Best Roller Coaster to ever grace KI

McSalsa

OK, a very obvious poll that has yet to made- which of KI's coasters do you think was/is the best? This includes former rides such as The Bat, King Cobra, etc. too. Roller Coasters only, no flatrides like Delirium or Drop Tower, etc. are included.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops! The P was a typo, sorry. The poll SHOULD have read "...to grace KI." My bad. Although this does include rides added during the PKI years...

Lol, I figured as much. Just messin' with ya :P

But still, the best coaster to grace (P)KI would have to be The Beast.

The Beast. Without a doubt. Can you say tallest, fastest, longest coaster at the time, and longest wooden still to this day? And still 30 years later, still going strong! The Beast is without question, the most innovative coaster at Kings Island, and set a new benchmark in roller coaster history.

The Beast. Without a doubt. Can you say tallest, fastest, longest coaster at the time, and longest wooden still to this day? And still 30 years later, still going strong! The Beast is without question, the most innovative coaster at Kings Island, and set a new benchmark in roller coaster history.

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

...wow, Fairly Odd Coaster gets a vote! I know it's a good family coaster, but it got votes before popular rides like Flight of Fear and Vortex... :blink:

I wonder if after a month, will there be any rides without votes...

I voted for The Beast. Even 30 years after it was built, it still is the longest wooden coaster in the world, and is my favorite when it comes to night rides.

I was going to vote for Little Bill's Giggle Coaster. Man, that 8 foot drop scares the living daylights out of me!

Huh. 1 hour in, and I can already tell what ride is going to win (unless a ton of ride-x fans other than Beast show up)- The Beast. But, I am a little shocked that some rides that usually have really long lines, like Flight of Fear, have 0 votes...and yet Fairly Odd Coaster has a vote!

I voted for The Beast, of course. Riding it for the first few years was quite an experience. I remember being in awe as a 10 year old at the thought of riding the world's largest coaster!!! And remember that it broke records held, at the time by Gemini. Every time I go to CP and ride Gemini, which I find to be a fun little ride, I am still amazed at how high The Beast "raised the bar". And the fact that KI had people working for them who were capable of desingning and building it without modern computers or high priced engineering firms, is simply miraculous!!!!

I felt guilty doing it, but I didn't vote for The Beast. Maybe I'm too influenced by the newness of Diamondback, but given a choice to ride just one ride at KI ... that was how I made my decision. This doesn't take anything away from the awesomeness of The Beast, it just speaks to how cool DB is in my mind.