The Thrill On Delirium

Stitch

I have been reading a lot of posts and a popular argument is the Delirium does not give me a thrill. Now how does one define a thrill ... is it Air Time, Speed, G-Force, Inversions, or how about theme (Tomb Raider). This is how I see it, every ride is differnt, Backwards Racer gives a great Air Time Thrill, where as Forwards gives a great G-Force thrill. Now they are differnt thrills but are they both not indeed that thrills. Now on to Delirium, one can not say (Who has ridden Delirium) that that 4 G's you pull at the bottom of the swing is not thrilling. Delirium may not be a ride that you come off with an Adrenaline rush like Drop Zone or a laughter rush like Viking's Fury but it does give a thrill non the least. ph34r.gif

I don't think 'thrill' can always be defined. Everyone has a different interpretation. I've only been on Delirium once and all I can really say is I enjoyed every second of it (once my nerves of the first-ride were out of the way)...I think 'thrill' is just a general feeling you get from a ride...just an overall excitement of being on the ride - not necessarily from a certain aspect of the ride. Does that make some sense?! huh.gif

Edited by SML828

Yes, its true not everything gives the same thrill and not everyone gets thrilled from the same thing. Though I don't really see how anyone can not be thrilled by Delirium.

You get to be flipped upside down. You have the speed and g-forces on the lowest part of the swing. You got the spinning. Its overall jjust a great ride and I've ridden it everyday so far.

I see your point's and I agree about how not everyone gets the same thrill. I am just glad that we are able to discuss this without immaturity. I am a fan of Delirium and like the thrill it gives but what I am trying to say is someone would have to be dead or have had the ultimate thrill to think that Delirium isn't one bit thrilling. ph34r.gif

Its a low Thrill in my opinion! it doesnt get you pumped like Drop Zone Delirium is great yeah but it gives a low thrill i like how you are turned almost upside down i have never see the Eiffel Tower i like that! i will say this i like Delirium way more the DZ! smile.gif

I don't know if anyone else feels the same, but I think everyone's definition of thrill is different. So, I just ask you this.....

When you ride Delirium..... Do you get off the ride with a smile and think "Boy that was pretty cool, I've never done anything like that before", or do you get off and think "That ride sucked, and was a waste of my time"?

If you say it was pretty cool then you got a thrill. Whether it be a slight thrill, its still a thrill and maybe brought a smile to your face. If you got off and said it was a waste of your time then, no, you did not get a thrill from the ride.

Now, I think the general consensus is that people are getting off the ride with a smile and are in some way slightly thrilled (or more). You aren't going to get the same reaction from people that just got off that ride as from the people who just got off a coaster. They are completly different rides which give completely different experiences, so I find it very hard to understand why people say "I liked the ride but didn't get a thrill out of it. Now give me a coaster and I'll be thrilled by that" Those people are still being thrilled but they much rather prefer the more intense thrill from a coaster and wondering why they aren't getting the same thrill from a flat ride. Simple, you're comparing apples to oranges.