What would you do if...

McSalsa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's an idea: you are given $100,000,000 to spend on the park. What do you do? Nothing is off limits, so if you wish to remove or modify rides, add new rides, expand or add new areas, fix up the park, etc. But you cannot spend over $100M. Since Diamondback cost $22M to build, I assume $100M is plenty to do quite a lot.

Have Fun.

#! Redo Nick to Planet Snoopy

#2 Bring back the indoor boats back to the new Planet Snoopy and get rid of Scooby

#3 Take the Crypt out and Put a Euro Flyer in the building and use land next to The Beast lift hill

#4 S&S Swing on Coney Mall where Flight Commander was!

#5 Take out 3D and put a S&S Turbo Launch and Turbo Drop

#6 Paint The Racer back to the hay day!

#7 put a loop in from S&S Drop to X base

#8 Restrooms in X-base

#9 Take out Congo and Rebuild a bigger version in River-Town land behind Crypt or nearr WWC

#10 Tear out SOB and build a CGI coaster like voyage but BIGGER!

#11 Take out Flight Deck and put a B&M inverted to use land better!

Well I would do a lot more but I think that would take me to my limit of money!

I would also remove In-vertigo and move it over by X-Base in the new loop area

I would build a new on site hotel on land over behind (SOB) With a new resort gate at X-base

Redo the main gates tear it down and build a newer entrance

I could so go on and on and on!

-Remove the CRYpt, and add a topspin identical to Tomb Raider Firefall at KD in its place, keeping the current queue building.

-Repaint Racer, Flight Deck, and Vortex's supports.

-Remove BLSC and add a new Antique Car ride.

-Hold a Gold Pass event where passholders can torch SoB. Tear SoB down, and install a Prowler-like woodie.

-Fix all theming on FoF, including re-adding the light effects and replacing all the burnt out lights. Also, repaint FoF.

-Create a movie for Action Theater featuring POV footage from coasters at other Cedar Fair parks. Reinstall the Side B theater.

-Fix all other miscellaneous theming.

-Reinstall Flight Deck theming.

-Change all CF new names to reflect the names at other parks. Drop Tower becomes Power Tower, Jukebox Diner becomes Coasters Drive-In, etc.

-Change Nick theming to HB theming. Remove SDatHC and install a HB dark ride.

-With the rest of the money, bring landscaping back to the Taft days.

I would:

1. Make X-Base it's own section with extreme rides like

2. Install a B&M Invert like Raptor to X-Base

3. Build a B&M Standup in X-Base

4. Build a S&S Swing like Skyhawk in X-Base

5. Add a bathroom to X-Base (and Coney Mall)

6. Add a Euro-Fighter/ El Loco Coaster to the Crypt's old box

Hope that's not too much.

I would call Jeff Gramke and everyone else who was involved in The Beast who is still there into my office and ask them the following: "In 1979, you were involved in something that turned out to be very, very special..... And I remember as a child exactly HOW special it was.... Now it's 2009, and we have $100 million. Can we do it again for my children?"

For Juke Box Diner to be comparable to Coasters at Cedar Point, they'd need to totally replace the menu, cooking methods and upgrade the quality. Coasters? Juke Box Diner can't hold a candle to it.

It just surprised me that they didn't follow the chain-wide names.

For Juke Box Diner to be comparable to Coasters at Cedar Point, they'd need to totally replace the menu, cooking methods and upgrade the quality. Coasters? Juke Box Diner can't hold a candle to it.

It just surprised me that they didn't follow the chain-wide names.

Give it time they will!

I will go out on a limb and say when they install the S&S Swing on the old flight commanders spot!

- Replace SOB's wooden structures with steel ones.

- Improve the theming.

- Add another Festhaus. (I like to eat there, but it always seems to be crowded when I go in there.)

- Put in more theater rooms in Action Theater, with different movies other than Spongebob.

- Add a lot more attractions to Boomerang Bay.

For the 10 year project, I would start by adding the following roller coasters:

Build a wild wooden coaster simular to the voyage back in The Beast area.

Build a Millenium Force replica.

Build a B&M Dive coaster.

Build a 4th dimensional coaster like X2, or a wing walker.

Build a launch roller coaster themed with hills to a dirt bike race, with seats to simulate a bike.

Build a B&M stand up as Return of King Cobera (if money is left)

1. Increase the banking on The Beast curves so the trim brakes can be removed. Add a bunny hop, and an S drop

some where and paint it.

2. Retrack the SOB with metel like the Adventure Express, add 3 new trains, and 2 loops.

3. Modify both sides of The Racer to run backwards, (or at least run only 1 side backwards for hallo weekends)

4. Modify Diamondback to run backwards for hallo weekends.

5. Remove the cript, and add a re-programable virtural roller coaster in the building so we can some what experience

riding other far away coasters. (or restore it to something like tomb raider.)

6. Create some new movies for the action theater, or replay the old ones again.

7. Create a camp site at every CF park and run a low cost shuttle bus between all the CP parks so every body can

afford to go visit them all.

8. Create a water ski ride in the water park.

9. Return winter fest.

10. Create roller coaster hour at the end of each day, so the park can close all the slow and flat rides nobody is riding

1 hour early so they can budget to extend operation of the most popular roller coasters 1 hour after the park

closes.

