Trip to Kings Island Sunday May 31 with a 2 yr old

jacobliford

I had my 2 year old with me most of last summer and he loves KI so look forward to a great day. To specifically answer your questions:

- Sundays are a good day to be in the kids section of KI (especially opening/morning time and after 4:30).

- The key question on what your daughter will be able to do is her height. Last summer, my boy was greater than 36" so that made him eligible for a lot of stuff in NickU - some of his favorites are/were: Backyardigan Swings, Little Bills Giggle Coaster, Blues Skidoo, NickJr Drivers, Diego, Swipers Sweepers, Blue Train (sorry forget real name), Timmy's Air Tours, Lazytown Sportacopters (ride early before the line grows too long), Carousel, and Scooby Doo. Beyond NickU and the rides don't miss out on some of the shows and other attractions like going up the Eiffel Tower and Riding the Train

• Like 1

Wait there is a lot you can do with her the attractions at Nickelodeon Universe and according to KI brochure for guest under 36" she can ride Go Diego Go, Jimmy Neutron Atom Smasher, Timmy's Air Tours, Lazytown Sportacopters, Nick-o-Round, La Adventura de Azu, Swiper's Sweepers, Nick Jr drivers, and the Scooby & the Haunted Castle. some of those you can ride with her others use you judgment, and make sure you get a good spot to video shot her when she is on Swiper Sweeps, you'll enjoy that video for years trust me.

In the rest of the park enjoy other attractions that you think she may be ready for such as the Monster, Grand Carousel, Eifel Tower and the Railroad. You'll have a blast with the roaming characters, theres a great show of Marty's Party and even some face painting booths.

0_0_d282e213a5cba254094a424fc4b0f51a_1.j

One of my daughters favorite places at Kings Island when she was two was the water park they have various age specific places for the little ones to play and splash around in.

0_0_19330d04c6ddb8d596bb6aab4fd48ea6_1.j

I guess what I am saying there is tons of things for children of all ages to do at Kings Island and your going to have a blast while making some great family memories don't forget your camera (if i did I would have missed the opportunity to capture some of my memories)

• Like 1

(I had this typed out before Avatar posted…and by God I’m still gonna post it!)

Like Avatar said, there is a little more than what some people are saying, here is everything…I think:

Lazytown Sportacopters (Get there early…if the line is long it is not worth the wait.)

Nick-O-Round (The Nick Universe carousel)

La Adventura de Azul

Swiper’s Sweepers (Which may be a little too rough for some children.)

SpongeBob’s Bikini Bottom Bash (The walk thru water maze.)

Timmy’s Air Tours (One of my Nephew’s favorites.)

Wild Thornberrys River Adventure (If your child can stand on his/her own they are allowed to ride this…but I wouldn’t really recommend it…it IS scary for the little ones.)

Eiffel Tower

Grand Carousel

Kings Island Railroad (Always a favorite of children of all ages.)

Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle

You may have to ride some things over and over…but kids usually want to anyway.

Have fun!

• Like 1

I don't think Swiper's Sweepers will be too rough for a two-year-old. When I worked at KI back in 2005, that was one of the rides in my area, and I often saw kids as young as 1 (sometimes even younger) on that ride, and all thoroughly enjoyed it.

My 2-year old daughter (who turns 3 next week) enjoyed Viking Fury and Fairly Odd Coaster the most.

Goodness, she's tall for her age! Average height for a 3-year-old girl is only 37 inches! Those two rides have a 40" requirement. So she'll be a pretty tall girl when she grows up!

Just think, that means by next year she'll probably be enjoying Runaway Reptar and Shake Rattle n Roll!

• Like 1

My soon to be 2 yr old daughter is about 32" right now, and I'm debating bringing her to the park this summer..the wife would rather me not, but I know she'll like the stuff she can ride (though I think wild thornberrys is prob too scary right now). By next year, she'll def be at the 36" height req for most of the Nick/HB/Snoopy/Helbigland/whatever you want to call it. I usually win these types of arguments (and as most guys know, I lose just about every other type!) so I'll post some :lol: pics when we do go :).

• Like 1

Goodness, she's tall for her age! Average height for a 3-year-old girl is only 37 inches! Those two rides have a 40" requirement. So she'll be a pretty tall girl when she grows up!

Just think, that means by next year she'll probably be enjoying Runaway Reptar and Shake Rattle n Roll!

At 43 inches, she's off the charts! It was her first visit to the park and I was excited to see her enthusiasm. Shake Rattle & Roll was closed, and Reptar and Avatar will have to wait until 2010.

My 7-year old was able to ride DB and FoF this year and loved it.

• Like 1