The Kings Island Story

Return_of_Yogi

I had the craziest Idea.......................

Paramount Story = poo

Kings Island Story = tongue.gifsmile.gifrolleyes.gifbiggrin.gifcool.gif

I mean come on , this shouldve been obvious! take an old KC Car, a PT car, recreate Screamin Demon stuff and KKBC stuff, put a bunch of old EV and Smurfs props, PT stuff, anything that is part of the parks heritage, and then each year ass more to it by adding the new rides and attractions............what do you think?

• Like 1

The Kings Island Story would be a great idea.......if we were still experiencing the record economic growth that lasted until mid-2000. Face it folks we are in a very bad recession. Would it be financially prudent for PKI to dismantle The Paramount Story and build an outdoor PKI museum with old parts? How many more people would visit the park to see a museum? I don't think the increased revenues would impact the park enough to justify the expenditures. The capital investment would be more wisely invested in a thrill ride or mega-popular family attraction that will attract a large demographic segment into the park to increase ticket, food, and merchandise revenues.

ItalianChef

PS - If any of you doubt my knowledge of economic because I am a chef who earns his living in a kitchen...I just happened to have an MBA.

• 9 years later...

Wow, we thought it was a recession back in 2003, eh? We had no idea what would happen in 5 years when the housing market failed, did we...

As for what the topic states, I love the idea. I had a similar one without even looking at this, but it involved a museum instead of the Former Paramount Story/Tower Gardens area...

I see that a lot of parents take small children into the Story area for a rest. Sometimes little kids just get tired. I'll get a coffee and funnel cake and sit there for a break. I wish the water worked, but it doesn't. I like that area, it's a small respite away from everything, smack in the middle of the park.

• Like 3

The museum idea is great. Silver Springs in Ocala, FL. has an indoor facility showing off their parks history, which even features tv's replaying events, tv shows that were filmed there, plaques showing off their history, etc. But here are a few other ideas. This would be an ideal spot to build a new skylift station that carries guests to the waterpark. A maze or a labyrinth could be constructed there, but it would need to be something that could be easily changed day to day or week by week to avoid boredom with passholders. Another idea is a walkthrough storybook, perhaps making use of the peanuts characters. The book could have different outcomes, say if you want for A. to happen walk left and if you want for B. to happen, turn right. I don't know. Like I said, just some ideas.

Story Area? COFFEE AND FUNNEL CAKE?!? I have never heard of it. Is it called something else now?

Okay, I feel like this is a part of the park I have never really noticed. I have no clue of what this Paramount story is. Please inform me?

The Paramount Story/"Story Area" is now called Tower Gardens. If you drew a triangle with Viking Fury, the Eiffel Tower, and Grand Carousel at the points, Tower Gardens would pretty much be inside that triangle. It's a forested path area with several benches, lamps and fences throughout. There's even a waterfall, though I don't think I've ever seen water fall from it. It's really there to create atmosphere and serve as a relaxing area, but it's gone somewhat uncared for (in terms of preserving the rockwork facades, etc.) for several years now. Cedar Fair decided to make it a designated smoking area a season or two ago.

For the rest of this season, it's where CornStalkers will be located, and thus access to the area will only be during Haunt, save for what you may be able to see from the entrance and exit.

I like DaveWorldEmporer's idea. With the water running, the trees, and the pathways, it would be better to have a restuarant there. It's actually really pretty. It's large enough.

It's close enough to the Funnel Cake shop on International that I sometimes grab a cake, some coffee, and take a break, so I guess it's my resturarant already.

It's too large to be used for what it's being used for now, and a waste.

I accidently called it Story Area because the Paramount Story used to be there.

• Like 1

One of the problems with having a restaurant in an amusement park or any where for that matter, is the table turn over rate. How many people do they sit down at the table, order their food, eat it, drink their coffee and then leave eace hour? A restaurant makes their money by how many people they can push through and out each hour. This is why the waiter staff hate it when people linger after they have their meals. They make their tips on a new set of diners and not people that linger, which is how the restaurants make their profit. That is most likely why the International Restaurant closed. It would have a chance of turning a profit if it was a fast food sit down restaurant like Frisch's rather than a Golden Lamb type.

That is not why International Restaurant closed. In fact, company executives said at the time that it was highly profitable. There were other reasons that venue was closed. Those reasons continue today. They had nothing to do with profitability or table turn.

If table turn is such a big issue for theme park restaurants, and it is not, please explain how it only affects Kings Island, and not the Disney parks, Universal, Busch Gardens, Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm, and literally dozens of others.

Terp, somewhat of an expert in this field, and who depends on that expertise daily in his career.

• Like 2

Just like Terp said, but I may add Mythos at Universal. Went there (on people's advice) and it was great food, great service, great time, and not too expensive. The restaurant had plenty of table turn overs. Heck there was even an hour wait for lunch (at 2 pm). If I had not gotten reservations I would have had to wait. Imagine the families that would sit down and enjoy a lunch break in a shady beautiful location, while taking a break from running around the park...