Gold About to Go Away...Prices May Rise...

The Interpreter

From the park's newsletter:

You have less than a week to purchase your Kings Island Season Pass at the lowest prices of the season. Get your Gold pass before this deal does away, Sunday, May 24th...

Note the regular Kings Island season pass does NOT include parking...at least at the moment. The gold does. If you have been considering buying a Kings Island season pass, time's a wasting! Do it now!

Pkiruler102, your dad is getting gold Sunday? It depends. The park's website says it goes away on midnight on Sunday:

http://visitkingsisland.com/shop/shopping_season_pass.cfm

Is midnight Sunday the last second of Sunday or the first second of Sunday? I suspect the park thinks it is the end of the day...but that's not necessarily universally understood:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/421521

Some say it is the beginning and end of the day! This is very confusing. The park really needs to clarify this! From a PR standpoint, I am sure they mean you can get the deal all day Sunday...I think.

it is coming back though towards end of year for renewal right :unsure:

Too early to know, but I'd suspect so...

Pkiruler102, your dad is getting gold Sunday? It depends. The park's website says it goes away on midnight on Sunday:

http://visitkingsisland.com/shop/shopping_season_pass.cfm

Is midnight Sunday the last second of Sunday or the first second of Sunday? I suspect the park thinks it is the end of the day...but that's not necessarily universally understood:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/421521

Some say it is the beginning and end of the day! This is very confusing. The park really needs to clarify this! From a PR standpoint, I am sure they mean you can get the deal all day Sunday...I think.

Dude... over analyzing. :lol:

Also, if I am not mistaken, only Gold Pass holders get early ride times... I assume this will hold true all season.

Dude... over analyzing. :lol:

Also, if I am not mistaken, only Gold Pass holders get early ride times... I assume this will hold true all season.

a. When a park spells out terms and conditions, it expects to enforce them exactly. The public has the right to expect precision, not sloppiness...

b. Not just gold passholders get early ride time. So do Platinum. And the park has several times ONLY said gold when it meant gold and platinum. I am reliably told that this was corrected by one of the speakers at the RWCW event, and the park apologized for the confusion.

Gold About to Go Away...Prices May Rise...

Wait a tic! Who is taking the gold? Where are they taking it? And how could you charge a price on gold when it's nowhere to be found??? Oh the humanity!

-Danny Boy

...who just had to!

I really do not understand why the gold pass is a limited time offer and goes away so early. It seems like yanking that deal is a great way to turn people away from the park.. the gold pass is a much better deal than the basic season pass (where you have to pay extra for a parking pass) and makes more sense than a platinum pass for people who don't go to any Cedar Fair park other than Kings Island.

It's called making money. Once high season starts (aka daily operation), your best deals should no longer be available...as there are more nickels to be made by charging for parking or making people upgrade all the way to platinum. Marketing study after marketing study has been done on this. It's the same reason movies generally cost more at night than during matinees, or that lunch costs less in most restaurants than dinner does...