5 Roller Coasters You Have Yet To Ride but want to...

McSalsa

Hello and welcome to yet another of my crazy polls. ;) This time, I have a interesting one- what 5 roller coasters that you have not yet ridden do you want to ride the most? They can be in any location, at any park...even defunct coasters can be listed! I have only been to KI and Indiana Beach in my life, so I have some choices.

Here are 5 I would ride if I got the chance, in no order:

#1-The Voyage at Holiday World

It's been rated the #1 Wooden Roller Coaster in the world, and I have started to develop a "thing" for wooden roller coasters...

#2-El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure

See above. El Toro is another great wooden coaster I have yet to ride.

#3-Millennium Force at Cedar Point

This coaster has been ranked by many as the greatest in the world and I haven't been to Cedar Point to ride it...

#4-Big Dipper at Geauga Lake (Hope I Spelled That Right)

Because I won't be able to ride it now. It may not have been the best coaster there, but the steel ones could all have been moved, and this one would be a wee bit harder...

#5-Son of Beast at Kings Island (DA DA DUM!)

Yes, I have been to Kings Island twice now, but SOB was too scary for me the first time, I was a kid, and broken down the last time. If I had a "Loop or No Loop" choice, I'd ride it with The Loop. But I don't want a 2006 Loop Ride, for obvious reasons. :wacko:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Rye Aeroplane...the coaster that Kings Island could have rebuilt, but chose to build Son of Beast instead

2. Harry Traver's Cyclone at Crystal Beach

3. Zephyr at Pontchartrain Beach

4. Cedar Point Cyclone at....

5. Wildcat at Coney Island of Ohio

As you may have noticed, all are wood, none exist today.

That would be my ultimate curiosity five I'd love to ride...

1. The Rye Aeroplane...the coaster that Kings Island could have rebuilt, but chose to build Son of Beast instead

2. Harry Traver's Cyclone at Crystal Beach

3. Zephyr at Pontchartrain Beach

4. Cedar Point Cyclone at....

5. Wildcat at Coney Island of Ohio

As you may have noticed, all are wood, none exist today.

That would be my ultimate curiosity five I'd love to ride...

I just hope none of them were the infamous super-rough woodies of the 1920s, the ones that broke bones when working correctly and make SOB look super smooth!

Ha. I will now list some of my favorite woodies, all of which I have of course ridden, in no particular order, and let you guess:

* Tremors, Silverwood

* The Georgia Cyclone, at Six Flags Over...

* Rolling Thunder, Great Adventure

* El Toro, Great Adventure

* Raven, Holiday World

* Cyclops, Mt. Olympus

* Avalanche, Timber Falls Adventure Golf

Ha. I will now list some of my favorite woodies, all of which I have of course ridden, in no particular order, and let you guess:

* Tremors, Silverwood

* Raven, Holiday World

* Cyclops, Mt. Olympus

Rye Aeroplane looks fun to me. Add it to the list! ;)

Terpy...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RteYRmG8HPI

Harry Traver's Cyclone at Crystal Beach may still exist! This looks new and was uploaded in 2008.

And yes, it looks awesome too!

Hold on...just read more, it was changed in 1949. Bummer. But it looks awesome even in current form!

Uh, that is NOT the Cyclone, that is the Comet from The Great Escape. The ONLY surviving part of Cyclone in that coaster is part of the station structure.

Terpy, who was at the grand re-opening of the Comet when it was moved from Crystal Beach, and was in fact on the first train (and who is starting to talk waaay too much....)

Uh, that is NOT the Cyclone, that is the Comet from The Great Escape. The ONLY surviving part of Cyclone in that coaster is part of the station structure.

Terpy, who was at the grand re-opening of the Comet when it was moved from Crystal Beach, and was in fact on the first train (and who is starting to talk waaay too much....)

Oh, sorry. That came up when I typed the name into youtube, and stated in the text box that the Comet was originally the Cyclone. My bad.

And boy is this topic getting way off topic!

I'm going to list the 5 Coaster I haven't ridden and will most likely never get to ride but still exist, in no order.

1. Speed Monster at Tusenfryd.

2. Superman Escape at Movie World.

3. iSpeed at Mirabilandia.

4. Blue Fire at Europa Park.

5. Colossus at Heide Park.

I love Launched Intamins, Blue Fire is a Mack but it's layout resembles an Intamin. And Colossus is an Intamin Woodie that looks amazing, and is the second tallest wooden coaster behind my current favorite Woodie Son of Beast.

...And boy is topic getting way off topic!

Tis okay as long as it is okay with you...I've learned much from detours here...

Terpy, who wishes some other people would contribute their five most wanted coasters to your poll...but bets they are off at either Holiday World, Kings Island, in Alexandria, or near a Point or some other great adventure...

X2, Magic Mountain- I've never been on a 4d

Thunder Dolphin, Tokyo Dome City- Big Intamin built on a city, how cool!!!!!!!!!!

Dueling Dragons, Island of Adventure- Raptor is one of the main reasons I'm a coaster nut.

Raven, Holiday World

Furious Baco, Point adventura, Spain. It's fast a bit different and looks fun

...And boy is topic getting way off topic!

Tis okay as long as it is okay with you...I've learned much from detours here...

