Ashley's (Ashers) RWW PTR

Ashers

Hey guys! I was going to write my TR like I usually do..very long...very detailed..BUT. I seriously can't even remember half the stuff I did and I only went on Sunday, so I will write a short description of what I can remember and then post about a billion pictures. My brother Kyle and I didn't get to go on Saturday because I had to work all day and then our other brother decided to plan his birthday outing on Saturday night(who does that?!), so being the good sister that I am I decided to skip(cries) Saturday and just go on Sunday. I had to drink a few beers during dinner to forget that I was missing ERT on Diamondback and The Beast birthday bash.

We arrived at KI on Sunday morning at about 8:00am and proceeded to check in, get our free drink wristbands, and our awesome RWW lanyards! Oh, and I guess I need to mention that this was my very first coaster event, so I was so excited. I haven't even been to a KIC event yet. But let me just say, with all of the fun I had on Sunday I am definitely looking forward to next year's RWW and the upcoming KIC events! Anyway, Sunday morning I couldn't believe how empty the park was. It was so peaceful. We decided to head over to ride on Red Racer as our first ride of the day. While in line we saw Phantom Theater, who thought we were getting in his beloved 3-1 seat, and started to yell at us to get in a different row...lol. We weren't even planning on riding in that seat. Sheesh. :) I saw Kat, and introduced myself, but then it was time to ride! While we were sitting there ready to go, keiko_coaster aka Danielle started yelling my name, so we decided to wait for her when we were done riding. Jackson & Justin were with her also. It was nice meeting you guys!

After that the group decided to head over to FoF, where I got not only my first ride of the season, but my first ever lights on ride! That was so cool, but I definitely prefer lights off. Have you seen how crusty and dusty it is in there? LOL! After FoF we headed over to Vortex and rode in the back seat...wee airtime! I think we went on Red Racer again after that a couple of times but I really can't remember. All I know is at 9:30am it was time to head to Diamondback! Did I ever mention that I love, love, LOVE, LOOOOOOVE Diamondback?! Well, I do. :D I think we rode that twice in a row.

After that we all split up and Danielle forced me & Kyle to ride SDATHC. She won by like 1,000 points. I couldn't even break 300. I'm going to stand by the statement that my gun was broken. I can't remember what we did after that, but 11:00am was Racer walkback time! That's the very first time I've ever gotten to do anything like that, and it was so much fun. And they were actually racing! I'm glad I got to do that, not only to get some cool pictures, but because it's one of my favorite coasters!

Sometime after that we ate lunch at Festhaus and Danielle heard that the country show was about to start and she literally was yelling at us to hurry up and finish her food because she couldn't take listening to it. HA! Unfortunately the show DID start while we were eating, and yeah...I've never finished my food so fast before..hahahaha. I took the opportunity to do a nice little jig on my way out the door. People think I'm insane.

We ran into Justin again outside of Festhaus, and I do remember that we rode Drop Tower after that. We rode a few more rides, including The Carousel. OMG. I told them spinny things make me sick but they forced me on it. I hate all of you. I was fine for about 20 seconds and after that I felt like I was going to blow chunks everywhere..lol. I am definitely not going to ride that again for a VERY long time. We went up on the Eiffel Tower after that to take some pics, and Danielle was freaking out because she hates heights. But she had just gotten done riding Drop Tower so I was confused. She literally was standing against the wall with her head in her hands refusing to look. I still don't get it, but it was pretty funny. After that Danielle wanted some candy so as we were looking through the stores trying to find GUMMY WHALES, Justin, Kyle, & Danielle decided to try on some hats....there will be a picture of that in Kyle's trip report, make sure you don't miss it..lol.

By that time it was almost 3:00pm, and Danielle decided to wait for iChase to get there, because he was running late and she had to leave soon, and Justin wanted to wait for Rachel, so Kyle and I headed back to the SOB walkback. It was so peaceful and quiet on the way back there. And like Kat mentioned in her TR, during the whole tour it was DEAD quiet back there. Nobody was really even talking, just staring up in awe at the structure and taking pics. I am one of the few that LOVES SOB, and I coudln't believe how beautiful the entire structure was! I was so glad I got to take pics back there as well.

My camera battery died shortly after the SOB tour, so Kyle had to take the last pictures of the day. I don't remember what we did until 8:00pm when it was time for last rides on Diamondback! We were walking over to the entrance and Don told us we had to stand and form a line near Rivertown Junction, so we started flagging down other RW as they walked by. Finally it was time to go in, and I couldn't wait to get the last ride on Diamondback! Everyone from the GP that was left over in line was staring at all of us with our badges and various coaster/club/KIC shirts on...it was pretty funny. Then everyone in the group started high fiving each other as we were going through the queue. I felt special for just a little bit. Hee.

