What would you do if...

McSalsa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these are all great ideas...

I think KI would be a good candidate for a B&M invert Patriot style. Also, I too think a S&S swing would go perfect in Xbase to launch it as a new area. This area would of course also include a few restaurants, shops, and a restroom. Besides that, i think a giant wheel in Coney Mall would fit the deal.

My dream would be for a complete retracking and reprofiling of the Son of Beast rosebowl complete with a tunnel like papa and gasp a trim before the tunnel. Also, this would mean that the midcourse could be turned off or darn close to it. Plus, custom made to fit the gauge of the track MF trains couldn't hurt.

Other than that some paint on Flight Deck and the other rides that need it along with the FH clock being fixed.

I would arm Giga with her Anti-Line Jumper Paintball Grenade Launcher regardless of the cost. And by doing that, rid KI of one of it's bigger problems :D

Can I get one too please? :D

$100,000,000, eh? How many sharks with lasers can that buy?

1. Bring back the organ on the Carousel

2. Bring back Antiques and Eagles

3. Fix the Festhaus clock

4. Repaint Racer to its original paint job

5. Paint Flight Deck

6. Move Starbucks and bring the Bakery back to that building

7. Improve the quality of the food park-wide, including but not limited to bringing Montgomery Inn back to the park as a table service restaurant in IR, bringing German food back to Festhaus and bringing back the smaller size fries at Potato Works. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Subway, Chik-Fil-A, Panda Express and Starbucks kicked out of the park, but people like them so I'll keep them around (I'm not a fan of getting rid of things unless they're problematic).

8. Build a duplicate of King Cobra (my favorite standup), but with better steel of course

9. Move LL's Screechin' Eagle and GL's Big Dipper to KI

10. Add a ferris wheel, either one like the park had before or a giant wheel like CP's

11. Build a dark ride as awesome as Spidey at IOA

12. Build a B&M inverted

13. Install a Wild Mouse (or a Wildcat... I just love that ride at CP!)

14. Install Demon Drop and Chaos

15. Update Timberwolf to attract more/better artists, but that would be difficult to do with Riverbend's PNC Pavilion as competition.

I may have some money left over...would it cost anything to lower the food prices? A few nickels to change the price boards at each place, at the very least...

well 100M will buy you roughly 4 Diamondback-esque coasters..I would spread it around..put in some more exciting flats, demolish BLSC and put a new giant topsin in there..fill in former paramount story with a cool new flat, see if Delirium could get a new even better ride program, bring back the smurf ride (hey they're coming back on TV!), put in another big coaster and use the rest to upgrade landscaping around the park--more trees!

^it happens to the best of us.

edit: finallly after a year and ten months, i have 1,000 post!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

I would arm Giga with her Anti-Line Jumper Paintball Grenade Launcher regardless of the cost. And by doing that, rid KI of one of it's bigger problems :D

Can I get one too please? :D

$100,000,000, eh? How many sharks with lasers can that buy?

1. Bring back the organ on the Carousel

2. Bring back Antiques and Eagles

3. Fix the Festhaus clock

4. Repaint Racer to its original paint job

5. Paint Flight Deck

6. Move Starbucks and bring the Bakery back to that building

7. Improve the quality of the food park-wide, including but not limited to bringing Montgomery Inn back to the park as a table service restaurant in IR, bringing German food back to Festhaus and bringing back the smaller size fries at Potato Works. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Subway, Chik-Fil-A, Panda Express and Starbucks kicked out of the park, but people like them so I'll keep them around (I'm not a fan of getting rid of things unless they're problematic).

8. Build a duplicate of King Cobra (my favorite standup), but with better steel of course

9. Move LL's Screechin' Eagle and GL's Big Dipper to KI

10. Add a ferris wheel, either one like the park had before or a giant wheel like CP's

11. Build a dark ride as awesome as Spidey at IOA

12. Build a B&M inverted

13. Install a Wild Mouse (or a Wildcat... I just love that ride at CP!)

14. Install Demon Drop and Chaos

15. Update Timberwolf to attract more/better artists, but that would be difficult to do with Riverbend's PNC Pavilion as competition.

I may have some money left over...would it cost anything to lower the food prices? A few nickels to change the price boards at each place, at the very least...

