Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend

Beast1979

It's Beast1979 here, showing you Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend from my perspective. Ride Warriors Weekend was fantastic, a great and fun event. I got to meet a lot of nice people (And some hyper ones (cough*PHANTOM THEATRE*cough)) and enjoy Kings Island (And Wal-Mart!) I was also introduced to some people who work at Kings Island, and found out that Don Helbig likes my photography.

Speaking of Photography, let's get to the Pictures!

DSC02024.jpg

It was another early start, I was up at 5:50 AM. This is my Brother Joe, he was up at 5:20! I think he's sick.

DSC02025.jpg

This is the equiptment of the Famous Trooper Mom.

DSC02026.jpg

We were out the door at around 6:10 AM. This is the second time in the last month I've gotten up this early to go to Kings Island. And I love it!

DSC02027.jpg

At around 6:20 we first caught sight of KI.

DSC02028.jpg

How crowded is the park at 6 AM?

DSC02029.jpg

It's not.

DSC02030.jpg

Here is my traditional photo of Invertigo as I walked into the park.

DSC02031.jpg

After a bit of waiting we were registered. They gave us Lanyards, Free Drink Wristbands, and a schedule.

DSC02033.jpg

Did I ever show you my Customized Shoes?

DSC02034.jpg

I was dumbfounded by how many people showed up! There was well in excess of 1,000 people!

DSC02035.jpg

I thought, "Kings Island was NEVER this popular!"

DSC02036.jpg

And then I remembered, "Oh Yea. We got a B&M this year."

DSC02037.jpg

Which is, sadly, the only reason a lot of people came. I enjoy Kings Island in many aspects aside from Diamondback. Although Diamondback is really cool.

DSC02038.jpg

I mean, look at it! You can't say that's not cool (Theme Park Review People, this is a retorical statement)

DSC02039.jpg

First Ride of the Day, The Beast.

DSC02040.jpg

Kings Island made it known that The Beast is celebrating 30 Years of Terror this year.

DSC02041.jpg

For those of you who do not know where the ACE plaque is, right as you enter the queue look left.

DSC02042.jpg

The Beast was screaming that morning!

DSC02043.jpg

I have to say, it was running better then it has in a LONG time.

DSC02045.jpg

I got 2 rides on The Beast before moving on.

DSC02044.jpg

What's next? Why, the second major coaster with ERT this morning!

DSC02046.jpg

Vortex!

DSC02047.jpg

The Vortex was actually running very well.

DSC02048.jpg

I rode once with StalkerChick

DSC02049.jpg

Then once by myself.

DSC02050.jpg

The Batwing is the wierdest element ever.

DSC02053.jpg

I stopped over by the famous "Coney Mall Clearing"

DSC02054.jpg

Quite honestly guys, I don't see anything major over here. The area is way too small. Also, there is no real work being done here. The BungeeDome was removed and they're putting in grass. That's it.

DSC02055.jpg

I tried to be Artsy, this is what I got.

DSC02056.jpg

Time to Ride Backlot Stunt Waste-of-Space!

DSC02057.jpg

I rode it once. It was, ehhh, ok, to say the least.

DSC02058.jpg

Let's go back to Beast!

DSC02060.jpg

Why not, right?

DSC02062.jpg

I marathoned 4 rides on it before I left.

DSC02063.jpg

"Just be patient, Jackson. Tonight, you'll get your chance."

DSC02064.jpg

More Backlot?

DSC02065.jpg

I rode Backlot 3 times in a row with Trooper Mom.

DSC02052.jpg

Next up, more Vortex!

DSC02051.jpg

I marathoned Vortex for 9 rides, 8 with Nick (Dare-To-Fly)

DSC02069.jpg

Once the park opened, I sprinted to X-Base and rode Flight of Fear 3 times, once with Cedar Pointer.

DSC02070.jpg

Halfway through my first ride, they turned the lights on! They turned them off once we hit the final brakes.

DSC02072.jpg

Flight of Fear, IMO, is the one of the few good things Paramount gave us.

DSC02073.jpg

We headed over to Potato Works to meet up with Adam (pkiboy)

DSC02074.jpg

Once I met up with Adam, Trooper Mom headed home.

DSC02075.jpg

Our group consisted of me, Adam, Kat (violakat03), Elissa, and Al.

DSC02076.jpg

This woman, altough not in our group, had an awesome reflection on her glasses.