Terpy, who wishes some other people would contribute their five most wanted coasters to your poll...but bets they are off at either Holiday World, Kings Island, in Alexandria, or near a Point or some other great adventure...

BTW, after seeing how long some of these coasters operated, I doubt any of them were the legendary "rib busters" of the 1920s. Those did not last. Most of the good ones, however, did...at least, for a while, though some do still exist today...(Coney Island Cyclone, etc).

You'd better go back and read some more about Harry Traver's Cyclone at Crystal Beach, then! :) Mr. Traver also was responsible for the Cedar Point Cyclone!

http://www.coasterglobe.com/features/lostl...clone/index.cfm

That same site has great articles about The Rye Aeroplane:

http://www.coasterglobe.com/features/lostl...plane/index.cfm

And The Bat:

http://www.coasterglobe.com/features/lostl...hebat/index.cfm

Of the most violent coasters in history, Harry Traver's Cyclone at Crystal Beach is most legendary! And yes, I'd love to have ridden it.

Someone who rode that back in the day would yawn on some of our modern coasters, if not most of them. ;)

PS: I would probably have still rode it, but would return...KOed. :wacko:

I can only imagine what they'd think of Maverick, Diamondback, Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka or Millennium Force, though!

Probably "OMG HOW THE HECK IS THAT THING SO FREAKIN' HUGE!?!?" :lol:

They would also probably think that of SOB...and fear it greatly, thinking it is 10x as intense as the Cyclone, though we know that is not true!

There are those who say the nurse in the Cyclone station was largely a marketing stunt. I point out that in the opening years, many threw up regularly on Racer...it was like an every fifth or sixth train occurrence. Now that happens very rarely. The ride itself has changed, but not that much. Peoples' expectations, though, have.

* Tremors, Silverwood

* Raven, Holiday World

* Cyclops, Mt. Olympus

If these are Interpreters favorite woodies - then they have to be part of my top 5 I haven't ridden.

On the Steel side, I'd have to say Maverick and either TTD or KK would make the list.

I could come up with a top 3, but not 5. Others are listed below the top 3 in no particular order of wanting to ride.

1. Millennium Force - I hope it's up and running by CoasterMania!. It just looks like an all out blast to me!

2. Nitro - I've heard Diamondback is better, but Nitro has you go sideways on hills and looks like it has one powerful helix.

3. The Voyage - A 90 degree banking wooden coaster that goes through tunnels 8 times during the ride?! :blink: PUT ME ON IT!

Top Thrill Dragster - I've seen POV videos MANY a time, but I can't wait to experience a coaster that goes 120 MPH!

Raptor - I'm all about intensity and everything I've heard tells me it has TONS of it.

Incedible Hulk - Again with intensity!

Magnum - It just looks like it's fun from start to finish and is the first of its kind.

Mantis - Chastise me all you want, but I loved King Cobra (another stand up coaster) and I haven't really been on a true twister before.

Coney Island Cyclone - I love classic out and back wooden coasters, and to boot, it's the world's most famous coaster!

Medusa at SFGAdv (pre-Bizarro) - It was themed well and looked like a lot of fun. Plus it was the world's first floorless coaster.

Storm Runner - I love how the cobra loop is an original element and how the voice at the start sets the tone of the ride. "Now get ready. Here we go!"

In no particular order and not really just 5. :)

X2. Because seriously. It's X2. Do you have to ask?

Tatsu. I enjoy B&M flyers and this is supposedly the cream of the crop.

Coney Island Cyclone. It's classic, it's famous and it's endangered.

Big Dipper at Geauga Lake because I never went when it was open and kick myself for it regularly.

Dueling Dragons. It just seems too cool to miss out.

Incredible Hulk. Intensity factor.

Thunder Run because it's in 2 states at once.

Rock n Roller Coaster. Seems like a very cool experience.

Expedition Everest, same as above.

Space Mountain, a unique and classic ride.

Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce. Can supposedly give Beast and Voyage a run for their money and I want to judge for myself.

Kingda Ka because it will be broken when I'm there and I have yet to ride any of the tallest coasters while they still hold the record!

Last but not least, Screechin Eagle. I was too small to ride it the last time I went to Americana and sadly never went when I got older. I can only hope this wonderful coaster finds a new home where I, and many others, can continue to enjoy it.

Some that were on my list and I've ridden for the first time this year or will soon ride include Voyage, Volcano, Joker's Jinx, Griffon, Big Bad Wolf, Nitro and El Toro.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

The good news is that The Coney Island Cyclone is supposedly not endangered. It is owned by New York City, leased to the current operator, and not to be directly affected by the Coney Island redevelopment schemes.

That being said, any coaster the city owns is always in at least some danger. See what happened during the IAAPA convention, no less, to Thunderbolt in 2000:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig423.htm?picture=7

* Tremors, Silverwood

* Raven, Holiday World

* Cyclops, Mt. Olympus

Rye Aeroplane looks fun to me. Add it to the list! ;)

I just watched that video. That coaster gets up the lift very quickly and it looks very fast and intense throughout the ride.

Space Mountain, a unique and classic ride.

Since I don't know the scope of the current refurbishment of Space Mountain at WDW, I hope the ride remains similar as your are right, it is a classic.

I believe the layout is supposed to remain the same. Some track is going to be replaced, but for the overall feel (Speed, lighting, layout), it should be about the same. I'll try to get more info. and post it later.