Grad Night

CoasterKrazy

Grad Night, which is listed on the Paramount's Kings Island web site under "Calendar of Events" is on May 9, 2003 from 5 PM to midnight. However, this date isn't listed on the parks operating calendar on the web site or in the current park map. Is this day limited to ONLY grads, and if so, how does a grad get a ticket?

Grad Night, which is listed on the Paramount's Kings Island web site under "Calendar of Events" is on May 9, 2003 from 5 PM to midnight. However, this date isn't listed on the parks operating calendar on the web site or in the current park map. Is this day limited to ONLY grads, and if so, how does a grad get a ticket?

YUP...only grads get in...its closed to the public i went last year with my friends...just ask for a ticket for grad night...at the ticket booth~

you get tickets at your school or at the park ''you MIGHT have to show some id or school id when you buy em at the park...i didnt have to show anything last year when i went prob cuz i got mine from my school!but yeah last year the park was CLOSED to the public.

Edited by Dino2003

Don't be surprised if there are rides that are closed that night. I believe that all of HB will be closed. That date is not even listed on my work schedule as a day that our crew will be working. Hopefully someone can back me up, but I doubt that Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle will be open that night.

Oh yes, Grad Night at PKI!!! Fun, fun, and more fun! I have worked at PKI for three years now and I have worked two Grad Nights. So, I will clarify some things for you.

-You can get tickets through your high school or buy them the day of. Tickets are like $32 the day of. Yes, season pass holders must pay too! Do they check for a school ID??? To be honest, I am not sure. I heard you do have to have one.

-HB is closed on Grad Night!! That will more than likely include SDATHC!!

-Yes, radio stations do give out some tickets for it as they have for the past years. HOWEVER, its no big deal.

-The past two years, Grad Night was moderately busy. Last year, the waits were ok. They weren't bad.

-IF YOU DO GO, expect Security to be the tighest ever!!! PKI has had a lot of problems in previous years and they are very strict now. In fact, last year they would not open any Q-lines for any rides. They did this to keep people from being bunched up together. Thus, avoiding fights! So, basically the lines would back up on mid-ways horribly but it works.

Grad Night is a lot of fun!!! If you are a senior, I suggest you go! I am a senior and will be in attendance as a guest this year.

PKI_Rulz is right about security, it will be pretty tight at Grad Night. What helps this year is the metal detectors, we used to do that under the front gate after the guests had entered the park. Hopefully having the metal dectors will cut down on some problems, but if everyone behaves themselves we can all have an enjoyable evening!

If you listen to the commercials for Grad Night it says that it's for grads and their guests. I will have to double check if you have to have a valid school ID to get a ticket or not at the door. Employees don't have to have a ticket, they can get in through Post 3 (Grad or no Grad).

GRAD night is awesome. I worked it my sophmore year and I attended four years (9, 11, 12, 1st yr. college). It's tons of fun, if you from around the area, you see lots of people from your school and there's usually a lot of school spirit with people wearing their senior shirts. My favorite has always been the party in the Festhaus. They have a live DJ and it's like a big night club. Security is usually pretty tight. I've had two friends get arrested by undercovers in the parking lot for having Marijuanna...two seperate years. But the Cincinnati Enquirer claims that security is going to loosen up this year...Grad night security. Most schools sell tickets, but if you live in the Dayton area, there's a record store on the corner of Gettysburg and Hillcrest that usually sells tickets. I think it's called 14 carrot gold record store. I wish that I could go this year, but If I went, I'd be that old creepy guy that goes to highschool parties ph34r.gif