Pics and video

DegenRider

Oh YES! I am telling you this so called "crap". There is no excuse to have a ride OP thats isn't truely concerned about your safety. That bit is not true. The other part is wrong too, there is no sign on Tomb Raider, and no one announces it inside of the ride. The fact is that IT IS NOT POSTED OR MENTIONED ANYWHERE ON THE ATTRACTION, this could make the park liable for anything that happens to a guest concerning a camera.

Just some food for thought: I have some friends who are planing on duct-taping video camera's to their hands and filming Tomb Raider. The camera's will not fall off or barely move for that matter, but some people still view it as a hazard. I think the whole issue is a bit silly, but I also believe that if the park is really going to enforce it, then they need to make sure it is known throughout the ride and that ride OP's keep a vigilant eye for those trying to take pic's. Ad for those of you who are constantly catching people who try and take pictures, then tell your friends at Tomb Raider that they need to be mindful of it, becuase it happens all the time.

INraider i thought we were through with this. its posted on the fun and saftey guidlines outside the entrance. If you and your friends want to film Tomb Raider while riding let me know, that way I can have security waiting for you at the exit.

hmmm, if my memory serves me right, this is what we say in pre-show:

"We strongly recommend that you store all loose articles, such as hats, galsses, keys, wallets, cell phones, CAMERAS, backless shoes and sandals into these pouches"

No announecment, huh?

It is on the Fun & Safety Guide in front of the line. Get your eyes checked. Anyone who is operating a thrill ride at PKI does so in a SAFE and efficient manner. Just because people hide cameras in their pockets and other WEIRD places doesn't mean the ops aren't paying attention.

Ride Ops at PKI are required to KNOW that fun and safety guideline like the back of our hands. trust me, it IS posted on that guideline that the taking of pictures while riding the attraction is strictly prohibited!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!! maybe you need to look at the guideline a little bit closer because its right there in front of your face!! bottom line is, if you come and ride face/off or congo and i see u with a camera, its going to the side, no exceptions because THATS THE RULE! thank you.

Yes well its a dead issue to me, you all are obviously not going to be able to continue this coversation in a peaceful discussion, here's a prime example: "INraider i thought we were through with this. its posted on the fun and saftey guidlines outside the entrance. If you and your friends want to film Tomb Raider while riding let me know, that way I can have security waiting for you at the exit."- captain picard

So, I will leave it as I know what I saw, it is definetly posted on other rides but not on Tomb Raider, I knew when I did it that there were some risks involved, but I deemed it worthy. Now if you will excuse me, I suggest that this topic be closed, because like so many other topics where we just simply can't disagree and correct each other, we have to be ugly and bash people to get our point across.

Edited by Inraider

Yes well its a dead issue to me, you all are obviously not going to be able to continue this coversation in a peaceful discussion, here's a prime example: "INraider i thought we were through with this. its posted on the fun and saftey guidlines outside the entrance. If you and your friends want to film Tomb Raider while riding let me know, that way I can have security waiting for you at the exit."- captain picard

So, I will leave it as I know what I saw, it is definetly posted on other rides but not on Tomb Raider, I knew when I did it that there were some risks involved, but I deemed it worthy. Now if you will excuse me, I suggest that this topic be closed, because like so many other topics where we just simply can't disagree and correct each other, we have to be ugly and bash people to get our point across.

Even if the fun and safety sign by Tomb Raider doesn't prohibit picture--taking (I'm pretty sure it does though), the sign two inches above it clearly states no carry on items are permitted.

The funny part in this INraider is that you are the one who wont let the topic drop when we tell you these things. Then you take it as bashing, and it turns ugly. Next time, recheck and reread the signs (if you read them in the first place) then get back to us.

No thank you, read the signs till I am blue in the face thank you (I get bored in long lines). Like I said, this is a dead topic to me, if you have something that you would like to discuss with me then please PM me or send me an e-mail. You guys did get apprehensive and ugly and did start bashing, so I simply said "thats the end of that conversation!" By the way, what I meant with the whole court and prosecution thing is mentioned above. They may be listed, but they have very little effect in court .

Edited by Inraider

how does starcoasters.com get there on ride videos if its strictly prohibited

Not all parks prohibit picture taking on rides, and maybe they ave written persmissionf from the others. Also there are some parks (not mentioning names) where you cant even film rides from the midway. In fact someone made a movie about coasters, and for this park they had "unautherized footage for all of it including a picture of a picture haning on a wall in one of the park resturants.