DSC02077.jpg

After waiting for quite some time, we went on The Beast Walkback Tour.

DSC02079.jpg

w00t! Way-To-Small-To-Fit tunnel!

DSC02080.jpg

The lift and drop on The Beast is very photogenic.

DSC02081.jpg

And down they go!

Next post for more.....

• Like 1

DSC02082.jpg

135 foot drop!

DSC02083.jpg

If you look way back there you can see the helix.

DSC02084.jpg

Poor guys, they just hit the trims.

DSC02085.jpg

Coming out of the tunnel.

DSC02086.jpg

People waved to us as we took photos.

DSC02088.jpg

Here is a group photo of all the KIC members on the walkback. We made up a small portion of the group, most were ACE.

DSC02089.jpg

Then there were smaller groups....

DSC02090.jpg

Jeff Gramke said that during the retracking, the radius of the Helix was increased!

DSC02091.jpg

People put their hands and heads up against the structure, then looked shocked when it vibrated.

DSC02092.jpg

It may be hard to tell, but beyond Kings Island the terrain Drops Off dramatically. You can tell by riding The Beast. Right before the last turn before the second lift, look up. You can see Diamondback sitting on what looks like a cliff!

DSC02093.jpg

Going under and over!

DSC02094.jpg

The drop into the ravine.

DSC02095.jpg

Kat takes picture, I say: "Wow, your such a nerd. Let me join you!" and I take the same picture.

DSC02096.jpg

Kat seems to like Structure photos.

DSC02100.jpg

So I took some.

DSC02102.jpg

That's cool!

DSC02101.jpg

You get some nice views of Diamondback from The Beast.

DSC02103.jpg

Vortex made a lot of noise!

DSC02104.jpg

While Diamondback, however, was practically silent.

DSC02106.jpg

Don Helbig introduced me to some people who work at Kings Island, who's names I can't remember. Don was rooting for me in the photo contest. Great, more pressure.

DSC02107.jpg

I'll always remember this as the place where I got a piece of The Beast. A splinter came off a piece of wood, and I stashed it in my Lanyard.

DSC02109.jpg

Nice shot of the Train entering the lift.

DSC02111.jpg

Diamondback: Where Else?

DSC02113.jpg

Seriously.

DSC02112.jpg

Where else can you get this baby?

DSC02117.jpg

Kings Island. That's where.

DSC02118.jpg

Our group headed out to lunch!

DSC02119.jpg

Of course we didn't eat in-park, park food stinks and it costs twice as much!

DSC02120.jpg

I know it is customary to take pictures of your meal, but I forgot. So what WAS here was french fries and chocolate milk. Yea, I know, I'm a horrible eater. I'm trying to change.

DSC02121.jpg

Kat broke her glasses, so we went to Wal-Mart! You shoulda seen us, we were a sight, with our lanyards, coaster shirts, cameras, we were hilarious!

DSC02122.jpg

It wasn't long before Elissa, Adam and I raided the cookie aisle! To quote Elissa: "COOKIES!!!!!!!!" Elissa got Milk Chocolate Milanos (Which were gone by the time we left the parking lot), Adam got Snickerdoodles, and I got Famous Amos cookies (Which are still in Al's trunk! Darnet!)

DSC02123.jpg

After our Wal-Mart adventure, we went to Adam's apartment so he could get some sweaters. The road there was full of hills, so, us being coaster enthusiasts, yelled for Al to floor it and get some airtime. Luckilly for our safety Al is a wiser man and did not give in to us, so we screamed "Trim Brake!"

DSC02124.jpg

At the request of one of my fellow riders, here is a pic of the mail truck.

DSC02125.jpg

Can we go to KI NOW? Nope, we gotta fill up.

DSC02126.jpg

How crammed were we in the car? Crammed.

DSC02127.jpg

Finally! We're back at Kings Island! Let's go ride now, right?

DSC02128.jpg

Nope. We stopped by the drop off area to check out an accident.

DSC02129.jpg

Apparently someone didn't do their job backing out.

DSC02130.jpg

Naturally, this brought Kings Island Drive to a standstill.

DSC02131.jpg

Ok, I know politics are supposed to stay out of this, but I just couldn't help but to give Kat a high five for these two stickers.

DSC02132.jpg

At this point in time the clouds started to clear out. But with their departure, the wind came in. It was howling! Drop Tower was temporarily closed due to wind.

DSC02133.jpg

Oooo! Yey! Diamondback!