So we got up to the station and I had to ask for the front seat, because I had never been in the front before, and I figured this was my chance to do it. The ride op let us in front, after we saw some ACErs in front of us beg for the front seat as well. We were all jumping up and down, and everyone was cheering. It was so awesome. I can only imagine how fun Saturday night was, and wish I could have been there. So anyway, front seat? Um, yeah, AMAZING. That first drop you just hang there suspended waiting for the back of the train to push you over, and it felt like we were suspended at the top for 100 years. You don't just get fly straight UP out of our seat airtime, you get straight up and then forward flying out of your seat airtime. Basically just warm and fuzzy airtime goodness. I can't wait to ride in the front again. Actually I really don't care what seat I get on Diamondback when I ride, all of them are amazing. It's Diamondback!

I thought we were only going to get one ride on Diamondback, but they ended up letting us stay on twice. We would have gotten to ride 3 times, but we had to get off the 2nd train because someone wanted front seat and there were no more seats open! The second time we rode UncleHenry introcuded himself, because he saw our shirts but didn't know who we were. It was funny he was like "Um, we'll talk later, I have to turn around now because I'm pretty sure we're going down the hill now!" There was a woman either in front of him or next to him that turned around in her seat the entire time because she was getting a kick out of watching everyone behind her float out of their seats.

So all in all I had a pretty amazing time, and I can't wait to do it again! I wish I had made it on Saturday, but Sunday was a blast. I got to meet a lot of KIC members, rode FoF for the first time lights on, got my very first walkbacks on Racer and SoB, and had a wonderful time in general. Thank you so much KIC and Kings Island for everything. That was my first event and it definitely won't be my last. I had an amazing time! Now, here are my 1 billion pictures. Oh, I thought I said at the beginning that this was going to be a short description...... :blink:

Oh, and before I forget, here is a somewhat maybe possibly accurate list of the things that I think I may have ridden on Sunday. :)

Racer(red)-2

Adventure Express

Drop Tower

Flight Deck

Eiffel Tower

Carousel

FoF

Vortex

SoB

Backlot Stunt Coaster

SDATHC

The Crypt

Diamondback(5 or 6?)

I know I'm forgetting something, but I just realized I never rode The Beast! What's up with that?! Okay seriously here are the pics.

DSC02282.jpg

DSC02283.jpg

Kyle showing off his RWW lanyard!

DSC02284.jpg

Me!

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02286.jpg

DSC02289.jpg

Kyle and I

DSC02291.jpg

An empty Coney Mall

DSC02292.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02295.jpg

DSC02297.jpg

As our brother Brian would say.....NERD ALERT!

DSC02293.jpg

DSC02298.jpg

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02300.jpg

DSC02301.jpg

Danielle and I. I look like I'm in pain. Or just way too excited. Can't tell which. HA!

DSC02303.jpg

Danielle's favorite pose!

DSC02304.jpg

Spllaaaaassshhh!

DSC02305.jpg

Dork! :D

DSC02307.jpg

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02309.jpg

Kyle you did such a great job on those shirts! Even Don liked them!

DSC02310.jpg

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02315.jpg

I don't know if you can see my face in this....but yeah I have no idea what I was trying to accomplish with that....

I will post the rest of the pics when I get home from work in about an hour or so!!

~Ash

Haha. I have a few things to say:

1. 9 AM Nachos are the way to go!

2. Scooby Doo, your gun wasnt broken, i just took all the points

3. You overexaggerate the Eiffel Tower story....

4. Those were some good gummy whales, and that was the ONLY candy i wanted

5. I HAD A REALLY FUN TIME WITH BOTH YOU AND YOUR BROTHER :D

More pics!

DSC02337.jpg

Racer walkback!

DSC02338.jpg

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02340.jpg

DSC02341.jpg

DSC02343.jpg

DSC02344.jpg

DSC02345.jpg

DSC02346.jpg

DSC02347.jpg

DSC02348.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

DSC02350.jpg

DSC02351.jpg

DSC02352.jpg

I warn you guys....I really like to take weird random angle pictures.

DSC02353.jpg

DSC02354.jpg

DSC02355.jpg

DSC02356.jpg

Mid-air Danielle!

DSC02357.jpg

DSC02358.jpg

I really love the angle of this pic.

