PKI--I Want my PT back!

gabelogan99

First of all, I'm new to the board and I've been a long-time fan of King's Island for a long time. It's my favortie park in the US, and I actually prefer it over CP. I was disappointed when I went last October, as my favorite ride Phantom Theatre was closed down. I heard it would be no more as of this spring and I was sad. First they take the smurfs out, and now Phantom Theatre is going. It's almost as if that building is cursed. I've actually seen the line for PT be pretty long before, though. Anyway, I'm sure the Scooby ride will be great, as I enjoyed the MIB ride at USO. Any other sad Phantom Theatre fans out there?

I'm in the process of creating a PKI quiz at Funtrivia.com. Me and my brother were having a discussion of what COASTER has the longest queing line station in the park. I know that WWC is probably the longest non-coaster station in the park, but I would like to know what the longest coaster station is. I believe it's Top Gun.

First of all, I'm new to the board and I've been a long-time fan of King's Island for a long time.  It's my favortie park in the US, and I actually prefer it over CP.  I was disappointed when I went last October, as my favorite ride Phantom Theatre was closed down.  I heard it would be no more as of this spring and I was sad.  First they take the smurfs out, and now Phantom Theatre is going.  It's almost as if that building is cursed.  I've actually seen the line for PT be pretty long before, though.  Anyway, I'm sure the Scooby ride will be great, as I enjoyed the MIB ride at USO.  Any other sad Phantom Theatre fans out there?

I'm in the process of creating a PKI quiz at Funtrivia.com.  Me and my brother were having a discussion of what COASTER has the longest queing line station in the park.  I know that WWC is probably the longest non-coaster station in the park, but I would like to know what the longest coaster station is.  I believe it's Top Gun.

Yeah i miss PT too but something i love more and is more Popular is in that building now Scooby Doo! iam a huge of Scooby iam huge Cartoon Buff i like the Smurfs as well...The Haunted Castle is great its Way better than the PT was because its interactive!

Edited by Scooby_Doo

I think SDATHC is sad a excuse compared to PT. PT was entertaining, COMPLETELY THEMED, creepy, had a great story line, and was a lot of fun. Like I said, SDATHC is a sad excuse when compared to what PT was. Like italianchef said, my visits just aren't the same without it.

Edited by Inraider

Ok, Ok....I'm sorry I started another sad PT thread. I take responsibility for it, so just blame me. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends, so I don't wanna spark any more controversy. Some people just don't like the modern things compared to things in the past. That's just the way it is with anything you can think of. Some people say "In with the old, out with the new," and I won't even predict how long Scooby will be there. I just thought I'd bring it up because it was my first post and it was about my favorite non-coaster ride in the world. I can see both sides of the argument about taking PT out, and the aftermath of it. Anyway, there's absolutely nothing we can do besides mourn the loss and move on. We can remember it for what it was and what legacy it left behind. "Assanine" is a word some people will use to describe the way I'm talking about this ride as if it was an actual person and had feelings...but in a strange way it did and you either really liked it or you really didn't. After riding the MIB ride at USO, I secretly wished that PKI would get a ride like that. Well, and it's a universally true statement, be careful what you wish for. Anyway, RIP, Maestro. May you never stay dead.

a SAD EXCUSE!!!! WTH is wrong with you people.....I Pt never had a line, it was torn up the audio was warping the masks were melting and it was full of garbage! You people disgust me, the park trys to make it so much better and you just burn on them. The ride itself is really good, and very themed. I dont know what you want more from the park.

a SAD EXCUSE!!!! WTH is wrong with you people.....I Pt never had a line, it was torn up the audio was warping the masks were melting and it was full of garbage! You people disgust me, the park trys to make it so much better and you just burn on them. The ride itself is really good, and very themed. I dont know what you want more from the park.

I agree, I worked PT last year and i now work Scooby. And if all of you people liked PT that much....Why did we have a 1 min. line the whole year practically? (and the 1 min. was the time to walk to the station)

I loved PT, but seriously! Scooby is WAY BETTER!!!

With PT, the park proved that it can muster up a great haunted house. The facade of Scooby is awesome, but thats the only thing that beats out PT in my eyes. PT was quality and well done, the biggest of all though was that it was entertaining. Much more so than SDATHC, Scooby is a good ride, but there is simply no comparison between it and PT.

Edited by Inraider

Chill out and get some respect for people. No it was not a cheap trick, and the subliminal messages thing is a little juvenile don't you think?

Edited by Inraider

LOL yogi! way to tell em off...First off...PT IS DEAD! SCOOBY IS WAY BETTER THAN PT ever was or could be it was BORING ! a lotta people went into that ride to cool off...Scooby has a much Bigger fan base thats why he is so popular..sorry to be mean but thats how i feel...Scoobys better,PT is gone GET OVER IT!i gotta agree with yogi...People stop livin in the past!

Edited by Scooby_Doo

I agree, I worked PT last year and i now work Scooby. And if all of you people liked PT that much....Why did we have a 1 min. line the whole year practically? (and the 1 min. was the time to walk to the station)

I loved PT, but seriously! Scooby is WAY BETTER!!!

i agree 100% where were you people why did we have 1min line? Scoobys WAY better than PT ever was!

People have different opinions and like different things. There is going to be some disagreement. If you hate reading "I want my PT back", then just don't read it. Don't complain about someone complaining. Remember we all have different opinions so we're never going to always agree.

PKI goes with rides that a majority of people will like. In HBL I'm sure little kids will like Scooby better than PT. I'm not saying Scooby is better. Remeber 10 years ago how everyone loved PT, but now people just think of it as old. If you don't like SDATHC, then wait another 10 years until PKI takes it out and adds a new ride.