Ride Warriors Weekend : A Huge Success, Tom Rebbie on His Involvement With The Beast, ASA Sports Coming to Kings Island & More!

On May 9th and 10th Kings Island held their inaugural Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend featuring over thirteen hours of exclusive ride time, guest speakers, a birthday party for the legendary Beast roller coaster and much more. I think I can speak for everyone in giving Kings Island a giant 'thank you' for such an incredible event!

One of the guest speakers that was scheduled to attend was Tom Rebbie, the owner of Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters, Inc. Unfortunately due to business obligations, Tom was unable to attend but he did pass along a video in which he discusses his memories of assisting in the creation of The Beast. In case you missed the presentation (or want to see it again) the video is available to watch by clicking here.

During Memorial Day Weekend, May 23-24th, Kings Island will host an action packed event featuring the extreme thrills of skateboarding, BMX biking and motocross as the ASA Action Sports World Tour passes through Kings Island on the 4th stop of its tour. Each day, park visitors will witness heart-stopping action from the sport’s top athletes such as 2008 X Games and LG Skateboard Vert World Champion Pierre-Luc Gagnon (Montreal, Canada), former Skateboard World Champion Sandro Dias (Sa Paulo, Brazil) Skateboard Vert Superstar Danny Mayer (Omaha, Nebraska), 2008 X Games and LG BMX Vert World Champion Jamie Bestwick (Nottingham, England), 2008 X Games BMX Big Air Champion Chad Kagy (Gilroy, CA), and BMX Vert Superstar Simon Tabron (Newquay, England). Revving up the intensity will be the Freestyle Motocross pros whose back-flips and whips will leave spectators in awe.

The weekend will feature concerts by Crooked X on Saturday and Collective Soul on Sunday. This two day event, including the concerts, is included FREE with park admission. Click here for more information about the ASA Action Sports World Tour!

After what may have felt like an eternity to many of counting down the months, days, hours, minutes or even seconds that time has finally arrived! It's fast, it's full of venom and IT'S HERE! Diamondback, Kings Island's new 230' steel monster, will open this Saturday. With its incredible height, ten vertical drops, special open-air stadium-style seating and countless other incredible and innovative features, it is certainly the most anticipated new ride of 2009!

Click here to see photos of Diamondback or

to see a video of Diamondback in action!

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

I second Ryan's shout-out to Don Helbig and Co. for staging this event! I truly enjoyed the DB ERT Sat night, logging a lot of rides in some 2 plus hours! Hopefully this sets the stage for more enthusiast events in the future, including a hopeful 3rd annual KIC Day later this summer. I was able to meet a few of my fellow KICers and look forward to saying Hi to many more of you during future visits.

I third the shout-out. Even though I wasn't in attendance- from what I saw and read about the ERT, The Beast walkback, the Q&A, The Beast Bash, and all of the other events that Kings Island planned for their "ride warriors", I can tell Kings Island really put in a lot of time and effort to make this weekend memorable for all those who attended. Great job Don and Kings Island for a world class event for coaster enthusiasts!

I had one of the best times of my life. It was great to meet so many of my fellow KICer's. Your a great bunch! I also really enjoyed getting to talk to Don. He's a great guy and and thank him and company for all that they did to make such a great weekend happen.

Sat DB ERT was insanely fun. So many rides, so late after park closing and so many crazy people!

Despite my being so quiet this past weekend (I apologize to those who were a bit weirded out by that - I promise to be more sociable in the future...), I also had a great time meeting all the KIC'ers and taking part in the fun activities. This past weekend was by far the most fun I've had at KI in a long time and I hope KI does it again in the future :)

Considering how successful this year's event was, I'm sure they will. I noticed many people throughout the park both days telling Don how much they were enjoying it, particularly at the end of Sunday as Don was standing at the entrance to DBack shaking hands with each and every Ride Warrior :)

That's the next thing i'm looking forward to... I had so much fun last year even with being shy and not talking to anybody. I can only imagine the fun after opening up and talking a bit.

Who knows??? Maybe the KIC Group can convince me to ride Drop Tower for the first time. My goal this year was to at least get in line for it even if I didn't go through with it. This is coming from a person that shrieked their head off on Demon Drop at CP.

You guys are saying Demon Drop is more stomach churning that Drop Tower...

Drop Tower sure seems a lot more scary... However, the word of terpy and Ryan isn't taken lightly.

I still think it would be nice to be around for the RWCW next year. Drop Tower could hinder that.. :D