DSC02359.jpg

DSC02360.jpg

DSC02362.jpg

DSC02363.jpg

DSC02365.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02318.jpg

DSC02320.jpg

DSC02321.jpg

Hey, there's Tom 7,456,327,952!

DSC02322.jpg

DSC02323.jpg

DSC02324.jpg

DSC02327.jpg

DSC02328.jpg

I didn't even mean to take this pic and the next two. I accidentally switched over to a different setting and it snapped 3 consec. pics in b&w.

DSC02329.jpg

DSC02330.jpg

DSC02331.jpg

Flight Commander's old queue

DSC02335.jpg

More to come!!

As always, I love your TR's!! Sorry we had to miss most of last weekend..... Tonight, we looked at the forecast for Sandusky, took a little "family vote", and unanimously decided to delay CP until Sunday. Then we took a second vote, with the result being that we are going to KI tomorrow night! There you have it, democracy in action!!! LOL.

DSC02394.jpg

This was the first time I'd seen Diamondback from the Eifel Tower!

DSC02395.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

Angie, thanks to you I always have to put my arm toward the ground on the helix!

DSC02397.jpg

I love this pic!

DSC02398.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

DSC02401.jpg

Beeeyooooteeeffuuulll!!!

DSC02402.jpg

DSC02403.jpg

DSC02404.jpg

DSC02408.jpg

I love me some Drop Tower!

DSC02413.jpg

ZOMG Did I mention I <3 Diamondback?!?!?!

DSC02387.jpg

That's a long way up!

DSC02390.jpg

She was trying to cover her face so the TERROR wouldn't show but I was too quick!

DSC02392.jpg

DSC02368.jpg

DSC02369.jpg

I love the noise DT makes as it WHOOSSHHEESS to the ground!

DSC02370.jpg

DSC02371.jpg

DSC02372.jpg

DSC02373.jpg

DSC02380.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02385.jpg

The sky was so pretty that day!

DSC02427.jpg

This was a neat perspective on the SoB walkback.

DSC02428.jpg

DSC02429.jpg

DSC02430.jpg

DSC02431.jpg

DSC02432.jpg

DSC02433.jpg

DSC02434.jpg

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02437.jpg

It's just so MASSIVE, you don't even realize it until you walk under it. Breathtaking!

DSC02438.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

DSC02440.jpg

Okay one more post to go, including the rest of the SoB walkback, and Diamondback photos!

Great pictures! I too has a really good time Sunday. I can't wait to meet up with all you guys at the park again! Me and Ashley had an awesome time at our first Coaster Event. It was cool hanging out with everyone, and getting to know them. I am going to post my PTR seperately this time, just to let everyone know! I can't wait until the next time we get to meet up with everyone. :D

DSC02441.jpg

DSC02442.jpg

For some reason I really like this picture.

DSC02444.jpg

DSC02445.jpg

DSC02446.jpg

Love!

DSC02447-1.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics.

DSC02448.jpg

DSC02449.jpg

DSC02450.jpg

DSC02451.jpg

I see you Drop Tower!

DSC02452.jpg

DSC02454.jpg

DSC02455.jpg

DSC02457.jpg

My attempt at being artsy fartsy.

DSC02458.jpg

DSC02460.jpg

I was suffering from some major coaster hair that day..lol.

DSC02461.jpg

Very cool picture if I do say so myself. ;)

DSC02465.jpg

DSC02466.jpg

DSC02467.jpg

DSC02471.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

DSC02478.jpg

Diamondback's is bettah!

DSC02479.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02485.jpg

Well, hello there gorgeous!

DSC02486.jpg

DSC02487.jpg

DSC02489.jpg

DSC02490.jpg

Oops! I guess I forgot that I rode KI&MVRR

DSC02492.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

DSC02494.jpg

DSC02495.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

It almost escaped!

DSC02497.jpg

DSC02498.jpg

DSC02502.jpg

DSC02503.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02507.jpg

It splooshes almost as high as the Eifel Tower! :D

DSC02508.jpg

DSC02509.jpg

DSC02511.jpg

Weeeee!!!!

DSC02513.jpg

Awwww isn't that nostalgic?

Okay, I think that's all of them! Thank you guys for reading! I wanted to ask you guys for some help with picking the photo that I should submit for RWW. I need a non biased third party to give me their opinion!! So, which one do you guys think I should submit?

~Ash

Thank you SonofBeast07 and indianapolisman for the compliments on the shirts! I had a little hand in helping to make those shirts, but it was all Kyle's idea and design. I could definitely never make anything that cool..lol.

Yeah, UnrealSk8r, we saw you too! I saw you at the SoB walkback but you were with your girlfriend so I didn't want to bother you!

