5 Roller Coasters You Have Yet To Ride but want to...

McSalsa

Space Mountain, a unique and classic ride.

Since I don't know the scope of the current refurbishment of Space Mountain at WDW, I hope the ride remains similar as your are right, it is a classic.

I believe the layout is supposed to remain the same. Some track is going to be replaced, but for the overall feel (Speed, lighting, layout), it should be about the same. I'll try to get more info. and post it later.

I told you I'd get back to ya!

A major component of the renovation is the installation of a new track for the roller coasters, although the current layout will be left unchanged. Other renovations include an upgraded queue area and a new ceiling for the dome's shell. Disney officials did not indicate if this was the full extent of the project or if other changes were in store, but a spokeswoman for the park stated, "We're retaining many of the classic elements that made Space Mountain a rite of passage at the Magic Kingdom that's been enjoyed by generations."

I got all of the information from Wikipedia at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Mountai...009_renovations.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there 5 times, forgot to ride it all 5 times. (Yes I said FORGOT, it's an age thing.)

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1150.htm?picture=1

..And just because they will not let me ride....

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3139.htm?picture=4

Four months and this one will be scratched off the list..

http://www.rcdb.com/ig4065.htm?picture=27

When your in my bizz, you just don't go to Vancouver, BC to ride a coaster but some day....

http://www.rcdb.com/ig320.htm?picture=1

And finally, it just looks like a lot of fun, but I have not had the time..

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3757.htm?picture=25

I was going to do something similar to Terpy, but I start to cry when I think about all the coasters that I would like to ride but were before my time, and I can not seem to narrow down my top 50 into a top 5.

1.) T Express - Just looks outta this world. Being as it's not located in the US, you won't hear as much talk about it, but the TPR group took a trip to ride it and apparently blew everyone away (not literally... they returned from the trip to report of its awesomeness).

2.) Behemoth - To compare to Diamondback. Heading into this season, Behemoth seemed to be the most highly regarded of the B&M hyper coasters. Absolutely love Diamondback, and would love to ride its sister coaster at its sister park (why is so much of the amusement park world female?)

3.) Nemesis - I love B&M inverts (pretty much everything B&M for that matter). Montu and Dueling Dragons-Ice both rate near the top of my list, and Raptor is also a very fun ride. Add in the unique terrain and theme of this ride, and you've got a coaster I would love to ride.

4.) Expedition GeForce - Widely regarded as one of the very best (usually First or Second) steel coasters on the planet. First drop is supposedly insane, and the air-time looks forceful. I'd place this above the recently redecorated Bizarro at SFNE due to GeForce's fairly wooded location.

5.) Piraten - For their incredibly small size, these Mega-lites reportedly pack a punch you have to experience to believe.

Hint: Virtually everyone else will tell you Voyage. Ride it. Then go ride Raven! :)

All 3 of the coasters at Holiday World are very good from what I have heard. Voyage is ranked #1 in the world by many wooden coaster fans, Raven is a Top 10, and Legend is just outside the Top 10. I would ride all three if I ever went to HW.

How about top 5 that I will ride this year.

1) X2 - Done in February.

2) Diamondback - KI trip in August

3) Top Thrill Dragster - I seriously don't like to wait in the huge lines, so I have skipped this one so far. Hopefully in July

4) Maverick - July

5) Tatsu - Another good one that broke my sunglasses

I like intense rides with longish ride times. However, my experience is liimited as I've only been to KI, the Disney Parks, and Busch Gardnes Europe in recent years. I have also been to CP, but well before MF and Maverick were built. I wanted to include types of rides that I have really not yet experienced. So in no particular order -

Bizarro - have not been on an Intamin mega, and this one seems to receive the highest marks. Probably have a better chance of riding Millenium Force first though due to proximity.

Voyage - everyone raves, and I have certainly not ridden a wood rollercoaster that matches this description. Plus, it is relatively close.

El Toro - I tend to prefer woodies just a bit over steel, so I had to include 2. I'm not sure how similar this one is to Voyage, but hopefully, they would each be very different.

Maverick - looks incredibly fun and original - at least for me. Again, I have a good chance of riding this one sometime in the not too distant future due to location.

X2 - looks intense and certainly different from anything I've ever ridden.