11. Move the Chos ride from CP to the old laser dome site since CP has it for sale, and restore the flight commander

ride.

Build a launch roller coaster themed with hills to a dirt bike race, with seats to simulate a bike.

1. Increase the banking on The Beast curves so the trim brakes can be removed. Add a bunny hop, and an S drop

some where and paint it.

2. Retrack the SOB with metel like the Adventure Express, add 3 new trains, and 2 loops.

3. Modify both sides of The Racer to run backwards, (or at least run only 1 side backwards for hallo weekends)

5. Remove the cript, and add a re-programable virtural roller coaster in the building so we can some what experience

7. Create a camp site at every CF park and run a low cost shuttle bus between all the CP parks so every body can

9. Return winter fest.

10. Create roller coaster hour at the end of each day, so the park can close all the slow and flat rides nobody is riding

1 hour early so they can budget to extend operation of the most popular roller coasters 1 hour after the park

closes.

11. Move the Chos ride from CP to the old laser dome site since CP has it for sale, and restore the flight commander

ride.

some where and paint it.

9. Return winter fest.

closes.

ride.

Guest rcfreak339

-Repaint/renew Flight Deck's themeing.

-Remove Crypt

-Add a Excalibur style ride in Crypt's old area

-Reopen the International Street restaurant.

-Make the 50 foot deck on the Eiffel Tower into a sit down cafe.

1. Order a B&M Invert For X-Base. Repaint Flight deck.

2.Install B&M Invert. Pheonix will be painted Red & Black. Add Bathrooms to X-Base and Seperate it From Coney Mall. Put in a Resturant.

3.Remove the Crypt, But Dont Replace it yet. Re-work all of the woodies, so they run like new.

4.Talk to GCI about getting a new woodie where the Crypt was. Renovate Coney mall to look like it originally did.

5.Install GCI woodie. The Cyclone would be a traditional wooden coaster style.

6.Repaint the Eiffel Tower. Rework the train tracks.

7.Complete Renovation of the entire Waterpark. Expansion also nearly doubles it's size.

8.Order a B&M Twister. Demolish the timberwolf theatre and congo falls.

9. Build B&M Twister. The Screamin' Demon would take on Invertigo's colors.

10. Construct a new theatre, demolishing some of the most outside reaches of the parking lot.

P.S. Almost each year we would put a flat in the park. We would also paint every ride that needed it each year.

OK...here are some ideas that I have:

Let's redo The Crypt so that it fits into Rivertown with the Tornado theme I, and others, have mentioned. OR install a Mystery Mine-esque Euro.

Give Sonny some PTCs and, maybe, figure out how to put the loop back without killing it, also retrack it.

Give Vortex some new Vekoma trains.

BUY ME A GCI LIKE THUNDERHEAD :)

Repaint Flight Deck, rename it, and add some theming and effects.

While we're buying paint, lets get some for Invertigo.

Press the undo button in Nick Central.

Bring Beastie back and rennovate it.

Put a flat in Paramount Story.

Get rid of Thunder Road or whatever those go carts are and install a B&M floorless like Dominator or Invert similar to Raptor or Silver Bullet.

Turn the 50 ft. deck on Eiffel Tower into a restaurant.

Buy Eiffel Tower a lighting system similar to that of Millie's supports.

Give Xbase a Screamin' Swing, bathrooms, and shops.

Either fix BLSC's effects and do something with the Corrugated steel look on the tunnel. OR completely remove it and put in an Intamin Mega-lite.

Put a 3D Phantom Theatre in Action FX....or remove it.

Spend whatever's left on general improvements.

Obviously some of these things could be used interchangably as 100M will not cover it but there you go.

-Repaint/renew Flight Deck's themeing.

-Remove Crypt

-Add a Excalibur style ride in Crypt's old area

-Reopen the International Street restaurant.

-Make the 50 foot deck on the Eiffel Tower into a sit down cafe.

I like the cafe idea!!

I would:

1. Make X-Base it's own section with extreme rides like

2. Install a B&M Invert like Raptor to X-Base

3. Build a B&M Standup in X-Base

4. Build a S&S Swing like Skyhawk in X-Base

5. Add a bathroom to X-Base (and Coney Mall)

6. Add a Euro-Fighter/ El Loco Coaster to the Crypt's old box

Hope that's not too much.

I like this list! :)

some where and paint it.

9. Return winter fest.

closes.

ride.

I'm pretty sure that is WELL over $100 million ;) .

• 1 month later...
OK, here's an idea: you are given $100,000,000 to spend on the park. What do you do? Nothing is off limits, so if you wish to remove or modify rides, add new rides, expand or add new areas, fix up the park, etc. But you cannot spend over $100M. Since Diamondback cost $22M to build, I assume $100M is plenty to do quite a lot.

Have Fun.

i would buy a coaster like kingda ka that is faster longer and taller. i would buy a coaster giga coaster better than Millennium force . i would nuke the crypt just kidding tear it down also blacklot stunt coaster. i would make an b and m invert. make another floorless coaster like superman ultimate flight last if i had some more money make add a coaster to The Beast series. also fix soon of beast and smooth it out and put the loop back in there. add little inovations around the park. add a series to Delirium but this one goes all the way around and make everyday the park closes at 12:00