Kings Island commercial

kittenpooh

I was watching the news and a Kings Island commercial came on. I happen to look up and watch it as I recognized the 'come away with me' theme song came on. At the very end I saw a coaster I didn't notice. Can some one help me out..... Thanks in advance... :)

200905062255_00167.jpg

sorry it is a crappy picture. its off my cell phone and of the tv. :)

That doesn't even look like it's from Kings Island. Cedar Fair has been known to spontaneously put some rides from its other parks in with commercials for Kings Island though. One thing I can say is that it kind of looks like Premier track, but that's definitely NOT Backlot Stunt Coaster.

I know some will argue that cost is the reason they throw in random rides from other parks. Why though? The local news station are able to pull up archives of photos and videos of a huge amount of everything. I could see doing a general Cedar Fair ad and showing rides from everywhere but I don't think it's all necessary to do so when it's advertising the one destination. I remember ads like these from when I was much younger, I'd go to the park and would be disappointed not to find the ride or sometimes even a simple building that was in the ad. I think they should have to put a caption at the bottom saying "Not actual park photo" many car lots are required to do so why shouldn't a park? To further, with today's modern equipment it would be just as easy IMHO to produce a commercial using only park related photos.

This is one of the most horrible excuses for a commercial that I've ever seen. I first saw it a couple of nights ago while watching late night TV and so I had hoped that the commercial was more of a reject commercial that they were only going to show at like 1:00 in the morning. Then last night I saw it during prime time.

The reason why it is so horrible is because it just doesn't make any sense. Nevermind that there are a couple of rides in there that aren't even at the park, it only spends about two whole seconds advertising Diamondback--the ride that really matters in a commercial right now. In fact, the first time I saw the commercial, I completely missed the part about Diamondback and thought that it may have been left out altogether. The second time I saw it, it was pretty clear why I missed it the first time--it just didn't last very long.

However, the fact that Diamondback only makes a two second appearance is only a secondary problem. The thing that got me was the phrase "Come and smell the funnel cakes" and the reason why I hated it so much is because it was said in a way that seemed like this was going to be a new catch phrase for the park. Maybe someone can enlighten me to another reason why this could have been said. Maybe it's a Cedar Fair thing. Could it really have just been thrown in there at random for the first time in this commercial? I mean, I won't list the reasons quite yet of why I think it is stupid, at least not until someone can offer up a reasonable and rational explaination of why funnel cakes are an important part of Kings Island or Cedar Fair or anything for that matter. It has to be a reason other than the fact that Kings Island does indeed serve funnel cakes.

The thing that got me was the phrase "Come and smell the funnel cakes" and the reason why I hated it so much is because it was said in a way that seemed like this was going to be a new catch phrase for the park. Maybe someone can enlighten me to another reason why this could have been said.
Perhaps the reason they said "Come and smell the funnel cakes" is because no one has enough nickles to actually buy one and eat it...unlike the $2.66 fried piece of heaven at a certain park 3 hours to the west. :ph34r:

If making commercials is anything like putting together convention presentations (and I think it's pretty close), then my theory is that they use such stock and other-park footage because its easier to put together in a timely fashion. The alternative is to clear all the legal intellectual property, copyright, trademark, contract, licensing and various union restrictions that must be dealt with prior to production and release. Sometimes it's easier (and cheaper) to use sources for which you already have license, and that's probably what's going on here.

Just a theory. ^_^-_-

Thanks for starting this forum. I was wondering the same thing. My first though was that they may have put a new train on Little Bill but then I snapped to my senses.

The posters above are correct. Typically, these commercials are produced by the ad agency, who hasn't a clue which rides are in which park. They just piece it together, tag it with the appropriate park name, and send it to the dub house where it is duplicated and distributed to the media outlets. I would even bet that the commericals for Kings Island, Cedar Point, Knotts, and all the other Cedar Fair parks, arrive at the television station on the same tape.

It is laziness on the part of the agency and on the part of Cedar Fair management to allow this misrepresentation. Having said that, I doubt anyone other than us geeks would have even noticed.

Ha ha ha coaster geek I am. When I saw the commercial I yelled what the heck was that. So I rewound it and said holy crap, thats not at KI. So hence that is why I started this topic. It kills me that they do crap like that. Anyways. Thanks for all the input!! Love that im not the only coaster geek out there ;)

The other day I did see a much much better KI commercial. It was talking about the benefits of having a Gold Pass and it actually showed rides from the park. It's crazy that these two commercials are basically night and day in terms of quality and in terms of actually obtaining real information from them. What I mean is sending the message to buy a Gold Pass because of all the perks is a lot better than saying come and smell the funnel cakes.