Tatsu almost made my list, but I'm hoping to be able to ride Firehawk sometime this year, and then I will have at least experience what a flyer is like.

Finally, I really enjoyed Alpengheist at BGE, so if anyone knows of a ride that is similar, but even better, it would probably make my list.

5. Black Mamba at Phantasialand - The confines of the theming around this coaster make it look amazing.

4. Expedition GeForce - Intamin Mega Coaster Goodness

3. El Toro SFGA - Intamin Plug and Play, absolutely on my list for future visits.

2. Evolution/Revolution at Bobbejaanland - The only other Vekoma Illusion constructed besides Chaos at Opryland and now the only one in existence.

1. Crystal Beach Cyclone - How could I pass up ridding this Harry Traver legend. The layout is one twist after another, a thing of beauty.

1. bizarro(superman ride of steel) at SFNE- it has been voted best steel coaster consistently over Millennium(2) and I have serious doubts that it can be better seems how it's slower and shorter.

2. X2 at SFMM- Never ridden a 4d and think it would be interesting.

3. Voyage at HW- I have heard nothing but good things about it.

4. Griffon at BGE- I have not ridden a dive coaster yet. Might be taking this off my list in July!

5. Tatsu at SFMM- It's considered the best flying coaster out there and I want to ride it.

In no particular order...

1. Coney Island Cyclone. A classic.

2. X2. Unlike anything I've ridden before.

3. Kingda Ka. I would have said TTD, but this one's taller.

4. Leap the Dips. Just for its historical significance. If all goes right, I'll be crossing this off the list in August.

5. Coney Island (OH) Shooting Star. Just because of hearing friends and relatives tell of it. Being born in '72, I missed it by a few years.

And since I'll hopefully be marking off Leap the Dips soon, this will take it's place...

6. Griffon, Sheikra or Oblivion. I've never been on a dive machine. Some say they're one trick ponies, but it's a trick I haven't experienced yet.

Ha. I will now list some of my favorite woodies, all of which I have of course ridden, in no particular order, and let you guess:

* Tremors, Silverwood

* The Georgia Cyclone, at Six Flags Over...

* Rolling Thunder, Great Adventure

* El Toro, Great Adventure

* Raven, Holiday World

* Cyclops, Mt. Olympus

* Avalanche, Timber Falls Adventure Golf

Rye Aeroplane looks fun to me. Add it to the list! ;)

I just watched that video. That coaster gets up the lift very quickly and it looks very fast and intense throughout the ride.

Space Mountain, a unique and classic ride.

Since I don't know the scope of the current refurbishment of Space Mountain at WDW, I hope the ride remains similar as your are right, it is a classic.

I believe the layout is supposed to remain the same. Some track is going to be replaced, but for the overall feel (Speed, lighting, layout), it should be about the same. I'll try to get more info. and post it later.

I came across this on Scream Scape's webstie:

If you check out the latest description of Space Mountain on the Disney World website, you'll see that Disney has finally confirmed the fact that the ride will have a "pumping musical score and synthezised electronic sounds of space that are sure to immerse you in your otherworldy flight." To date, I don't believe Disney has publicly confirmed that an on-board soundtrack was being added until now.

So, I guess there will be some noticable changes made to Space Moutain at WDW. Sounds pretty sweet (Haha. Get it?). :lol:

• 1 month later...

1. Unnamed Intamin Gigacoaster (KD) PLEASE HAVE AIRTIME UNLIKE THE LAST INTAMIN GIGACOASTER!!!!!!!

2. Griffon (BGE)

3. River Raid (Doesn't actually exist, never did, and probably never will. On the NoLimits simulator only)

4. Eejanaika (Fuji-Q Highland)

5. Manta (SWO)

As far as flats go,

1. Acrophobia (SFOG)

2. Shockwave (CW)

3. Sledgehammer (CW)

4. The Crypt (KD)

5. Inverter (Adventuredome) It was closed when I went.

My "most want to ride" 5 are:

Bizarro @ SFNE. Not much else to say with this one.

Any Intamin Mega-Lite. These things just look awesome for their size.

Manta @ Sea World Orlando. I LOVED Tatsu so needless to say I'm anxious to check this one out.

Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce. Will probably take care of this and Bizarro later this summer.

