What's up with Firehawk

DaveStroem

Well I hate to tell you but this weekend is probably going to be nothing but waits. With the weather we will most likley be running one side and the line will move farilry slowly

Does Firehawk ever not have a wait? Even on a walk-on Friday, Firehawk seems to always have at least a 30min wait...

I just can't handle a 30+ minute long wait for any ride anymore. :lol:

Weren't you planning on going to CP opening weekend? You'll be lucky for less than a 30 minute wait!

And don't forget, summer is coming and school will be out soon enough at KI.

I just can't handle a 30+ minute long wait for any ride anymore. :lol:

Weren't you planning on going to CP opening weekend? You'll be lucky for less than a 30 minute wait!

And don't forget, summer is coming and school will be out soon enough at KI.

Ya, if your planning to go to CP, Good Luck, I know some people who work there and they are expecting to be packed. I would stick with KI as long as the schools in the area are still in. Because oce they are out, good luck finding a line shorter than 45 min for most rides

^ I can see where that would be a problem. There is definitely more flexibility with movement on Vekoma flyers than B&Ms.

Having said that, have you been on a B&M flyer where you've been "stuck" in the fly position, either on the lift or brake run? We got stuck on the brake run on Superman down at SFOG for 25 minutes and I will assure you that is a very uncomfortable position to be in. We had a claustrophobic gentleman next to us and he was practically crying by the time we got off the ride. We had a good laugh about it afterwards (getting three front of line passes each helped!), but this is where I really appreciated the differences in restraints.

^ I can see where that would be a problem. There is definitely more flexibility with movement on Vekoma flyers than B&Ms.

Having said that, have you been on a B&M flyer where you've been "stuck" in the fly position, either on the lift or brake run? We got stuck on the brake run on Superman down at SFOG for 25 minutes and I will assure you that is a very uncomfortable position to be in. We had a claustrophobic gentleman next to us and he was practically crying by the time we got off the ride. We had a good laugh about it afterwards (getting three front of line passes each helped!), but this is where I really appreciated the differences in restraints.

That is one of the reasons I prefer Vekoma Fliers. B&M's are way less comfortable, Even with 2 Trains they Stack and I mean stack for about 10 Minutes- All the Blood rushes to your head. Plus the 2 I have Ridden (S:UF Clones) Are forceless Minus the Pretzel Loop. Firehawk is a great ride, it has forces, smooth ride, comfortable ride, great layout, and more. Theres only two things I do not like about Vekoma Fliers, if you ride during day your eyes Burn on the lift hill, and the restraints make my hair statical.

That is one of the reasons I prefer Vekoma Fliers. B&M's are way less comfortable, Even with 2 Trains they Stack and I mean stack for about 10 Minutes- All the Blood rushes to your head. Plus the 2 I have Ridden (S:UF Clones) Are forceless Minus the Pretzel Loop. Firehawk is a great ride, it has forces, smooth ride, comfortable ride, great layout, and more. Theres only two things I do not like about Vekoma Fliers, if you ride during day your eyes Burn on the lift hill, and the restraints make my hair statical.

Ever been stuck on Firehawk's brake run with the sun in your eyes? I had that happen on batwing a couple years ago & it wasn't pleasent but still it's better than being face down with your body weight in the harness the entire time.

If you can get to the park right before opening, FH is def a ride to hit first, when there is no line. There is usually a line going back a couple of rows at least within 15 mins (on saturdays anyway) of the park being open. With FOF next door, you can easily knock those 2 out within your first 30 mins at the park on busy days.

If you can get to the park right before opening, FH is def a ride to hit first, when there is no line. There is usually a line going back a couple of rows at least within 15 mins (on saturdays anyway) of the park being open. With FOF next door, you can easily knock those 2 out within your first 30 mins at the park on busy days.

This was our exact plan. We hit DB & Beast x2 during the EMH then headed over to FH & FOF. Unfortunately FH was down that day. FOF on the other hand had a completely empty queue inside. I have never seen it like that. Our first FOF was walk on and the second was a 2 train wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got a ride on Firehawk. We got there shortly after 10:00am and the line was open. We proceeded to the queue and got nearly to the ride associate that counts people and assigns which side of the station to go to. Then when we were about 10 people away, they made that horrid announcement that the ride was down.

Since it was so early, we decided to hit FOF instead. After a 10 minute wait for FOF we headed back over to FH and saw that it was open again but the associate at the front said that only 1 side of the station was open. We really wanted to get this ride in so we decided to go for it. The queue was 2 rows longer this time, but we weren't going to miss out on FH this time.

As we got up to the station assigner another associate came down the ramp and picked up the phone there. As soon as he got off he opened the gate and sent us down under to the other side of the station. This was great as it appeared that there was at least 2 if not 3 trains of people at the first station and we would be walk on for our side.

We got on the ride and buckled up. While I enjoyed the ride, I did not like it when they lower you down in the station so that your head is lower then your heart. I could feel the blood rushing to my brain and starting to give me a headache. Once we hit the lift hill everything was better at least till we got back to the station.

The ride itself was unlike anything that I have ever done before. I thought it was quite cool but I don't know that it will be a ride that I have to do each trip or more then once during any day.