Happy 31st Anniversary, Kings Island!

Derek

The park isn't even open today, but 31 years ago today, Kings Island first opened to the public.

So Happy 31st to:

Kings Island

Beastie

Racer

Eiffel Tower

Royal Fountain

Les Taxis (now called Antique Cars)

Monster

And today is also Jeff Seibert's Birthday so Happy 31st Birthday, Jeff!

Derek

Cool! Happy ANNIVERSARY PKI! i can remember when when Hanna-Berbara Land had...Cafe's like Dino's Delights and QuickDraws Snack Stand....They had the Smurfs everywhere they had that HUGE rainbow to walkunder... Yogi,Fred,Dino,Astro,Barney Rubble,QuickDraw,Snagglepuss,JabberJaw,Muttley,Huckle Berry Hound ,Hong Kong Phooey,Magilla Gorilla,Scrappy Doo,..where Popular Characters to meet and hug as well as to get your Picture with em...and wasnt there a Bridge over the lake where viking fury is...Flight Commander was a HOT ride...man pki has came along way from back then!

Happy Birthday Jeff! smile.gif

Edited by GreenGhost2003

Actually, the official opening of King's Island was May 27th, 1972. That same day, Mr. Siebert was born.

The park began preview weekends on April 28th 1972... a month earlier.. however, the Grand Opening was not held until May 27th.

What many do not realize is that this is actually the park's 32nd season of operation. Another tid-bit of info: although I wasn't fortunate enough to be born the day KI opened, I do share the same age as the park...31.

Also a final note: The Monster was actually built in 1968, thus it is 4 years older than KI.

Shaggy

Wow 32 years old, KI has gone from 4 coasters to 12 and is the worlds best Kid Area two years in a row. The Park has seen Disco to Techno, Vietnam to Iraq, and 100ft tall rides to now oveer 400ft rides. Happy 31 PKI! ph34r.gif

You contradict yourself. You start saying its 32 years old (which is wrong) then end with "Happy 31"??

It was just a simple typing error that's all. I talk to my dad about when he used to go to PKI and he tells me about how Racer used to have packed lines, be red white and blue, and have a final bunny hill where the brake run is now. He also told me about how the Festhause has evoled over the years from serving German Cusine to Pizza and Burgers. Also he said that there was origonaly a resteraunt on International street that would make hot dogs from scratch.ph34r.gif