Pics and video

DegenRider

Here's a weird question, but do any of you know wether or not it is illegal to take pictures of Tomb Raider while riding? I didn't see any sign or anything, so I decided to be the first person ever to have a picture of the ice and skeletons on Tomb Raider! its cool looking! But, I am afraid to post it, I am afraid that I will get in trouble.

Here's a weird question, but do any of you know wether or not it is illegal to take pictures of Tomb Raider while riding? I didn't see any sign or anything, so I decided to be the first person ever to have a picture of the ice and skeletons on Tomb Raider! its cool looking! But, I am afraid to post it, I am afraid that I will get in trouble.

Though I am not a barrister, I can almost guarantee you that it is NOT illegal to take pictures of TR:TR or any other attraction at PKI. I know this from my limited law education (I dropped out because I didn't like it) and study of copyright law.

However..........I do not know whether or not it is against "the rules of PKI". For that you would need to consult with a park official. As a institution, PKI has the legal right to mandate its own rules and expel guests without refund for any infraction of those rules.

I will tell you my best educated guess.......and I'd say this it is AGAINST the rules to take pictures while on TR:TR because The Beast lists that it is against the rules to take pictures while riding it. I reckon the logic applies to all other rides. Also, I can imagine one person accidentally dropping a camera during such a ride and the camera falling and causing damage to the ride - which would cost money to repair. Or worse - the camera may fall and injure a guest - and tort law ain't pretty. In addition to compensation for medical and legal expenses......people also sue for punitive damages.....and those are ugly.

So, in conclusion, I say it's best not to take pictures while riding TR:TR. But if you want the facts.....consult a park representative. After all, I'm a chef, not a lawyer.

Sincerely,

ItalianChef - The hardest working chef this side of the Mississippi

In answer to the legality of taking pictures. I think I have the diffinative answer. PKI says that taking pictures on a ride is not a safe practice. Therefore, the rule falls under the following:

Ohio Revised Code Section 1711.551

This Code requires all guests to follow safe conduct rules that involve the rides.

Any guest in violation of posted safety rules and regulations is guilty of a minor misdemeanor on the first offense and a misdemeanor of the fourth degree for any subsequent violation.

This law is posted on every Fun and Safety guideline for every ride in the park. This means that if a park employee tells you not to take pictures, which is for safety reasons, you are guilty of a misdemeanor. This law would apply to any amusement ride in the state of Ohio.

Edited by TowerGuy

Yes well if you are ever on Son of Beast and we find that you are taking pictures we will basically try to inform you that you are not allowed and if you still don't listen someone will be up to help you get rid of it. It really makes me mad if some one actually tries to take photos!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is illegal, "The taking of pictures while riding is strictly prohibited" and according to ORC 1711.551, whcih states that all guest must follow all verbal and posted rules on attractions, it is a misdeameanor. Also on TR:TR the taking of pictures while in the ride chamber is also prohibited, even if the ride is stopped and your just walkign on the gondola.

Well, in my defense,:

1.I know for a fact that it is not posted anywhere on the ride or saftey places. I know because I thoroughly checked every sign before entering the ride.

2. I know everyone there saw me taking them becuase they have night vision cameras on that thing.

3.If somebody would have told me about it at the end, then I wouldn't have taken anymore that day. which only told me that the park could really care less about the matter.

I had a mission, that was to get the one picture that no-one else has ever posted, and I did. But, it really needs to be posted somewhere on the ride, because its not. If its really that big of a deal, then you guys should act like it is. Because I see people take pictures while on rides all the time! They never get caught, and I see it on a daily basis when I visit. In fact, my friend rode The Beast and took half a roll of pictures and no one thought anything of it!

The rules of taking pictures on rides is park wide on all rides. Just because it isn't listed on each ride does not mean it is exempt.

If you happen to take a picture on a ride and no one says anything then lucky you. This does not mean that the park does not care. The cameras pose a safety risk if you were to drop them, and since safety is the #1 priority it is against the rules to have them on rides. Now, the park cares, and cares alot, its the employees that are working that ignore it because they don't want to confront people about it or just are goofing around and not paying attention in the first place.

I personally have witnessed The Racer stoping on the lift last year because a ride op saw a guest pull out a camera. They made him put it away then restarted the ride. Now if only every ride op was that attentive and really cared about YOUR safety.

No offense to anyone, but I second what Beastfreak said. If only the OP'S truly cared about your safety....

But, park wide or not, its not posted and (hypothetically speaking) if someone got hurt on Tomb Raider and wanted to press charges, then they would easily win because its not posted on the ride itself. Yes, people would actually resort to this to get cash. And if the damage was severe, then the park would be in big trouble legally and federally. I am saying this in defense of the park, and that if its really against the law, then it needs to be posted and ride OP's need to be more aware of it. Because it could resort in some messy results.

1. I have seen them stop SoB to take a camera away from a woman when she started filming it.

2. Most of us have seen the skeletons, so why need a pic?

3. I have had to ask people to put their cameras away on FoF. Almost every park has the same rule, no pictures during the ride. IoA and CP both have them, and I don't see the reason why you would want a pic! If you want to show off that you rode it, BUY THE ORP!

I noticed when i went to the park the Fred FlintStone Statue under the Flintstone Bumpers was gone where did it go? is this a sign of Nick taking over? i also noticed the Mystery Machine was gone by The Beastie...its a wonder why Kings Island left it there for so long after The Beastie it took over..after all it was called Scooby-Doo Coaster..i wished they would have put it near the castle...but hey nice pictures! unsure.gif

On the Fun & Safety Guide at the entrance of EVERY ride, including Tomb Raider, it says " The taking of pictures while riding is prohibited." Don't give me that "if the ops truly cared about your safety" crap. Ride ops can't see everything nor can we prevent everything. On top of that, not every ride has cameras to watch the riders. Anyone operating a thrill ride at PKI has went through training and has met the qualifications to operate the ride. Now I'm not going to go into personal examples but if the supervisor doesn't feel the trainee is ready to operate the ride then they don't, simple as that. Not just any Joe Shmoe can operate a thrill ride at PKI, trust me. I'm not going to mention specific companies but I have cringed at some of the things I have witnessed at other non-Paramount parks. From observation, Paramount Parks is the safest chain in the market.

Edited by AZ Kinda Guy

Oh YES! I am telling you this so called "crap". There is no excuse to have a ride OP thats isn't truely concerned about your safety. That bit is not true. The other part is wrong too, there is no sign on Tomb Raider, and no one announces it inside of the ride. The fact is that IT IS NOT POSTED OR MENTIONED ANYWHERE ON THE ATTRACTION, this could make the park liable for anything that happens to a guest concerning a camera.

Just some food for thought: I have some friends who are planing on duct-taping video camera's to their hands and filming Tomb Raider. The camera's will not fall off or barely move for that matter, but some people still view it as a hazard. I think the whole issue is a bit silly, but I also believe that if the park is really going to enforce it, then they need to make sure it is known throughout the ride and that ride OP's keep a vigilant eye for those trying to take pic's. Ad for those of you who are constantly catching people who try and take pictures, then tell your friends at Tomb Raider that they need to be mindful of it, becuase it happens all the time.