Beast or Son of Beast

thebeastisawsume

The Beast is definitely the more popular ride. BUT it's less enjoyable (to me) if the trim brakes are on, which most of the time they are. Right now I actually like Sonny more because The Beast is LOADED with trim brakes. My two cents' worth.

Son of Beast, hands down.

Beast has way too many trims and that stupid seat divider hurts. The seat divider always gives my wife bruises. Not saying I don't like The Beast, but I enjoy SOB much more.

Beast. Its a 30 year old classic, not another ride out there really like it. Son of Beast with the loop beat the tar out of me to the points where I would ride and have it leave bruises on my legs. The only really really good ride I had on there was the first evening of operation for SOB in 2000 in the front row. Having to ride defensively on occasion to keep from being beat up on a ride is just not an enjoyable experience to me.

The Beast. Son of Beast is not only painful, but it just doesn't seem as fun to me. It seems more ride warrior like, The Beast is oriented to anyone.

However, The Beast is trimmed to death, which is detrimental to the ride experience. Also, there are seat dividers and headrests, which the Son of Beast doesn't have.

Beast, hands down (up when riding though)! I've ridden nothing that compares to Beast at night. I rode SOB for the first time at RWW and really didn't enjoy it at all. I think it's an amazing structure but I really have no desire to ride it again.

Don't even have to think about it, Beast is and always will be better than SOB. SOB is only a large lift hill and two painful helix, Beast is simply a back woods classic and for the trims; there have always been trims but I do agree that they have over done them since 2003.

As much as I like Son of Beast, The Beast blows it out of the water! The Beast (more so at night than during the day) feels out of control, which i love! However, Son of Beast is in my top 5 favorite rides at KI though (I'm not a SoB hater!!!) The Beast is just special to me, and gives a great ride no matter where or when I ride it, which is why I like The Beast better.

Son of Beast hands down, great just like mean streak.

I don't even think Angrybeaver likes Mean Streak too!

I love love love the Texas Giant and SOB but I can't even handle Mean Streak. Although I didn't ride this weekend, so I am not sure if the retracking helped.

I love both of the roller coasters. However, I give the notch to SoB. I love the speed and the height of the ride. It roars through its course much like its father. However, there is just something about it that just gives me goosebumps. It is a pure rush. If only it had a tunnel like papa...

On a side note, I do too like Mean Streak. This is mostly because of its layout. With proper trains and the trim on the drop removed, it would probably be a great ride.

As someone who remembers the original Beast, and the addition of the tunnels, and the gum tree, and the lake.... My answer is obvious! The Beast is my sentimental favorite ride on the planet! I have taught my kids that it is ALWAYS, without question, our first and last ride at the park (unless we leave in the rain, of course)!

I liked Beast before they trimmed the living garbage out of it.

I only ride SOB in the front seat of the blue train. As Kat has also noticed, the red train shuffles too much.

My vote is for neither one.

So Out of Beast and Son of Beast, it's Voyage? ;)

I liked Beast before they trimmed the living garbage out of it.

I only ride SOB in the front seat of the blue train. As Kat has also noticed, the red train shuffles too much.

My vote is for neither one.

So Out of Beast and Son of Beast, it's Voyage? ;)

I vote for the Voyage! ;)