poorley educated

Coaster Kid

I was in line for Run Away Reptar with my 10 year old cousion. I got bored waiting for front seat so I started to talk to a worker and I started to talk about KI history and asked about other things about KI. He staried at me and asked me if I knew about KICentrel and I said I did. He asked me if I was in the club and said yes. He staried at me again and told me that they arnt supposed to be taught KI history. And he was surprised I knew so much for a 13 year old. Why would they not teach the workers about park history?

No one really asks, "Hey, what ride used to be here?" or "What year did KI remove The Bat?" And since every industry is trying to cut costs, this is just another way to cut down on training.

Plus, I dont remember a time when they were taught KI history.

Well, Disney teaches Traditions, but there's really no reason for a amusement park to do something like that. Rarely is the park's past important to a 16-year-old ride operator.

Hence why Disney World charges $75.00 a person to get into the parks in Florida. Lol.

As for some employees not knowing Kings Island's history is a shame on them. I have worked at the park for 14 seasons and I take pride in knowing the history of the park. There are lots of sources for learning the history and the first stop would be the park's own web site. It is loaded with history on the park; time line of rides, both current and past just to list a few. There is of course web sites such as this and others. It helps to know about the park if a guest should happen to ask a question about the park.

God forbid an employee take the extra step in his job to learn something about the park. Maybe it's just me, but I would want to be as informed as possible about the place I work at (especially an amusement park!) just in case someone would ask something like that, or even simply to have that information to myself.

As for some employees not knowing Kings Island's history is a shame on them. I have worked at the park for 14 seasons and I take pride in knowing the history of the park. There are lots of sources for learning the history and the first stop would be the park's own web site. It is loaded with history on the park; time line of rides, both current and past just to list a few. There is of course web sites such as this and others. It helps to know about the park if a guest should happen to ask a question about the park.

Yes, but there are still those who just don't care...... Sadly....

Enjoy your job.... it could be worse! Just tune your TV to Dirty Jobs on Discovery and see what kinda crap lots of people have to deal with!

Well, Disney teaches Traditions, but there's really no reason for a amusement park to do something like that. Rarely is the park's past important to a 16-year-old ride operator.

Disney teaches a lot more than Tradition's. There are many things cast members have to continue to go through as they work for the company.

Yes, but there are still those who just don't care...... Sadly....

Enjoy your job.... it could be worse! Just tune your TV to Dirty Jobs on Discovery and see what kinda crap lots of people have to deal with!

Once when I was full time working in ride construction, I got caught in quick sand while working at the park. I was grouting the metal screws that was in the monorail track supports and unknown to me, the creek had all kinds of muck beneath the surface. This area of the old Lion Country was all nothing but mud and would become to entrance to the now Action Zone. But the creek had all been covered over with drainage pipes. The bad part about it was I was up to my chest in the muck and kept sinking when ever I attempted to get out of it. Finnally after 30 minutes and everyone laughing at me, I was pulled out by the Cat driver.

I have seen some of those employees while working at the park. The good news about this is the park themself will weed them from the work force. I have seen Dirty Jobs and no way would I do the things he has done!