Friday May 8th

flightoffear1996

Well this trip was't ever fun at all. I looked at the weather forecast and it said chance of rain 30% so I figured I would go ahead and go. I waited for my friend to get out of class and we got to the park about 3:00. Rode Diamondback first with about a 20 minute wait. We got the last seat but I still like the front better. In the splash down I stuck my arm out and got nailed by the spash. After Diamondback we were going to ride The Beast but it was a 30 minute wait and I don't think The Beast is that fun of a ride to wait 30 minutes for. We then rode Black Lot about a 10 minute wait. Still I think that triple helix is one of the best. After that we headed to Firehawk. It had the back section of line open so the line was moving horribly slow. They soon decieded to open up both sides. We got the far side. Heading up the lift the train stopped at the very top. Riders we are experince a tempory mechincal declay. The skys got a little bit darker. The ride associate walked up and gave us no information what so ever but I didnt expect them too. After sitting on the lift for about 30 minutes listening to someone rap the ride finally started. Unfortantly it started to rain and the rides began closing. We then went to Skyline down the street for some diner and hoped the rain had stopped. It didnt. We asked the GR if they had the knew about what time the rides would reopen and they said about 2.5 hours so we left the park. Its said they won't run the rides in a little bit of rain.

..... I was there too. We got there at 2:45, rode Adventure Express, Drop Tower and Delrium and got some food. When we got in line for SOB they shut down the rides.. Then we sat underneath the wheelchair shelter and met some people up. The kiddyland is always open so we rode Scooby Doo 2 times and then went to Crypt, first time it was fun, second time it stopped in the middle but said we could stay on if we wanted to go again, and so we got 2 1/2 rides on the crypt before deciding to leave.

Sorry you didn't have a fun day. I had a blast yesterday. I was there from open til close, and racked up 36 rides on Diamondback (thanks to the single rider line). During the "rain" downtime, just hung out with friends I don't get to see often, and waited for things to open up. Diamondback reopened around 7pm, and it was just flying the rest of the night after the rain.

FYI, it wasn't just the rain that closed rides, as they do run some rides in the rain, it was due to lightning in the area that closed everything down for the extended time. It was still lightly raining when Diamondback reopened, and all I can say is WOW! What a ride! I went yesterday because I wasn't going to make it to the RW even this weekend due to prior committments.

If it starts storming, like lightning and/or thundering, not just raining, then all of the rides will close. Then, after the lightning and thunder stops, you have to wait 30 minutes for the rides to open. If there's another flash of lightning, then you have to wait 30 minutes.

..... The kittyland is always open so we rode Scooby Doo 2 times and then went to Crypt...

a. If you mean Nick Universe, it too closes during electrical storms.

b. If you mean kittyland, is that where kittenpooh is? :)

For the past two weekends, it has rained on Fridays.. And for the past two fridays, all of the adult rides are closed, but when you travel to Nick Universe (KIDDY-LAND, haha oh wow.. i did mess up) those rides are always open.

..... The kittyland is always open so we rode Scooby Doo 2 times and then went to Crypt...

a. If you mean Nick Universe, it too closes during electrical storms.

b. If you mean kittyland, is that where kittenpooh is? :)

Epic post =)

My family & I also gambled and went on Friday...hoping to beat the weekend crowds a bit. We arrived around 1 o'clock and got quite a bit done...but yeah, when the rains hit that was depressing.

(Personally some of my FAVORITE memories are of riding both The Beast & Delirium in the pouring rain.)