Abu Dhabi to build Ferrari World theme park

Ferrari Begins Construction of World First Theme Park in Abu Dhabi

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/30/abu-dha...rld-theme-park/

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071105.007/fe...rk-in-abu-dhabi

http://www.gizmag.com/ferrari-theme-park-underway/8306/

Construction gallery

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/yas-island/

White coaster has a huge looking layout and its very interesting and unique coaster.....

For one of my classes back in the fall, I had a guest lecturer from Jack Rouse Associates (now that was a fun two and a half hour long Monday evening night class!). They spent two hours detailing some of the ride and concepts for the park. That park is a REALLY expensive project. Most of the building, with the exception of the roller coasters and drop ride are all located indoors because of the climate. There will be some unique and interesting dark rides incorporated into the park.

The building, as can be seen in some of those construction pictures, is a really unique and expensive design. Definitely a fun and unique project. Hopefully, it is successful. The Ferrari brand has a very specific target market.

In the construction gallery (http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/yas-island/), the picture at the top of the page shows at least 15-20 cranes! That's CRAZY! That white coaster doesn't look too tall, but I think it's massive. It probably looks so small because there isn't anything to compare it to except for the building, and who knows how tall it is. I would love to go to the park later in life. I think I read it's costing 20+ billion dollars. I can't remember, and I don't want to say a figure that's way off. Maybe I won't be afraid to fly, let alone over seas, or be afraid of what's happening in the Middle East to make my way out there for a couple of weeks in like 20 years.

Here picture of world fastest coaster layout

3518642077_b472859dbe_o.png

Here video of Ferrari World Abu Dahbi

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

• 1 month later...
For one of my classes back in the fall, I had a guest lecturer from Jack Rouse Associates (now that was a fun two and a half hour long Monday evening night class!). They spent two hours detailing some of the ride and concepts for the park. That park is a REALLY expensive project. Most of the building, with the exception of the roller coasters and drop ride are all located indoors because of the climate. There will be some unique and interesting dark rides incorporated into the park.

The building, as can be seen in some of those construction pictures, is a really unique and expensive design. Definitely a fun and unique project. Hopefully, it is successful. The Ferrari brand has a very specific target market.

Did the guest lecturer happen to give details about the roller coasters, specifically the white one?

As both a theme park and automobile enthusiast this looks pretty cool to me, but I am not sure the GP will get this...I wish it was anywhere else in the world other the Middle East.

It is in the Middle East because the UAE is very wealthy. They have the $40 billion to spend on the theme park.

You people act as if Dubai already isn't filled with rich westerners, When the world's tallest buiding is being constructed and you have one of the fastest growing cities, I doubt an amusement park is their first target...

It's a high profile target. And they could kill children. Terrorists are like that.....

• 4 months later...

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/29...-ferrari-world/

There are a couple interesting quotes:

The building’s roof features what Keith James of Cincinnati-based Jack Rouse Associates, designer of the theme park’s attractions, describes as the largest Ferrari logo in the world.

theme park attractions, including a roller coaster. According to Mr. James, coaster passengers sit in replicas of Formula One Ferraris for an intense two-minute experience. Mr. James, whose other big projects include Volkswagen’s Autostadt in Germany and the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta, said the coaster was capable of 150 miles per hour, but may be operated at lower speeds.

Back in November, I had a guest lecturer in my Introduction to Programming class in UC`s Master of Architecture program at DAAP. The guest lecturers (there were three of them) came from Jack Rouse Associates. They spent two and a half hours detailing the design of the Ferrari theme park, and how they worked with the client to develop the brand image for the park, since Ferrari typically hasn`t done any marketing or brand building like they are doing with this park. It was one awesome lecture!

• 6 months later...