What color would you paint Flight Deck?

McSalsa

I rode Flight Deck a few days ago, and upon searching through some stuff here, it seems many think Flight Deck needs painted. I agree. But what color?

I think black would look good...but after seeing some pictures of it when it was red, it looked great back then.

Or should it stay Silver?

So many choices... :blink:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The subtitle here was and is: It Needs Painted Bad.

I hope not.

Chang got painted bad. Not once but several times. Bad paintjobs resulting in large chunks of yellow paint falling off the ride. Some of which were collected by Pat Koch in a bag and taken back to her park for souvenirs, but that's another story for another day and time.

The subtitle here was and is: It Needs Painted Bad.

I hope not.

Chang got painted bad. Not once but several times. Bad paintjobs resulting in large chunks of yellow paint falling off the ride. Some of which were collected by Pat Koch in a bag and taken back to her park for souvenirs, but that's another story for another day and time.

:lol: Oh, sorry. I meant it needs re-painted and fixed up badly, and could get a new color. The thing has rust all over it. But I get the joke. And yes, let's not "Paint It Bad" like Chang! I'll fix the title...

If you mean the fact some supports are different colors than others, that's by design. As far as I know, the entire coaster is as painted as it will ever be.

That means bare metal in between pieces of track? Which you really don't notice until on the ride.

2b93df94.jpg

These are two small spots. Some are worse, and I believe the touch ups will be done if not already.

But I was a little surprised to see it still not done after opening day.

"the interpreter",

I see no blue in that picture. The original color of the Gun supports was always a deep slate gray. If we were judging by that picture alone, I could potentially argue that some of the supports gradiate from a dark gray to light gray bottom to top respectively.

... just throwing that out there

I voted for Black. I think it would look pretty sweet to be really dark, hiding back in the woods by itself.

It's like the disfigured sibling in horror movies that gets locked in the closet...

i think they should paint it camo color so it can blend in with its suroundings since not very many people ride it except for the ones who know its there.

or make it stick out like a sore thumb and paint the columns flourescent pink, the track neon green, and the cars a two tone between electric blue and saftey orange.

If you mean the fact some supports are different colors than others, that's by design. As far as I know, the entire coaster is as painted as it will ever be.

That means bare metal in between pieces of track? Which you really don't notice until on the ride.

2b93df94.jpg

These are two small spots. Some are worse, and I believe the touch ups will be done if not already.

But I was a little surprised to see it still not done after opening day.

Thats from the trains going over the track, I think. :unsure: