What would you do if...

McSalsa

OK, here's an idea: you are given $100,000,000 to spend on the park. What do you do? Nothing is off limits, so if you wish to remove or modify rides, add new rides, expand or add new areas, fix up the park, etc. But you cannot spend over $100M. Since Diamondback cost $22M to build, I assume $100M is plenty to do quite a lot.

Have Fun.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Build a ride just like King Cobra (probably a B&M stand-up)

-Paint Flight Deck

-Remove Timmy Sr. Air Tours or whatever it's called and build a ride just like KCKC in it's place.

-Repave the parking lot since it's not getting much love these days.

-Remove BLSC and bring back our beloved Flying Eagles and Antique Cars.

-Build a dome that covers the entire park, kind of like in The Simpsons Movie, so we can enjoy Kings Island year-round.

OK, my own ideas:

#1-Fix up The Racer and Flight Deck as well as some of the other rides so that they all look new.

#2-Do whatever I can to make SOB more enjoyable, possibly even using pre-fab wood is possible. But don't change it too much and keep it the tallest & fastest wooden coaster. If needed, tear the current SOB down and re-build a new, better one quickly before anyone notices... ;)

#3-Add some new roller coasters, I liked the ones TTD listed.

#4-Some new flatrides. Easy.

I think that should run about $100M, so I won't do any more.

I'd expand X-Base (add some flats and cool roller coasters, est. $50 mil), retheme NU to Peanuts and HB (est. $500,000 to $1 mil), rebuild King Cobra (est. $1 mil), build a record-breaking coaster (est. $30 mil) and build a new, record-breaking wooden roller coaster (est. $15 mil). That leaves $3,000,000 left. I'd use that for improvements to the park, and maybe bringing back the Antique Cars.

...retheme NU to Peanuts and HB (est. $500,000 to $1 mil),...

I think you might be very surprised what licensing either HB or Snoopy would cost....it would be substantially more than the figure you have listed...

He's also being quite generous on how much a new King Cobra would cost. More than $1 million, because the old steel has been scrapped by now. I'd say at least $5 million or so. And why re-build King Cobra when you could build a new stand-up coaster that could make KC look bad, and possibly break records, instead? (But I'd still have it green and call it King Cobra II: The Revenge or something)

...retheme NU to Peanuts and HB (est. $500,000 to $1 mil),...

I think you might be very surprised what licensing either HB or Snoopy would cost....it would be substantially more than the figure you have listed...

He's also being quite generous on how much a new King Cobra would cost. More than $1 million, because the old steel has been scrapped by now. I'd say at least $5 million or so. And why re-build King Cobra when you could build a new stand-up coaster that could make KC look bad, and possibly break records, instead? (But I'd still have it green and call it King Cobra II: The Revenge or something)

Oh dear, an idea just popped into my head: a B&M Stand-Up...Hypercoaster. Am I crazy? :wacko:

10 flat rides, a 1950's speedway ride, bring back tiques, 3 sit down restraunts, move the screechin eagle to Kings Island, and the best log flume to ever be built would be at Kings Island, using many effects from raging thunder old americana, built into a mountain, (like knotts), and when you come down the splashdown you enter the valley of the fantastic voyage for 5 minutes... all with blasting a/c.

then the revenge of cobra, would be built oh wow.

and another wave pool, and action river:

and any money left, Build the shooting star 2 just like the original from coney:

Do whatever it takes to bring back RECAR.

Reprogram and fix the Crypt so it's back to its old program.

Reprogram and fix Delirium so it's as great as maXair.

Do something to help Firehawk so it doesn't take 20 minutes to load a train.

Remove the trims on Beast that weren't there last year.

Install security cameras in every queue so that line jumpers will indefinitely be caught.

Repaint Flight Deck and Invertigo.

Sand down everything that has gum or writing or scratches on it so it looks brand new.

Bring the Antique Cars back.

Put in a Ferris Wheel.

1.Build a B&M Inverted

2.Put in a Giga Coaster similiar to MF, make it about 70 feet higher and put more airtime hills in there.

3.Build a sky ride like back in the old days that goes from AZ to Rivertown

4. Clean the park up a little bit and make it much more pleasing to the eye.

5.Add an S&S Tower ride similar to Power Tower.

6. Build a Maverick style Intamin.

I'd expand X-Base with a S&S Swing and restroom along with resturants, and also paint FD, The Racer, Invertigo, FOC. I'd add another terrain coaster like The Beast and also like Prowler, but steel. Probably a launched coaster from Intamin? Umm I think I'm going over $100 million but I'm just saying a few things I'd like to do. I'd also like a GCII. I'd reaaallly like to get Ozark Wildcat from Celebration City, but its most likely going to Silver Dollar City or Dollywood. I'd really like a Giga coaster, or a Strata coaster. Ummm what else... I'd like to take out all of the blacktop and replace it with the paths in Rivertown.

remove Firehawk and replace it with a higher capasity flying or laying coaster

renovate the crypt so it can run in the elements and not tear itself up

remove dora and add snoopy

and if there is any money left over, pay people to stop complaining about Son of Beast since it is one of the best wooden roller coasters

Expand X-base, put a B&M floorless or invert in.

DEFENATLY put in security cameras like giga said.

Take all thats nasty gum off of Racer.

Re-paint Flight Deck.

Take out the crypt and but in indoor dark Eurofighter.

I wish....

I would....

1)Repaint Flight Deck to its original colors

2)Remove the brake tunnels on The Racer,so their is no place to put any gum

3)Reprogram,and retheme The Crypt

4)Take trims off FOF, well,all of the coasters trims for that matter

5)New movie in action theater

6)Just improve the theming,like the clock in Oktoberfest,and all those other little things7

7)Refurbish all the theming on any coaster their, like FOF and AE,and others

8)and,Make everything enviro-Friendly.Like plastic bottle recycling,and energy efficient light bulbs,bio-degradable plates forks cups Etc.

:)

$100,000,000

A B&M Floorless with 8 inversions and well themed - $80,000,000

A B&M inverted coaster top of the line - $65,000,000.

Intamain Rocket coaster of some sort - $45,000,000.

New restrauint like a Fridays - $40,000,000

A $20 million invest in new slides and new walking surface in water park - $20,000,000

More shade, security and general imporvments $10,000,000

Wooden coaster like el toro - $15,000,000

Im 5 million in the hole. Opps.

$100,000,000

A B&M Floorless with 8 inversions and well themed - $80,000,000

A B&M inverted coaster top of the line - $65,000,000.

Intamain Rocket coaster of some sort - $45,000,000.

New restrauint like a Fridays - $40,000,000

A $20 million invest in new slides and new walking surface in water park - $20,000,000

More shade, security and general imporvments $10,000,000

Wooden coaster like el toro - $15,000,000

Im 5 million in the hole. Opps.

I take it math is not your strong suit? :)

You are a lot more than $5 million in the hole! :)

And you can build a restaurant for about 1/10 of what you have listed! In fact, all those estimates seem high, some of them very high.