Brady Bunch Kings Island Episode

Scooby_Doo

I have that one in particular on tape, and every time I watch it, I'm amazed at how new the rides (and the park) look (such as Racer, Log Flume, Scrambler, etc).

Has anyone seen the Partridge family episode at KI? I've heard about it, but never seen it.

Hey y'all,

I saw that Brady Bunch episode today and last year (I recorded it to VHS last year). It was cool to see my favorite park on TV.

I have never had the pleasure of seeing The Partridge Family PKI episode. To my knowledge no TV station plays re-runs of it. If anyone knows where I can see The Partridge Family.......please let me know.

ItalianChef

I'm not the biggest fan of the Partridge Family, but I had that tape around here somewhere. From what I can remember:

The PF performed on/near the fountain stage. There was a large banner hanging from the tower that read, "C'mon Get Happy!"

I remember watching the old Sky Ride above them, and that giant orange/blue circus tent in there somewhere.

There were some great shots from the Eiffel Tower, and I am amazed at how radically the park has grown in just 30+ years.

David? (the oldest Partridge kid) rode The Racer, and quickly ran to the restroom (by what is now "Fudge &....?") to lose his lunch.

I love these 2 episodes because they remind me of how the park grew up with me. We've traded some of the Coney nostalgia and rides for what we know and love today.

The shows remind me of how many things are gone, but I like to look at it another way.... Look how much has been improved and added over the years! Could you imagine the park today if there were still only 2-3 coasters?!

Jim Moreland

The Wheel of Fortune ride was removed to make way for the entrance to WWC.

What I think is funny in the Brady Bunch episode is when they are running to the yellow tube to the front of the park, they double back so many times. Jan and Marcia find it in the canoes (where The Beast stands now) and then you see them make a criss-cross pattern across the park as they hand it off to other family members. They give it to Alice by the Taxis, who then hands off to Peter and Greg by The Racer, who then hand off to cindy and Bobby who are standing where Vortex is now. Not the most direct route. biggrin.gif

Wheel Of Fortune was not located where the entrance to White Water Canyon is. It was located adjacent to the King's Mills Log Flume, now Thornberries, in the location where the Nick Central Sign is now. It was removed and "Scrappy's Slide" was added in it's place, however the slide faced HB, not Rivertown. Wheel of Fortune was indeed a Rivertown attraction.

You are right about the criss cross in the Brady episode, however I thought Jan and Marcia give the plans to Alice in front of the Kings Mill Flume, who then gives them to Bobby and Cindy near the Eiffel Tower not near The Vortex area... that midway area didn't exist then. Bobby and Cindy then hand off the plans to Greg and Peter at the old Halley's Comet ride that was located in front of where the Zephyr is now. At that time, Coney Mall ended just past the ring toss. Greg and Peter then run to the front of the park with them. What is ironic is each of the "runners" all pass the Antique Cars when running. And those of us that know KI well know that Marcia and Jan simply had to walk through HB to The Beastie (then Scooby Doo) area literally just a hop skip and a jump from the flume. That is where the Admin offices are.

Do you know why they had the kids running all over the park? Paramount Communications had a vested interest in Taft Productions which owned KI at the time. They wrote the episode, in part, to make the park seem much bigger than it was at the time. At that point in time, it was being billed as a sort of "Disney of the North." However something obvious is missing from the Brady episode. There is absolutely no reference or shots of the Hanna Barberra area or characters. All the "costumed" characters in the show were non HB related costumes made expressly for the episide.

I have both episodes of the Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family on tape. I prefer the Brady Bunch because 90% of it takes place in the park. On the Partridge Family episode, most of it is filmed or shot at the King's Island Inn.

When the Partridge Family episode begins, they are holding a concert at the very front of the park at the end of the fountains nearest to the main entrance. They have tons of kids dancing around with the Banana Splits. The episode also features a music montage that shows the Eiffel Tower, Monster and The Racer. Keith gets sick and runs to the restroom when Danny taunts him with a slimy braut from the now defunct Octoberfest Gardens.

Shaggy