Drop Zone video

AlexNN

I think he's reffering to an on ride video. And DZ is not even close to the most high tech ride in the park. TR:TR is, Scooby, I believe, scores a close second with FoF after that.

Edited by Inraider

But wouldn't you say that DZ is interesting because it is probably the most high tech ride in the entire park?

As far as high tech rides are concerned, I would have to guess that TR:TR, FoF, and SDATHC, are in a three way tie. I am sure the LIM technology on FoF is pretty advanced, and probably takes a lot of PLC's as well as computers to make all those electromagnets activate in sequence very quickly. SDATHC, is probably right up there, with having all the moving items in the ride, that function when they are shot at, as well as having the scoring system set up for each car. TR:TR is probably at the top as well, with all of its technology-based theming, and having things that activate before the ride, like the ante chamber and such, and can't forget the ride itself.

DZ is built like a cabled elevator, that lets loose when it gets to the top. In fact, there is a smaller elevator that goes up the middle column of DZ, if the ride were to malfunction and get stuck at the top, and they had to get people down. But this also requires rope equipment and specialized rescue personnel, from outside the park.

Is the elevator that is inside used for maintance purposes as well or is it just for that worst case scenario? Also, I have seen some on ride videos that people have taken while on DZ and there was something that puzzled me. Since DZ's brakes are natural magnets how come the person's camcorder didn't get all multicolerd and screwly like your tv does if you bring a magnet by it. ph34r.gif I wouldn't like to be stuck at the top of DZ, that would suck really bad. ph34r.gif

i think the magnets have a sheild to protect the things around it if it didnt it would mess things up like watches,pacemakers,hearing aids and camcorders like a lim coaster it has aluminum fins on the outside and is what you see and steel fins on the inside i think that is how it works the aluminum is the magnetic shielding it may not be aluminum but it looks like it

Edited by captain picard

Actually, The antechamber and Preshow are now controlled by the ops inside those rooms. It used to be that the driver operated them.

I would think SDATHC isnt that high tech. Basically, you have a target register a hit. Then, the target sends a signal to the moveable object that it has been hit. Then, the object moves. Not really that hard.

Well maybe people are refering to SDATHC as being complex because of the sheer amount of sensors there are. I agree with Sob Tom though, allthough there are a lot of sensors they aren't timed or sycronious at all, just a simple hit and react system. I personally think that Tomb Raider : The Wait lol is the most complex ride in PKI. ph34r.gif

Well my reasoning for picking TR:TW for the most complex is becuase while the parts of the ride are simple IE:Water shooting up, lights flashing etc etc, there are numerous effects that must go in order along with the rides own program. Getting them all to work in order probably took a while to do and also the ride breaks down quite frequently, those are my reasons for my opinon. ph34r.gif

There are some pretty high tech rides in the park, but the ride I love to watch operate would have to be Face/Off. Its so neat how that ride works. On both lifts there are little black catchers that catch the train and release them and its just neat to watch the train and the catchers race up the lift then connect. Its better to stand under the lifts and watch them. I guess thats another employee perk! biggrin.gif

i think the magnets have a sheild to protect the things around it if it didnt it would mess things up like watches,pacemakers,hearing aids and camcorders like a lim coaster it has aluminum fins on the outside and is what you see and steel fins on the inside i think that is how it works the aluminum is the magnetic shielding it may not be aluminum but it looks like it

Don't forget about credit cards and season passes. PKI could be in for a nightmare if those cards were demagentized.