Phoenix @ Knoebels. I just want to go to Knoebels to see what the fuss is all about. Having Phoenix there is just an added bonus.

Ones just off the list:

T-Express @ Everland (Korea). This one looks good but I'm not sure that I'm willing to travel halfway around the world for this, particularly if rumors are true that Eagle's Fortress may have some issues.

Expedition GeForce @ Holiday Park (Germany). I've been told by many who've ridden that this rides VERY different depending on when you go. During enthusiast events it's awesome. During regular park visits the trims kill it. Not sure I want to travel that far for a trimmed 'OK' ride.

I am doing 2 lists here. The first encompasses rides I want to ride and will in the near future. The second are coasters that I want to ride but don't have a chance to due to distance/doesn't exist/just hard to get. They are in no particular order.

1. Raptor- I have the "dangly foot" conquered and am ready for this one.

2. Coney Island Cyclone, New York. Just because. ^_^

3. Balder

4. Kingda Ka- I love TTD, let's go a little taller!

5. Griffon- Have never ridden a dive coaster and I want to try it out. (Follow this closely by the one in Tampa).

My Hard to Get/Impossible List

1. Orphan RockerA Description- It fascinates me!

2. Screamin' Demon- I was too scared to ride it when I was little at Camden Park. It rusted away on me and was in my back yard!

3. Cliff Hanger- Just because it is fairly close and I don't know when it will be open after being shut down after one day this year.

4. The Bat

5. SOB- before loop removal. I'd just like to see what it would have been like.

#1 Behemoth - will be there in 3 weeks!

#2 Steel Dragon - Still need to go to Japan

#3 Screechin' Eagle - Closest coaster to my house but cannot ride it. :(

#4 El Toro - How does this compare to T-Express?

#5 Shooting Star - RIP

My coaster count is at 186. I am hoping to get to 200 by the end of July.

T-Express @ Everland (Korea). This one looks good but I'm not sure that I'm willing to travel halfway around the world for this, particularly if rumors are true that Eagle's Fortress may have some issues.

T-Express is very, very good. The train looks almost identical to Millennium Force including seat belts except much longer. The lift is the same with cable lift. This is the first coaster I have seen that has a safety video. Actually, it was quite funny and entertaining.

Eagle Fortress is better than advertised. I never thought that a suspended coaster can be that intense. I rate Eagle Fortress higher than Maverick.

I agree about the travel. It was 15 1/2 hours from Atlanta and 14 hours from Chicago O'Hare to Seoul. I have many family members there so I have an excuse to go there. 13 and 14 hour time difference is also a harsh adjustment as well as the language.

#5 Shooting Star - RIP

Rustbelt, have you ever been to Wonderland?

We just got back. Assuming that you get to the park for opening. They will have 2 lines that go back toward the Action Zone area. One is for Behemoth the other is for everything else. Resist the urge to hit Behemoth first. This like Diamond back handles the crowds very well. Get in the other line and ride Flight Deck and Time Warp which are both slow loaders. When you are done with these you should still only have a 20 minute wait for Behemoth. BTW I love Canada's Wonderland.

Just one more point, make sure you have a passport for adults and birth certificates for kids under 16.

#5 Shooting Star - RIP

Rustbelt, have you ever been to Wonderland?

We just got back. Assuming that you get to the park for opening. They will have 2 lines that go back toward the Action Zone area. One is for Behemoth the other is for everything else. Resist the urge to hit Behemoth first. This like Diamond back handles the crowds very well. Get in the other line and ride Flight Deck and Time Warp which are both slow loaders. When you are done with these you should still only have a 20 minute wait for Behemoth. BTW I love Canada's Wonderland.

Just one more point, make sure you have a passport for adults and birth certificates for kids under 16.

Thank you for the tip. I have not been there before. There is an early ride time for Goldpass members for Behemoth on 7/30/09 at 9 am. I will try to go for that. I assume my Platinum Pass gets me to that.

...There is an early ride time for Goldpass members for Behemoth on 7/30/09 at 9 am. I will try to go for that. I assume my Platinum Pass gets me to that.

It does. Enjoy!

It sure will, they run their ERTs in a weird way. only a few days a week and then the change what rides the ERTs are for. The 2 days that we went, they did not have ERTs.