Carowinds and KD?

pkimike

As many know there are several rumors going around of upcoming coaster projects at Carowinds and KD. I have a couple of questions regarding this:

1. I have heard there is a height restriction at Carowinds. Has anyone else heard this? This could really hinder the kind of coaster they get.

2. I have heard there is a B+M compete clause at KD. I heard the comment that CF slid Dominator in under AB nose. Is this true?

Nobody has mentioned these two things in a while.

Thanks

The restriction is a rumor at KD. They only have Diving Machines restricted, and that's for everyone in the US. If it was real, Dominator would not have counted as it is relocated. The major rumor for KD is an Intamin Hyper coaster, but at this point we know we are getting a coaster. It has been seen in a government building permit online (link below). No sign of construction yet, but there is a large area of cleared out land behind the Anaconda.

Government Building Permit: https://www.hanovercountyvirginia.org/Click...09/P0041850.DOC

As for Carowinds, a government site was also found that mentioned future building plans for the county Carowinds was in, and it did mention a coaster. I remember looking at it, but at this time I do not know where it is.

If it was real, Dominator would not have counted as it is relocated.

That is why I said "slid it under their nose."

I had also heard the Intamin Hyper coaster rumor for KD which if it does happen might confirm a B+M compete clause.

Thanks for your info.

I'll probably be back at KD tomorrow (took a coaster break today to catch up on lost sleep) so I'll try to go up the Eiffel Tower and grab some photos of that area.

You wouldn't be able to see much of anything from ET so your best bet would be to try looking from the FOF midway.

^ It seems as though most of the discussion there seems to be valid. The supports do resemble those of the newer 'smaller' Intamin coasters. The best coaster for them, assuming it's an Intamin, IMO, would be a mega-lite. It would be the only one in the US, would give them a non-inverting airtime machine which would appeal to a wider array of people, and would cost less than your standard Intamin or B&M hyper. The only problem I would see with this would be capacity, but again, having a mega-lite in the US would be outstanding.