Ride warriors experience.

CoasterFreak45

This was my first ever roller coaster event I took part in and I must say, I am defiantly doing more of them. I had an amazing time and got to meet interesting people that share the same passion and thoughts as I do.

I had a blast as well. I didn't get to the park until 6 on Saturday due to work :angry: . Waits by then weren't too bad. All the bands were heading home. I met a nice family in The Beast plaza waiting for the walkback to the Diamondback night ERT, and we shared some stories about coasters, Kings Island, and mean tricks we play on first-time riders for ANY coaster.

Sunday was fantastic. Riding The Racer at 8 am when the other coasters were still sleeping (save of course for FoF) was amazing. Looking down the midway and seeing NO ONE was special indeed. I got to meet GabeLogan99 and finally met the famous JackSon of Beast1979 fame. We were actually paired up on Diamondback during the morning ERT. I got him to point at and yell "REPTAR!!!" (we'll get him trained in the way of the Chsbi yet), then proceeded to get my a$$ handed to me on DB. 8th ride of the day (first on DB), all before 10 am. Wow. :blink: Park was more crowded than I expected for mother's day, but probably like an average weekend day with no special events.

Want to know what a chsbi is? TOUGH!

No, really, I may tell you, but then I'd have to flog you with a wet noodle.

I'll get a PTR up sometime soon (with some nice shots I got while playing with my new camera phone), but right now, I'm so tired that I'm not sure if I'm typing in English or Klingon.

I will also agree, this event was awesome. Everything from the ERT's to the different clubs interacting, to the presentation in the Kings Island Theater. My brother and I had an amazing time and we also got to do so many rides on not just the coasters (which we def had plenty of) but also some of the other rides in the park as well. I def cant wait for another event like this. Also as the others have said, THANKS to all of the Kings Island Staff for putting on this event.

...I'll get a PTR up sometime soon (with some nice shots I got while playing with my new camera phone), but right now, I'm so tired that I'm not sure if I'm typing in English or Klingon.

You are.

Terpy, ever helpful...

:blink: :blink: :blink: uhhhhhh...

It's all Greek to me.

One suggestion for next time though - turn all those trim brakes off!

I don't think I need to even post my opinion on this subject, as you all seem to know exactly how I feel! It seems to be the first thing everyone mentions as soon as they meet me, so I have developed a reputation. SWEET!!!

Nonetheless, even with trims and lines during both days, we still had a fantastic time. For those that I saw - I hope you had as much fun as I did and I look forward to seeing you at the island all summer long!

Wish I could have afforded to go, but sadly the economy has me down.....

Speaking of trim brakes, you act as if someone has control over if they are on or not. For the most part, those are kept on for your safety and comfort, but lets just forget that for a second...

Lines were short everywhere we went with the exception of when the kids rode scrambler.

Uh, were we at the same park? You definitely need to attend on a weekday, my friend.

Rode Beast twice with out getting off the train. Most everything else was either walk on, or 1 train/ride wait. DB we waited for 1 train the first time, the other 2 times were SRL and only waited for 2 trains max. The second time on DB my daughter & I were in the SRL separately but some how that I don't understand we ended up riding together. At one point they were just sending multiple people from the SRL line together alternating with the regular line.

It is possible that we were at the same park, but we must have zigged when you zagged.

And sorry, I won't be making it down on a weekday as I am self employed and work 6 days a week. This is why I couldn't justify going a pay coaster club (joined KIC after the cutoff date) to go to RWW. Since CP CoasterMania is on a Friday-Saturday, I won't be able to do that one either.

Lines were short everywhere we went with the exception of when the kids rode scrambler.

Uh, were we at the same park? You definitely need to attend on a weekday, my friend.

Rode Beast twice with out getting off the train. Most everything else was either walk on, or 1 train/ride wait. DB we waited for 1 train the first time, the other 2 times were SRL and only waited for 2 trains max. The second time on DB my daughter & I were in the SRL separately but some how that I don't understand we ended up riding together. At one point they were just sending multiple people from the SRL line together alternating with the regular line.

It is possible that we were at the same park, but we must have zigged when you zagged.

And sorry, I won't be making it down on a weekday as I am self employed and work 6 days a week. This is why I couldn't justify going a pay coaster club (joined KIC after the cutoff date) to go to RWW. Since CP CoasterMania is on a Friday-Saturday, I won't be able to do that one either.

OOOPS!! I should read more carefully. I somehow missed the part about having a full day at the park that was not during RWW. Sorry about that!

Since it was obviously not on a Saturday, I guarantee we were indeed both there.

I had an absolute blast. I met so many people from KIC, and it was so funny. I had never met anyone before Saturday, but yet by the time we were walking/dancing out of the park tonight you'd think we'd been friends for years. And we got some AMAZING pictures during the last 10-20 minutes of our stay tonight (Tom and the Mystery Machine...mwahahaha!)

I had a great time with everyone. I met up with several I knew already, and met quite a few new faces. One of the biggest highlights of the day for me was rolling up to DB with a group of 22 people, and seeing the priceless look on the ride op's face when we told him how many were in our group.

The free drink wristbands were great, as was having a feeling of importance walking around with our flashy VIP badges and people around us whispering "How did they get those??"

Like Justin said, it was an amazing feeling to walk around with everyone like we've all known each other for years. I wish I'd joined KIC sooner.

I had an absolute blast. I met so many people from KIC, and it was so funny. I had never met anyone before Saturday, but yet by the time we were walking/dancing out of the park tonight you'd think we'd been friends for years. And we got some AMAZING pictures during the last 10-20 minutes of our stay tonight (Tom and the Mystery Machine...mwahahaha!)

OMG that was the FUNNIEST thing EVER!!!

That picture was the best picture I took in 2 days!!! :lol:

Will be posting TR later!

Had great time!!

OMG that was the FUNNIEST thing EVER!!!

That picture was the best picture I took in 2 days!!! :lol:

Will be posting TR later!

Had great time!!

I didn't manage to get a picture of it, so i'm waiting for it to go up in a TR or something :P And for a certain little stalker to get our last Diamondback on-ride photo up...