A few questions about the park

chaogirl649

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker that rarely posts. My family is planning a trip to Kings Island for Friday, May 15th; and I am curious about a few things...

First, the forecast says that the high's only gonna be 54 degrees and that there's a 60% chance of rain. Can the rides be open in these conditions? If so, which ones? I haven't been to the park when it was raining since CF took over, and I don't know if their policies are any different. We don't mind getting a little wet or anything, but if nothing's going to be open, we'll reschedule.

Second, how bad do you guys think crowds will be on this day? It's a Math & Science day. I know it varies depending on the weather, how many groups are booked, etc., but does anyone have a general idea?

Third, we are thinking about getting season passes. When does season pass processing open? And, if possible, could we go straight to the Diamondback ERT after processing? We might not get there early enough for that, but I'd like to know just in case.

Fourth, our plan is to head straight to Diamondback once we get there, is the fastest way to get there by cutting through Nick U? Or is there a time of day when Diamondback lines are a lot shorter than usual?

Finally, and this may seem a bit off-topic after the other questions, but does anyone have any footage of Kings Island that I could use to make a music video? Video-editing is a big hobby of mine, and I'd like to make my friend a KI music video for his birthday, because he's a KI junkie like me, but unfortunately we do not have a video camera of our own. Anyone who could contribute would be a big help, and I'd be happy to give you credit.

I'd really appreciate any help I could get from you guys, and sorry for such a long post! :)

well, i would give it try, Fridays are usually when you can get walk ons on Diamondback, but i would wait until after 4. if you plan on going the whole day, then you will be fine and should be able to ride everything you would like to.

I must say from opening day and the following weekend(Both Trips on Sat) went I went to KI the crowds were pretty low like that longest I have waited this whole 2 weekends was 30 min for Firehawk and it broke-down twice so like 10 min of it being broke down and both stations open so that did help a little.

As far as the weather, it's still a little too early to know what's really going to happen a week from now. You will probably get a better idea of the weather around Tuesday of next week.

As far as Math & Science days at the park, they aren't too bad as long as you don't mind a bunch of rugrats running around. The good news is that most of them leave by 3 or 4. The park tries to open all the big rides first due to staffing issues, but if your favorite ride isn't open in the morning, it should open in the late afternoon when the local schools (Mason, Kings)start to dismiss and the park can get more of their employees in.