Thanks for not taking out Skyline or LaRosa's. I love those places.

Anyways...

If I had $1,000,000 to spend, I would do many things, but not limited to:

1. Paint Flight Deck, Racer, and Invertigo.

2. Repave the parking lot, as it doesn't look too good.

3. Put a restaurant into IR that would stay open year round.

4. Bring the Flying Eagles back.

5. Bring the Antique Cars back (BTW, what was their official ride name?).

6. Expand X-Base to include:

7. A restroom.

8. A new rollercoaster.

9. A new flat ride or two.

10. Change something on Firehawk to it has a greater capacity.

11. Build a ferris wheel.

12. Build a B&M inverted coaster.

13. Build an Intamin launched coaster that uses the environment.

14. Build a couple of new flats somewhere outside of X-Base.

15. Build a couple of new restaurants.

16. Fix up some of the buildings, like making the Festhaus clock work again.

17. Change the Crypt so it isn't so gentle.

18. Build two new slides in Boomerang Bay.

19. Retrack SOB or do something so it isn't so rough so I'll actually ride it.

20. Do extra landscaping and theming, along with making the park look better.

21. Put better food with wider options available in the park.

22. Finally, lower the price of food.

I know, that seems like a lot, but I only have three rollercoasters and three to four flats for major costs, so I should come in under $100,000,000... I hope.

Restore the band organ and Carousel add a Wild Mouse ride and Ferris wheel. Add more flat rides that Coney used to have like the rotor and tumble bug. Buy back the flying eagles that moved to Carrowinds and build another wooden coaster like The Racers. One more thing... change Nickelodeon Universe back to Hanna Barbara land!

In Order:

1. Take off all of the trims on The Beast, send them to Dare-To-Fly's pit in Siberia, burn them (While roasting weinnies and marshmellows), stop on the ashes, and bury them 12 feet under (Because just 6 shows too much respect)

2. Overhaul Flight Deck. The whole shabang. Paint the ride, add another 1,000 or so feet to it, give it some more theming (At least to the point that it had as Top Gun), put in moving sidewalks (Like the ones at the airport) in the queue, the whole nine yards.

3. Add a Ferris Wheel out by where the Euro Bungee is and the Dome thing once was. Make it nice and big. Yes.........

4. Give the Kings Island Miami Valley Railroad some TLC. Don't make it just a transport from Kings Island to Boomerang Bay, add some theming. Some real people. Make it a show. Make it enjoyable.

5. Open up the 50 foot observation Deck on the Tower. Imagine how cool that'd be!

6. Give Adventure Express all it's orgional theming.

7. Remove the Crypt. In it's place, put a spinning wild mouse coaster inside the box. Theme it to mining expedition that's gone wrong. And don't just theme the queue, put stuff in the box to!

8. Retheme the Nickelodeon Universe to Hanna Barbera again. If that's not possible, Snoopy. Please. Anything but that Nick krud.

9. Remove Backlot Stunt Crap and put in the old Antique Cars. Remove the 3 Point Challenge (Which is loud enough you can hear it from the top of Vortex) and put the Eagles back in.

10. Remove Son of Beast and replace it with an Intamin Plug and Play. That way Terpys won't have to take a great adventure to ride one, and that's no bull.

11. Put a GG woodie similar to Voyage out in X-Base. Make it fly through the woods! Maybe even make it long enough to have it turn over the Little Miami? And NO TRIMS!

12. Remove Days of Thunder or whatever they're calling it now and put a GCII wooden coaster there. Make it decent in length, and at least try to plant a few trees around it.

i would put in stuff to make the park go green, but not like ugly in plane site veiws, but more like secretly disguise it into the landscaping, like in the barren unused sections of the park add a solar farm with a really big battery house. giant windmills at the four corners of the park. a gray water system that catches rain water unused water to help water the landscaping, plant's, and trees. have park garbage picked up by waste management so it can be sent to a separation center that separates recyclable items from non-recyclable items, instead of ending up in a landfill. in the longrun this would save the park money so it could eventually lower its prices which will draw more paying customers to come and spend there money.

relocate designated smoking areas to more sensable spots with special items to make the smokers wanna go there. retheme the landscaping, and rides to fit in with the areas they are named after. with what money is left, hopefully build a dark ride that is thrilling and believable than SCatHM. plus have a 3-D version of phantom theater made to be played in the f/x theater instead of spongebob and his silly picle chasing.

