For me, I think he really "captures" KI in a really great "theme park way" that I dig! He has an eye for it!!

Plus, in addition to paying him, I also might have to give him a VIP pass since our time at KI will be short and I won't want to wait in any lines. Hopefully I can make this trip happen!

But yeah, jackson should kick butt with this contest!

jackson the only walking around Kings Island with a huge camera

Actually, I carry a Sony Cybershot, it's small enough to fit into my pocket.

^^Hey, I'm actually thinking about trying to hire Jackson to document an upcoming KI trip of mine. I'm planning a trip with a friend from out of town, and I somewhat hate photography and the kid does good work!! For me, I think he really "captures" KI in a really great "theme park way" that I dig! He has an eye for it!!

Plus, in addition to paying him, I also might have to give him a VIP pass since our time at KI will be short and I won't want to wait in any lines. Hopefully I can make this trip happen!

But yeah, jackson should kick butt with this contest!

Wow. I'd be glad to!

I am not expecting to win this contest, but I will try. There are many other great photographers out there, Ronny, Ryan, Paul, I'm ok. I see pictures by other people and they're better then mine, but I aspire to be as good as them. I'll do my best!

Jackson, have you seen the camera Ronny uses? Or the number of pictures he takes? I wouldn't beat yourself up, as your pictures are always great, and they are a pleasure to look at. Keep up the good work!

Flyer, who just has "good picture accidents" once in a while.

I'm sure going to try to take one of the best photos. But I'm not going to get my hopes up. And I was considering borrowing my dads camera but I don't want to lug it around all day. So I'm just going to bring my 8.2mp Kodak Easyshare. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky this time. I'm deff going to go buy two more memory cards for this weekend though. These are two pictures taken with my dads camera.

10-16-08003.jpg

My dad and my baby brother.

10-16-08010.jpg

My baby brother and my sister.

^^Now Giga, with that camera you have, I know you said the outside shots with it are awesome!

BUT isn't it also true that for inside the quality is just average? OR were your settings not the best previously for your inside shots, and adjusting those would make them better?!

^^Now Giga, with that camera you have, I know you said the outside shots with it are awesome!

BUT isn't it also true that for inside the quality is just average? OR were your settings not the best previously for your inside shots, and adjusting those would make them better?!

The setting I was using before wasn't the proper one for my indoor or night photos. It has a dime sized setting wheel on the back with 10 settings, including a video setting. It took a little getting used to, but I got it.

I filmed an approaching thunderstorm at night about a month ago, and it perfectly captured every bolt of lightning and crack of thunder (yes, I'm a bit of a storm chaser). I'm impressed with the camera, and happy knowing that I only spent $99 for it at Walmart.

awww, isn't he just adorable...

I'm sure going to try to take one of the best photos. But I'm not going to get my hopes up. And I was considering borrowing my dads camera but I don't want to lug it around all day. So I'm just going to bring my 8.2mp Kodak Easyshare. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky this time. I'm deff going to go buy two more memory cards for this weekend though. These are two pictures taken with my dads camera.

10-16-08003.jpg

My dad and my baby brother.

10-16-08010.jpg

My baby brother and my sister.

I will do the best PTR I can this weekend.

I may have to leave my camera in a locker so those enormous, towering rides at CP don't eat it. ;) I'd rather have a short PTR or just a TR than watch my Cybershot raise from my pocket and spin off into the stratosphere.