Math & Science WEEK at Cedar Point

Now underway:

SANDUSKY, Ohio, May 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Moon rocks, Microgravity Man and even a visit from the Wright Brothers will highlight the all-new Math and Science Week at Cedar Point amusement park/resort in Sandusky, Ohio.

Schools from Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Pennsylvania are expected to attend this exciting five-day event taking place Monday through Friday, May 18-22. Students and teachers will find a variety of educational programs and activities appropriate for middle and high school students.Participating in the event will be NASA's Glenn Research Center, Cleveland; COSI (Center of Science and Industry) of Columbus, Ohio; and the Detroit Science Center....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Class-is-Now...70669.html?.v=1

^ it didn't. Imagine a Math & Science or Music in the Parks Saturday at KI and multiply it by 2. That will give you the crowds for today. It was ridiculous until the mass exodus at 6. Magnum had been running an hour wait, we waited 15 minutes at 6:10. We're in line for Dragster now and it's about a 40 minute wait, was 2.5 hours earlier. Millie and Raptor were both 2 hours. Even Mean Streak was an hour.

Posted from the backless BlackBerry mobile device in the Top Thrill Dragster queue.

^^ were you with phantom theatre? if so i think i saw you guys during ERT. i was just going off pics i have seen here.

Indeed I was! We only hit Maverick together during ERT. I grabbed him on the main midway as we were heading for Raptor but decided to hoof it for Maverick instead to beat the crowds and it's a good thing too or I wouldn't have gotten a Maverick ride that I actually enjoyed, unlike my first experience on it last year. We were then together for the rest of the day.

So if anyone saw a chick with a grey coaster freak hoodie and orange sunglasses, a guy with long hair and a Canada's Wonderland hat, and a guy with a green plaid shirt and a camo hat (my husband), that was us!

^^ now that i know that is you I will have to say hi next time. I think I saw pahntom waiting at the main gate as well, me in my wife were let in before the park open (due to pass not scanning) and had to stand there with another couple until the national anthem...recieving mass amounts of stink eye from a few people outside the gate.

me and my wife decided to wait out the downtime for MF during ERT, ended up getting the very backseat on the first train of the day. but while in line, we saw a lady walk up, see it was down..rip off her jacket, throw it on the ground, stomp..then preceed to say how she could "kill somebody right now" all while a defeated looking young man was walking behind her (he picked up her jacket also) The lady appeared to me to be late 30's - early forties-ish, so old enough to not act like a child. she was also wearing a diamondack first rider shirt. I hoped we didn't share the same home park, but i am sure we do. Funny to watch though.

OMG, so i'm totally new on this site, and this response is a little late, BUT...... I was totally at Cedar Point the day that crazy lady threw a tantrum. Word of mouth is that that wasn't the only one. Someone saw her AT Park Opps throwing a hissy, and another one by twister.... so i'm surprised yours was the only post on here.... Does anyone know if there's a video of it on youtube? I need a good laugh!