Danielle, I had so much fun hanging out with you too. Yes, 9am nachos are awesome. My gun was definitely broken. And, I did NOT overexaggerate the whole Eifel Tower thing. I had two other witnesses! You big pansy! ;) Oh, and it did look like you were eating your hair in that one pic, I said the exact same thing!

Justin, it was very nice meeting you too, you're such a nice guy! Hope your sunburnt head feels better soon! lol! Thanks for backing me up on the whole Eifel Tower incident. She is such a liar. ;)

Oh, and indianapolisman, glad you liked the warm fuzzy airtime goodness...that's exactly what it feels like to me..haha!

Thanks Michael for reading! You're going to CP on Sunday? I am so jealous! I wanna go! :(

~Ash

Thank you SonofBeast07 and indianapolisman for the compliments on the shirts! I had a little hand in helping to make those shirts, but it was all Kyle's idea and design. I could definitely never make anything that cool..lol.

Yeah, UnrealSk8r, we saw you too! I saw you at the SoB walkback but you were with your girlfriend so I didn't want to bother you!

Danielle, I had so much fun hanging out with you too. Yes, 9am nachos are awesome. My gun was definitely broken. And, I did NOT overexaggerate the whole Eifel Tower thing. I had two other witnesses! You big pansy! ;) Oh, and it did look like you were eating your hair in that one pic, I said the exact same thing!

Justin, it was very nice meeting you too, you're such a nice guy! Hope your sunburnt head feels better soon! lol! Thanks for backing me up on the whole Eifel Tower incident. She is such a liar. ;)

Oh, and indianapolisman, glad you liked the warm fuzzy airtime goodness...that's exactly what it feels like to me..haha!

Thanks Michael for reading! You're going to CP on Sunday? I am so jealous! I wanna go! :(

~Ash

You would be more jealous if I told you about our plans for the last week of June/ First week of July..... I hope I'm able to arrange what we would like to do....

While in line we saw Phantom Theater, who thought we were getting in his beloved 3-1 seat, and started to yell at us to get in a different row...lol. We weren't even planning on riding in that seat. Sheesh. :)

You guys were my biggest threat all morning trying to oust me from my seat. Thanks for selecting another row :) .

why didn't you submit those designs for the offical t-shirt contes?

that is totally the most awesome shirt ever! i would soooo buy one of those!!!

haha... going tothe park all day tomorrow....

anyone heading up? hit me up on my cell, 503-0146!!!

you all rock.

Thanks Rachel! I know, when you first walked up to the tables near DB I asked my brother if that was you, but then you guys started heading somewhere else so I never got to say hi! I did notice you had a Wilmington college shirt on though..lol...I used to live near there in New Vienna!

Thanks Kawana, yeah we did have a great time! I'm so glad Danielle got to ride DB as well. Nobody should be denied that beautiful coaster!

Specialk141-my brother didn't submit his design because he didn't think about making a design until it was too late! He's a procrastinator..lol. He made a thread somewhere around here that has the design if you want to make one for yourself! I wish I was going to the park but I have to work! :(

Trevor75-that's the one I was thinking about going with! I love that picture! Yeah I have no clue how I got that angle either..lol. I'm glad you love SoB...and from that other topic about said coaster, I will definitely ask next time I get in your head!

~Ash

okkkkkkk.. so i went on the Eiffel Tower 3 times today and loved it lol.. haha. and then i almost got denied today at DB.. The guy was like, sorry you cant ride. My best friend was like, sit back down, and i told the guy, ive been on this ride 20 times already last weekend. Then he was like, ok then ill get you in, its like WTF!!!! :P

Kyle-I hope your pic does win! Unless, of course, mine does. ;) I just wish I could have been in the hat pic with you guys!

Smurf-thanks for reading! My trip reports could never be as entertaining as yours. I'm sorry my angled pics were making you sick....I don't know why I like to take pics that way! But something interesting always comes out of it.

Danielle-I'm glad you enjoyed Eiffel Tower today! I still don't understand how you had just gotten off of Drop Tower but you couldn't handle that! That is so stupid how they keep turning you away at Diamondback. You should just walk around all day with one of your onride photos on hand to prove to people that you can get on it. I am actually kind of ****ed off that they just look at you and say "No way." Not only is it a blow to your self esteem but it's probably embarrassing to go through that every time you go up there. I would never take a look at you and say you couldn't fit. You just have really REALLY long legs. Anyways...when I finally met you in person I kept asking myself why they keep telling you that you can't fit. Idiots!

~Ash