DSC02135.jpg

Kat was not feeling well, so while she and the rest of my group sat outside Diamondback's entrance I took some pictures.

DSC02136.jpg

Sploosh!

DSC02137.jpg

At this point you're thinking "Jackson, what up with all the Diamondback pics?" Well, there's a photo contest, remember?

DSC02134.jpg

This, so far, is my candidate for the one I want to send in.

DiamondbackMidway.jpg

Here is a horribly stitched together panoramic view of the Diamondback midway.

DSC02144.jpg

I would have loved to ride Diamondback (I haven't ridden anything since Flight of Fear at 10:05, this is about 3:30 PM), but the line was an hour long.

DSC02149.jpg

Kat went to first aid because she wasn't feeling well. We followed after her a while later. I have never been in the first aid building, so I thought this picture was awesome.

DSC02150.jpg

We sat and talked with Kat for a while. Kat was suffering from some heat exhaustion, so they sat her in front of a fan.

Next Post for more........

• Like 1

DSC02154.jpg

After talking to Kat, we decided to hit up Adventure Express, but not after making a pit-stop at Outer Hanks bar.

DSC02153.jpg

We saw this pretty bird by the Oktoberfest lake.

DSC02156.jpg

Adventure Express anyone?

DSC02157.jpg

We got in line, then realized it was 10 till 6. So we headed towards the Kings Island Theatre. On our way out of Adventure Express, we saw the line pouring past the covered queue section. I hate, I hate, I HATE Saturdays!

DSC02159.jpg

Time to listen to Guest Speakers.

DSC02160.jpg

The topic? Beast, of course!

DSC02161.jpg

For the most part, this was very boring. They just recited the same speach they gave at KIC Offseason Blues, and at KIC Second Coming. It wasn't a total Waste though, it was the first time I ever went in the Kings Island theatre!

DSC02162.jpg

When the speech was done, what was left of our group went to Rivertown, then after seeing that even the Bathroom had a half hour wait, we progressed to the Picnic Grove.

DSC02163.jpg

They gave away these free cups. No wonder, it has Son of Beast and not Diamondback!

DSC02164.jpg

Hey look, advertising.

DSC02165.jpg

After a while of introducing and whatnot, they started playing some music. It started off with the Coaster Enthusiast Favorite, Ready to Go by Republica. Then they went to....gah, what was it? I don't know. Most of the songs they played I had never heard, due to the fact that they were made in 1979!

DSC02166.jpg

Then, these two started dancing.

DSC02170.jpg

Little Bill lead the dancing for a while!

DSC02172.jpg

It wasn't long until our entire table (Which consisted of Me, Adam, Al, Kat, Elissa, Phantom Theatre, and a few others) were on their feet dancing!

DSC02173.jpg

Unfortunately, we were the only ones. Seriously. Our Table Danced the night away, while the entire rest of the group (Excluding a few kids younger then me) sat on there rumps, not doing anything.

DSC02174.jpg

Ohh well, their loss. The KIC people danced and danced and danced!

DSC02177.jpg

It started to get overcast around 8:30, and I kept my fingers crossed for the rain to stay away.

DSC02178.jpg

Phantom Theatre (Who CLAIMS he didn't have too much sugar) and Elissa rocked out.

DSC02181.jpg

They gave away free cake, but they didn't touch the offical Beast Birthday Cake.

DSC02182.jpg

The Cupid Shuffle. You knew it was coming.

DSC02184.jpg

Eventually Scooby replaced Little Bill.

DSC02190.jpg

How much fun was I having? Enough to not even be able to hold the Camera Steady! If I could live that party over again, I would.

DSC02191.jpg

It was looking like it would start raining any second, but luckilly it held off.

DSC02192.jpg

Nightfall. Is it over yet?

DSC02198.jpg

No Way! Time for Diamondback Night time ERT!

Before last night, I had never ridden Diamondback at night. Let me tell you, it is amazing. Beautiful. Fantastic. Spectacular. Awesome. Awestriking. Blissful. Pure Joy. Take the 5 happiest moments of your entire life, add them all together, then multiply by 10, and you've got the happiness Diamondback gives you. I found myself screaming during the ride, "Don't let it stop! Just keep going! Please!"

Kings Island, you have done spectacularly with Diamondback.

Next post for Day 2.....

• Like 1

DSC02200.jpg

Headed out for Day 2, not as early as a start as yesterday, but early.