:lol: I was just a LITTLE irritated about the LJs at that point. That conversation was hilarious.

No Paintball Nukes!?!? LOL :lol:

McSalsa, being silly...as usual.

If i had $100,000,000 I would:

-Repaint flight deck and either get rid of the old unused que area or restore it.

-CHANGE THE CRYPT! Keep the theme, but take out the giant top spin and put in a more normal sized one or put in a new smaller gondula to where it does not tear itself apart. Then make it to where there are strobe lights and ghost sounds throughout the ride sequence, and having one wall made into a giant "screen" to where demons, ghosts, and more could be projected upon. Along with replacing the old rolling door that used to be there with a door that LOOKS LIKE A DOOR TO AN ACTUALL CRYPT OR CATHEDRAL. Either this or make it into a competely different theme.

-Either retheme nick U to peanuts or do some much needed maintnence.

-Improve SOB

-Expand X-Base, add a restaurant, bathroom, and more rides

-RESTORE OKTOBERFEST

-add new slides to Boomerang Bay

I would mostly focus on fixing up existing rides and attractions:

Repaint Flight Deck

Restore the faded areas on Zephyr

Restore the Festhaus clock

Restore original effects on AE

Return FOC to Beastie status, with a new paint job and a new tunnel

Clean up graffiti and gum

Repaint buildings and other rides as necessary

Find better cars for Son of Beast

Fix up the old west town along the train ride and find a good way to use it

Other things:

Turn Festhaus into a German restaurant

Get rid of Launch Pad and put in a classic whip (assuming I could find one)

Put a water coaster in Boomerang Bay

Bring back the trams

Action Zone

Repaint Flight Deck and rename it to it's original name. Not Top Gun, but Thunder Road, as it would have been without Paramount. Because it's laughable how completely uncreative Flight Deck was and it's not themed anymore anyway, so we might as well rename it to something less .. stupid sounding. Repaint it with an appropriate theme, such as dark blue and silver.

Repaint Invertigo. It's supports are turning pink and it's one of the first things you see when entering the park since it hangs out over the entrance plaza.

Add another flat ride or two to Action Zone. The queue area for Flight Deck and Son of Beast seems to have a lot of extra room, especially where all those switchbacks for SOB were installed along Flight Deck's exit path. I'm betting they could figure out a way to get a Chaos in there, and it's enough of a thrill ride that it would fit into the Action Zone theme. Figure out a way to shorten Flight Deck's queue and utilize some of that area for thrilling flats.

Remove Thunder Alley or whatever the slow go-karts are called now a days. Install an S&S Screaming Swing in their place.

Put correct gauge trains on Son of Beast. I think that's all that coaster really needs to make it less violent. Put trains that don't shuffle side to side. Call up PTC and get them to design trains specifically for that ride, like they did with Premier. I think it's popularity would spike if this was done.

Coney Mall

Remove EuroBungee and any unused game or former ride structures, such as the Flight Commander queue.

Install a Ferris Wheel, Tilt-A-Whirl, Spinning Bobs (aka Matterhorn) and/or Himalaya, and other small, classic flat rides. There is a ton of room in Coney Mall, especially back by Vortex and the end of Racer, if Action Theater is removed. They could double or triple their flat ride offerings easily.

Repaint Racer to original red, white & blue and keep that tunnel clean on a consistent basis.

Relocate 3-point shootout to Action Zone (it's a big money maker and popular with the GP) and reinstall Flying Eagles.

Rivertown

Not much to be done here except removal (or lightening) of the trims on Beast.

Nick U

Bring back Hanna Barbera or add in Snoopy. SpongeBob is losing popularity, Dora was a fad, and does Blues Clues even exist anymore?

Replace tunnel on FOC and rename to Beastie or Scooby Doo (depending on whether or not HB is brought back).

What I wouldn't do:

Bring back the antique cars. Unlike at Cedar Point, they were not popular. One half of the ride was shut down for many years before they were removed and they never had a line. They were fun for the first few years you were tall enough to drive them and then they lost their appeal.

