New area by 2022?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If KI built a parking garage it would have a rapid descent system in order to get your car to the ground earlier, also known as holes in the ground. I still don't see it being feasible, not for a park of this size. Universal Studios, yeah it's bigger, but it's also a destination, people are staying on property and riding buses/trams/etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't really thing SOB will make it too 2022. So I guess look at a new land right where the coaster is.

Um, why wouldn't SOB make it until then? It would only be 22 or 23 years old. The Beast is 30. I definitely see SOB being there in 2022 unless something catostrophic happens or it becomes VERY ubnpopular to where very few people ride it.

Don't forget, if CF still owns KI in 2022, CP's 150th anniversay is two years earlier (2020). I'm not saying CP will get an expansion or something, but do keep that in mind. But, I hope, and do think that, KI gets a nice new section of the park in 2022. Maybe a roller coaster and a flat ride or two. I'm not asking for much, but it is definitely more then what would normally be given.

Only 14 years to go.

I'm pretty sure SOB will still be there in 2022. It may be helluva rough (don't know myself, not rich enough to visit KI over and over and last time SOB was broken down) but I have seen quite a few people on various websites that like SOB, sometimes even enough to list it in a "Top 10 Best Coasters" list. I made a poll on this very website (see "Best Coaster Ever To Grace KI"), and stunningly, only original Beast and Diamondback have gotten more votes than SOB. So I'm pretty sure as long as those people keep visiting KI, SOB will be there. Unless something really bad happens, like a MAJOR accident(deaths!), tornado,forest fire (which would royally suck because that would also destroy Racer, Beast, and even many of the steel coasters :( ) etc.

As for a new section of the park, I doubt it will happen in current conditions unless X-Base becomes its own area with more rides. In fact, I would like to see X-Base become its own area, with futuristic flight themed rides. :lol:

And for parking garage...uhh, no comment. :wacko:

the lifespan for concrete parking lots like KI is suppossed to be about 20 years..half that for asphalt. I recall that the lines were repainted a couple of years ago. I'm not sure when the last major fix for the parking lot was, but my guess is its prob due for a major offseason overhaul in the next couple of seasons.

There is plenty of room for an expansion. The land KI owns is NE of The Racer.

kispace.jpg

Not all of that land is as rugged as some claim, there is a good bit of nice flat land out there in that area.

Developing this area of land will also call for an expansion of track and stations, possibly even to the point that the train will have a station and ticket booth at GWL. Imagine how much easier it would be to get from one side of the park to the other if the train covered the whole park.

Or even just a nice train from GWL to BB and places in between for the water fans who want to get out of GWL and go over to

BB for awhile.

Parking garages I forsee might eventually become a reality at KI, and perhaps even at CP, but I predict it will be awhile for that. Even GWL needs a parking expansion, sometimes you have to wait 30 minutes to find a spot over there, including their overflow lot. I can only hope if KI or CP ever gets parking garages that they take design tips from Baltimore's Airport, and other garages. I love Baltimore's advanced parking system, that has red and green lights above each parking spot, letting you know at a glance from the end of the aisle if there is a spot available on that row, and count display boards that direct you to empty spots in the garage.

But new editions to KI or CP for 2020 or 2022? I don't think so. Especially since the world will end in 2012. :lol:

Radar -who just had to.

• 5 weeks later...

kispace.jpg

Not all of that land is as rugged as some claim, there is a good bit of nice flat land out there in that area.

Developing this area of land will also call for an expansion of track and stations, possibly even to the point that the train will have a station and ticket booth at GWL. Imagine how much easier it would be to get from one side of the park to the other if the train covered the whole park.

Or even just a nice train from GWL to BB and places in between for the water fans who want to get out of GWL and go over to

BB for awhile.

Parking garages I forsee might eventually become a reality at KI, and perhaps even at CP, but I predict it will be awhile for that. Even GWL needs a parking expansion, sometimes you have to wait 30 minutes to find a spot over there, including their overflow lot. I can only hope if KI or CP ever gets parking garages that they take design tips from Baltimore's Airport, and other garages. I love Baltimore's advanced parking system, that has red and green lights above each parking spot, letting you know at a glance from the end of the aisle if there is a spot available on that row, and count display boards that direct you to empty spots in the garage.

But new editions to KI or CP for 2020 or 2022? I don't think so. Especially since the world will end in 2012. :lol:

Radar -who just had to.

You better have been joking about 2012.

kispace.jpg

I could be mistaken, so forgive me if I am, but I read that the state will not let Kings Island build within xx amount of feet to the river because of the nature trail that runs along it.

according to the Myans.(sp?) We all die in 2012. But it is also a thoguht that a new world will be made(hard to explain) look it up on youtube. Kinda like hte end of Dark Ages...

The only things the Mayans have contributed to modern culture are impressive ruins and a dooms day prophecy based on zero evidence. I'm sorry, but every time there's a topic on future park expansion someone has to mention that none of it matters because the world will end in 3 years. Are you saying we might as well give up on life, hopes, and dreams because we're all going to die soon?? Oh no everyone! The Mayans predicted the end and it's coming soon so we better just stop planning for a future that won't come because the Mayans are always right! Might as well quit your jobs and spend your life savings on going to KI as much as possible because there's only 3 seasons left! Does anyone even practice the ancient Mayan religion from which the prophecy came? Do you live your lives in total fear knowing that mass death is rapidly approaching? Does any of this have anything to do with KI in any way whatsoever?!

Just messing around with the overly dramatic rant.. my real point is: it would be nice if just once we could talk about the future without people reminding us of our mortality.

according to the Myans.(sp?) We all die in 2012. But it is also a thoguht that a new world will be made(hard to explain) look it up on youtube. Kinda like hte end of Dark Ages...

... because the Mayans are always right! ...

Actually, the Mayans have been correct about everything they have predicted thus far...

The only things the Mayans have contributed to modern culture are impressive ruins and a dooms day prophecy based on zero evidence. I'm sorry, but every time there's a topic on future park expansion someone has to mention that none of it matters because the world will end in 3 years. Are you saying we might as well give up on life, hopes, and dreams because we're all going to die soon?? Oh no everyone! The Mayans predicted the end and it's coming soon so we better just stop planning for a future that won't come because the Mayans are always right! Might as well quit your jobs and spend your life savings on going to KI as much as possible because there's only 3 seasons left! Does anyone even practice the ancient Mayan religion from which the prophecy came? Do you live your lives in total fear knowing that mass death is rapidly approaching? Does any of this have anything to do with KI in any way whatsoever?!

Just messing around with the overly dramatic rant.. my real point is: it would be nice if just once we could talk about the future without people reminding us of our mortality.

Its cause we are Mortal! :) jk. I just think its a stuipid. Doesn't follow what I believe either. oh just messing with ya! but really we are all mortal.

I think people should goto www.bing.com/maps and click on birds eye view when you get over KI. You can really see the terrain back behind the park for yourself. If Ki was to expand back behind x-base, there would have to be a transportation system. Either a monorail or a cable car type, because the walk from the front of the park to out past SOB would be fairly long.

Cedar Fair is currently in the land selling business, not the land buying business. That probably won't change any time soon...not to mention the exorbitant sums the nearby landowners would try to extract from the park and its parent company.

The thread isn't about next year, it's about the park more than 10 years from now. The economy will definitely be different then.

Um, why wouldn't SOB make it until then? It would only be 22 or 23 years old. The Beast is 30. I definitely see SOB being there in 2022 unless something catostrophic happens or it becomes VERY ubnpopular to where very few people ride it.

^Ha