Son of Beast

McSalsa

Son of Beast is, without any doubt, one of the most famous and controversial roller coasters in Kings Island and one I wish to know a little more about, so I created this poll. If this becomes popular enough I may do more of these for the parks other coasters...

PS: I cannot yet vote as I have never ridden SOB myself.

i wonder if mcsalsa knows he can make these multiple answers instead of just one.

No I don't, how do I do that?

I found out how, but this doesn't seem to be a good multiple choice topic...unless SOB is a inconsistent coaster (smoothish one day, crazy rough the next)...uh-oh, that could be a problem. :blink:

Seriously, I hate this ride. It hurts beyond all reason (At least it did last time I rode it, last year) and it is just not any fun to ride. When you ride a roller coaster, you should not have to

"Sit in the front seat of the red train, loosen your seatbelt, leave a few inches of room between you and the lapbar, and before the rose bowl stiffen your back and legs and raise your bottom from the seat. That way, the Son of Beast somewhat mediocre and not painful."

There shouldn't have to be a guideline of how to ride a roller coaster.

UPDATE:

After voting here and leaving comments, I have now created a poll for the original Beast. Go see it too if you so desire. ;)

THIS POLL IS NOT YET CLOSED THOUGH. I STILL WANT MORE SOB VOTES! Even if you don't like it.

Comments still welcome too.

i rember reading somewhere that there are some who would like to see this ride turn into the worlds biggest bonfires.

rotag, grabs the marshmellows, breaks a linb off a tree, & sprints towards the door. :ph34r:

Just tell them to try and keep the fire under control. We don't want a SOB bonfire destroying both Racer and Beast too...though I want to ride SOB before it gets destroyed, simply to see If I love/hate it first...

Phenomenal, No pain at all, and better without the loop. But I'm Sonny's Biggest fan.

I'm with you, angrybeaver.... As for the loop, I forget now what that was like. SOB being my favorite, eh, I really don't know. It's kinda a tie with The Beast. But after I have found out what the one forum is about "The Beast running slower", I am kinda leaning toward the SOB but I don't know, I just can't decide which is better... But them are my fav 2 rides... ;)

i rember reading somewhere that there are some who would like to see this ride turn into the worlds biggest bonfires.

rotag, grabs the marshmellows, breaks a linb off a tree, & sprints towards the door. :ph34r:

Just tell them to try and keep the fire under control. We don't want a SOB bonfire destroying both Racer and Beast too...though I want to ride SOB before it gets destroyed, simply to see If I love/hate it first...

ride the dang thing then... You'll Love it but sit in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd seat....

UPDATE:

After voting here and leaving comments, I have now created a poll for the original Beast. Go see it too if you so desire. ;)

THIS POLL IS NOT YET CLOSED THOUGH. I STILL WANT MORE SOB VOTES! Even if you don't like it.

Comments still welcome too.

Here is the link to The Beast poll in case you guys are interested:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry301778

ride the dang thing then... You'll Love it but sit in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd seat....

I would have rode it but for me KI trips are somewhat rare, and last time I went, it was broken down. <_<

As for "burning SOB down"...I was just kidding, if there are people who enjoy the ride, and there seem to be a few who do, keep it for them. Shorter lines for The Beast, DB, etc...

What's bizzare is Son of Beast gets the most mixed reaction of any coaster I have ever seen. It's on "Best Coasters Ever" lists, "Worst Coasters Ever" lists, and everything in between!

Well I stopped riding SOB, my last ride was in the front seat. Could just barely stand that, can't see how anyone could ride that thing in the back. I just don't believe that wooden coasters should go that fast, unless it's built right. So I give it a poor rating. I prefer The Racer, and Beast!!!!!! ;)