Turn The Racer back around except maybe on rare occasion. It was supposed to be a temporary thing that stuck. Yes, I loved recaR but I'd rather The Racer run like it's supposed to (even though the change was not made for nostalgic purposes, no matter how many times the park says it). Why not turn it around on special days, such as the park's big anniversaries, anniversaries of the ride, or special events like the Brady Bunch reunion last year? That would bring back a lot of fond memories without it becoming just another gimmick, and that's what it was originally turned around for anyway.

There is a school of thought (and more than one reliable source) that insists the original name for Top Gun was not Thunder Road, but rather Swoop. How would you like that?

I think Swoop would make for a great name for a swinging coaster. Quite appropriate.

In which case I'd paint it light blue.

First thing would be to put as much money as I needed to, to get Screechin Eagle from Americana over to Kings Island and make it enjoyable again.

Second would be bring back Skylab.

Third make Son of Beast the World's Fastest, Tallest, and only looping roller coaster again, while using lighter trains.

Then finally with whatever i have left over will go to security and breathalyzers for security and bar workers to stop people from getting plowed and try to ride Diamondback and Son of Beast or any other ride because there shall be no Drinking and Riding.

Edit I can not spell

Dora was a fad

You obviously don't have a 4 year old daughter! :lol:

GatorGirl and her friends at daycare would not be pleased with you... that is, if they knew the definition of "fad"! :lol:

There is a school of thought (and more than one reliable source) that insists the original name for Top Gun was not Thunder Road, but rather Swoop. How would you like that?

I love it! We could paint it red & white to match a certain university's colors!

Swoop: The Official Mascot of Miami University Athletics

I wouldn`t look for a fast pass system to be implemented at Kings Island. Even the walk on weekends gold pass holder perk, which was similar to Disney`s fast pass system, has now fallen by the wayside. The problem with that perk was that it resulted in the general public that were not pass holders becoming upset at people "cutting" line with the perk. I think it would be safe to say that the perk was abandoned to alleviate problems with upset guests.

I'd turn the KIMVRR into a lush arboretum with exotic plants, waterfall effects, and arrangements worthy of many a photograph and wide renown... keeping the trains, of course...

I'd light the Eiffel Tower from all angles, instead of just the 'front'.

I'd re-theme the ugly parts of BLSC with colorful, 3-D facades of buildings.

I'd restore the Glockenspiel at Festhaus, and the Band Organ on Grand Carousel.

...and other things... ^_^

I'd venture to say that the WOW perk going away had more to do with the fact that ERT was added for DB and Beast this year than park guests getting upset, esp since both are Gold/Plat pass perks only. I'm sure Disney has had more than its fair share of grumpy (pardon the pun) who didn't know about the FP system, then got angry when they saw people out of nowwhere getting in front of them..which is why for FP rides, Disney installed special FP lines, which eventually merge with the main que. I liked WOW but I have to admit the ride selection was the same every year--SDATHC, Wild Thornberrys, Beast, BLSC and either Delirium or DT..they could have rotated the rides to keep things interesting.

I would make a restaurant on Eiffel's 50ft. platform, that serves really good food. I'd sign a contract with Pepsi, and remove all Coke products. I would paint Flight Deck blue and Silver. I'd put Millennium Fliers on SOB. Remove Days of Thunder and put a very compact yet Intense B&M Invert in it's place. I would remove Congo and either put a ride like Pilgrim's Plunge in it's place or a ride like Pelirious Plunge there. Make one side of Racer Backwards and paint the ride to it's original theme. Put new Vekoma trains on Vortex. Add signs saying how long FoF's and Firehawk's queue was on the sign saying X-Base. Make an S&S Screamin' Swing in Flight Commander's area. Remove Backlot and put a new Flying Scooters, Ferris Wheel, Huddleup, Whip, and garden in it's spot. Remove the trims on Beast. Make a path that gets right next to Diamondback's splashdown so people can get wet if they want to. And lastly add a Proslides Rocket slide in BBay.

I would take out SOB's rosebowl, call up gravity group, have it do some mind blowing twists and turns with some nice airtime hills back in the woods, add a tunnel with a launch section, have it do some stuff up to the now defunct midcourse, then go into the loop and finish with the winding down helix and cloverleaf. Then I'd slap 4 brand spankin new Timberliners on there. Oh, and pave the que line with gold.

• 2 weeks later...