DSC02201.jpg

Like yesterday, we huddled at the entrance, ready for ERT. This time, however, people were tired. I caught Daneille (Kieko Coaster) at the enterance, Crunk Energy in hand. Some people had stayed up until 1, and they were paying for it. I was there until midnight, and got a total of 5 hours of sleep.

DSC02202.jpg

Time for some riding!

DSC02203.jpg

Not exactly though. Firehawk was broken (Typical), so we rode Flight of Fear. They treated us to some Lights On fun! We rode Flight of Fear 3 times in a row before moving on to Red Racer. To compensate for the lack of Firehawk, they opened Vortex for us. We rode it twice, which was about all we could handle. Maybe the ride wasn't running as well, maybe our sleepy heads couldn't take it, I don't know. Our group of me, Justinm17, and Kieko Coaster merged with 2 other people who's names I didn't catch, and we rode Flight of Fear once. Then we went to Red Racer for 2 rides, which was fun as always.

DSC02204.jpg

Once they dropped the ropes, we went to Diamondback.

DSC02205.jpg

Our group kinda dissolved at Diamondback. This single rider line REALLY needs some work. I saw people in front of me in the single rider line who left, went into the normal line, and got on before I did.

DSC02206.jpg

Time for some more Diamondback Photo Fun!

DSC02207.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, start your drooling!

DSC02209.jpg

*drools*

DSC02211.jpg

*more drools*

DSC02212.jpg

*creates a river of drool*

DSC02216.jpg

I rode Crypt for the first time this year. It was, forcefull. I started to tear up and get a headache. I started to wonder if I'd be able to stand afterwards!

DSC02217.jpg

Droping out of the Mid Course

DSC02218.jpg

Going through the last cammelback

DSC02219.jpg

Down the First drop!

DSC02221.jpg

Through the hills!

DSC02222.jpg

Yes, yes, YES!!!!!!!!!!

DSC02223.jpg

I love Diamondback!

DSC02224.jpg

Who agrees?

DSC02226.jpg

Look, reflection!

DSC02227.jpg

Twisted mess of B&M Glory

DSC02229.jpg

2 Trains in one!

DSC02231.jpg

After Riding The Beast, I was tired, tired, tired. And even starting to get sick to my stomach. So, at about 11:00 AM, we headed home.

Let me take this time to say, thank you Kings Island for a wonderful weekend! Thank you for giving me the oppertunity to meet such great people, ride such great rides, and have such a wonderful time! Kings Island is my haven, my escape, my home away from home. And what an escape it was this weekend! I had a fantastic time!

Also, KIC, help me out here. I am having some trouble deciding what photo to send in, so if you could post your opinion on which photo you like the most, that'd be great!

Thanks so much for Reading!

I enjoyed getting to marathon on Vortex with you Friday morning, and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

A fan of night Diamondback rides are you? My nighttime Diamondback rides were very enjoyable as well. It was fun finding The Beast from there, and then watching the helix rotate on the hammerhead.

Great trip report and nice photos.

I agree that night rides on DB are amazing. The later it got the more fun I had... and everyone was getting pretty giddy from sleep deprivation and the incredibly short wait. DB is so easy to reride. It just doesn't get old!

Awesome PTR! Seems like you had a really great time! the Diamondback pictures we're pretty awesome! B)

Like Justin mentioned it was me (Kyle) and Ashers (Ashley) that merged into your group! We had a fun time riding with you guys. Expect a PTR from us later.

• Like 1

You do take really good pictures. I really like this one:

DSC02117.jpg

The one you were considering is a really good one as well.

Nice meeting you on Diamondback this morning.

REPTAR!!!!!

lol, nice meeting you too. You forgot to POINT at Reptar. *Points* REPTAR!

Very nice TR, Jackson. It was nice meeting you and Trooper Mom!

And by the way, the two people our group merged with were Kjkjkj and Ashers :) Didn't you read their shirts?

No, I didn't look at the back of their shirts, I was a bit pre-occupied with riding.

I enjoyed getting to marathon on Vortex with you Friday morning, and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

A fan of night Diamondback rides are you? My nighttime Diamondback rides were very enjoyable as well. It was fun finding The Beast from there, and then watching the helix rotate on the hammerhead.

You're always a fun person to ride with, especially on a ride with Trims. There's something about your reaction to them that is hilarious.

A Fan of Night Rides on Diamondback? YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!