is it just me?

IBEW_Sparky

The second tunnel is horrendously boring this year. I don't remember it being such a leisurely enclosed stroll in the past. I have actually said this year that it might have been better when the tunnel was split into two tunnels because right now it just drags on and on and on and doesn't add anything to the ride.
This from the person who said that there are two coasters that use tunnels correctly... Voyage and Beast! ;):lol:

Beast's first and third tunnels are still highly effective. ;) And I've added Grizzly to that list as well. The tunnels on Magnum and Millie are still completely pointless.

So you knew me Dan? Cool...

With regards to the speeds, after the magnetic breaks were installed the speed of the train passing through the shed was more consistent, reaching speeds of 31-32 miles per hour. If the train exceeded 33 mph through the shed (in the skid days), was considered a no no, as Im sure Shaggy can attest.

Indeed. Even still, if the train begins to hit about 32 exiting the brake shed, it's time to call maintainence just to let them know. When I worked on The Beast in 07, the brake shed was usually a consistant 29-30mph, and upper 50's to low 60's at the bottom of the first hill, and entering the helix. The variance there was typically due simply to train capacity, heat, time of day, etc.

The variance there was typically due simply to train capacity, heat, time of day, etc.

Which, according to Jeff Gramke, have zero effect on the speed of the train. :lol:

He has clearly never run The Beast from 9am untill 1am. You'll definitely notice a difference. One of the scariest moments of my KI career was seeing the first empty train of the day leave the brake shed at 7, yes 7mph. Maintainence was in the drive box with me and several were convinced that we would be heading to the quick dip. There was one enormous sigh when we saw that train reach the bottom of lift 2. Why do you think that the park requires certain temperatures before opening rides? For fun?

At the same time, another scary point was watching full trains hit the bottom of the first hill reaching 70. Yes it happens.

Having ridden The Beast for my first time time yesterday with my daughter "Peanut", we both loved it. I thought it was fine just the way it was, we did get beat up a bit in those two last coils, but we lived. I think it had gone any faster, it would have been my last ride on it also.

Wait a minute, I rode The Beast for the first time this year and loved the ride...and yet it was a neutered, tamed version? :blink:

It seemed plenty fast to me...although I found it a bit weird, Red Racer and Flight Deck both seemed to OWN The Beast when it came to speed.