Giga's Holiday World PTR

gigacoaster2k

• 9 years later...
On 5/31/2009 at 10:17 PM, gigacoaster2k said:

DSC00437.jpg

I was so excited to be hitting Voyage first, I was literally shaking. So many people have raved about this coaster and gotten me pumped to ride it, and I was finally getting to ride it. My first ride was in the rear seat..

HOLY ****.

I do not even have a word to describe the intense, air-loaded, amazing, breakneck-speed ride experience that left me completely speechless for several minutes afterward. That thing is so fast it feels like you're going to fly off the track. That coaster alone was worth the 4 hour drive.. and no, I'm not exaggerating any of this.

We ran back for a second ride.. my God. I can't get over that coaster and how it pretty much destroys everything I've ever ridden.

Great TR, and nice job on the photos! Glad you had fun at HW...

The statement I put in boldface pretty much sums up my thoughts of the first time I ever experienced the one and only Voyage.

Wow. What a blast from the past, I remember this Trip Report from way back when I first joined KIC in May 2009. One year later, on May 29th, 2010: I went to Holiday World myself for the first time. Had a blast. Since then, I have gone back in 2011, 2013, and this year, 2018. Every single time, I have had a great time. Voyage, amazing in 2010, was running way off in 2011 (super rough and no air) and a bit off in 2013 (first half great but 2nd half was like 2011), but it seems to have returned to form as of 2018. Wildebeest, Mammoth, and Thunderbird have all been amazing additions the park has seen since 2009. I do miss Pilgrims Plunge, it was a fun ride, just sucks that- from what I have heard- it was gonna be so expensive to repair 1 part ($2 million!?!?) and the ride wasn't popular enough.  On my visits before it was removed, I found it usually never had a long line. I also miss Paul Revere's Midnight Ride, their old spider type ride. TBH it was better than KI's monster.

Also, out of curiosity I looked up how much that $7.50 2 slices of Pizza costs at Holiday World now: it's $11 now. I know Kings Island charges about $15 for the same 2 slices, so Holiday World is $4 cheaper now, but I don't remember how much Kings Island charged for 2 slices of Pizza back in '09. If it has always been $4 more at KI, then 2009 KI Pizza would have been $11.50, which seems about right.

• Like 1