The NEW Crypt 5/15

Ki Man

I rode it once last year and haven't been on it since. Last year, it was intense but was a lot of fun. I'll ride it again and see how the ride has changed. From what was said, it's not as fun and doesn't flip you as much. I'll check it out next time I get the chance to and will report back.

I'm going to be riding The Crypt tomorrow to see if this is true I mean I rode it the second weekend the park was open and everything was almost identical to last years Crypt. My best friend works on the Crypt so if it has changed I'm going to yell at him .lol

I also rode The Crypt while at the park today and was very disappointed by it. I haven't been on it since it was TRTR but I have to say that I probably won't wait to ride it again unless it changes. I didn't really think it was worth the time which is sad because it used to be one of my favorite flats. Hopefully, they'll do something with it.

I also rode The Crypt while at the park today and was very disappointed by it. I haven't been on it since it was TRTR but I have to say that I probably won't wait to ride it again unless it changes. I didn't really think it was worth the time which is sad because it used to be one of my favorite flats. Hopefully, they'll do something with it.

So did they really remove the door ?

i was there today and rode the crypt. this is true, it is shorter. when i got off the ride i knew it was a different program. there was a guy at the end asking me how my ride was, i told him its way to short and didnt flip as much, he agreed and i walked off. only waited like 2 cycles though, i think i got on right as they opened it for the day.

No way it's gentle now. I have to see this for myself. First it's too intense now it's too genle.

'Tis true my friend. If they continue to rate that as a 5 on the thrill meter, that's garbage. I will not waste my time with that again this season. If you ride, be warned, it will not be the experience you are expecting, or remember, or will want to experience again.

So did they really remove the door ?

Yes, the door that would come down from the ceiling as you enter the ride room is gone and in it's place are two gates.

I'm glad I got the good rides on it while I could then. I've been on it 3 times this season, and once back when it was Tomb Raider.. that's it.

The last ride I got on it was far more intense than any of that I remember, it had me pinned in my seat upside down and people were screaming bloody murder. I won't mention names but it actually scared 2 people in my group. That's how I want to remember the ride.. so I doubt I will ride it anymore.

If anyone wants to ride a giant Huss that has yet to have an epic breakdown fail, go ride maXair at Cedar Point.. trust me on that.

Posting here may be nice, but if you want any prospect of Crypt changing to something remotely like what it was...go to Guest Relations, tell them what you think. Get your friends to do it, too. And when you hear other guests complaining, tell them to, too. Talking to ride ops accomplishes exactly nothing. The park listens to guests who make the effort to leave comments at Guest Relations.

Also, ride operators cannot get the program changed, no matter how much they want to. Those decisions are made far above that level, for reasons that may or may not be discernible by most guests.

Well, you must admit, there are no trim brakes...

The quote that caught my attention was "It's tearing itself apart." We've all known this for quite a while, but when you tone a ride down to the point that even the general public is complaining about how mild it is, simply because you need to prevent itself from falling apart, then you may have quite a problem.

Oh, no. That sounds like a trim brake to me!! :wacko:

The Crypt has sure had it's share of issues lately. It would not surprise me in the least to see it removed sometime soon. At least become SBNO.

I didn't like the ride when it was TRTR mainly because of the part where you were left with your stomach pressed against the restraints facing the floor for several seconds.

I did like it when I rode it last Saturday at RWCW. Yes, the lack of a theme was lame, but I enjoyed the overall program of the ride.

Based on what's been said here, I will likely be skipping The Crypt on all future KI trips.

The only time we rode the Crypt was the May 10th. We came off saying that we don't need to do that again. While the flipping was thrilling, it was boring and repetitive. So much more could have been done with this ride to enhance the effect. Think in the line of projecting something on the wall in front of the ride. With less flipping this will definitely fit into the "to be skipped" list.

During the 2002-2003 seasons I was a maint. tech and the Crypt was one of the rides I used to inspect. The ride really lost its point once the took out the theming. I always wanted a nice compact coaster in there, it would be nice to have a Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH / Euro-Fighter like the one at Dollywood. They can keep the same name and q-line, top spins are just not fun inside.

After reading this last night I had a dream that I was working maint. on it again and that they didn't use the braking until they homed it for load and unloading. When I get the chance to go this summer I'm going to ride it just to see just how it operates now.

Please please please tell me you're joking. Please, please please. I'm sick of this stuff. Ugh.

No jokes. Whatever intensity the Crypt had before is now long gone. I know many will have to see for themselves, but the ride will not impress.

I was waiting all day yesterday to get home from the park,

I rode the crypt, and I must say we finally have a ferris wheel.

It's pretty bad when not one person liked the ride.

And they need to change the sign to like a 2 or 3, and transport it to kiddie land.

It was that bad.

Some kid on viking fury actually yelled "This is better than the crypt" while in cycle and everyone started laughing.

Oh and Drop Zone Broke Down Yesterday, something I haven't seen in a long time!

Kings Dominion's looks awesome. Fire, water, on board audio that goes with the ride...and the crowd loves it as much as the riders!

That looks pretty awesome! I'd rather have a top spin like this outside than what the Crypt is now... it'd be sweet to put this over in Coney Mall where the open area is.

Read carefully...the comment was about the one at Kings Dominion...

Terpy, I absolutely love your comments.

But yea I haven't rode the Crypt yet this year...I wasn't a big TRTR fan...I'm not a fan of hanging upside down for a period of time. But I'll check out the Crypt when I head back there.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I was really excited! That was until I read that they changed it in the wrong direction! I really do hope they make it more thrilling after all of these bad comments on it! I might be able to take a calmer ride program if it included so theming, but having a basically non-exsistant theme and a boring ride program just doesn't make this ride worth riding!