Beast or Son of Beast

thebeastisawsume

Son of Beast without a doubt in my mind. I am in the few that for whatever reason do not feel pain on this ride. I love the slow hike up the 218 foot hill, the teaser twiter around to the 214 foot drop at almost 80 MPH. Also someone mentioned earlier mean streak I enjoy mean streak as well, and again dont feel that much pain on it as well.

Beast. I love how it slithers through the woods and stays low to the ground, rather than SOB. And as an added bonus to my decision I can actually enjoy The Beast, but on SOB I'm always wondering if I broke my back every time I ride it.

"90 DEGREEEEEEES!!" :lol:

I love how you are completely sideways on a freaking WOODEN coaster.. that's not supposed to happen LOL.. but it was amazing.

Somebody tell her about Hades:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2667.htm?picture=53

Isn't that ride so rough you have to be 18 or older to ride in certain seats on it? Or is that Zeus? Or Cyclops?

Josh, who wished he knew his Greek mythology better...

Eep! Double post! Sorry!

At Mt. Olympus, one must be at least 18 years of age to ride in the back seat of the wood coasters, as far as I know. It was certainly that way the last time I was there. I don't think it applied to Pegasus, but it did to Cyclops, Zeus and Hades.....Yes, they have four wooden coasters.

Hades is not rough. Nor is Cyclops or Zeus. Cyclops is violent. There is a huge difference.

At Mt. Olympus, one must be at least 18 years of age to ride in the back seat of the wood coasters, as far as I know. It was certainly that way the last time I was there. I don't think it applied to Pegasus, but it did to Cyclops, Zeus and Hades.....Yes, they have four wooden coasters.

Hades is not rough. Nor is Cyclops or Zeus. Cyclops is violent. There is a huge difference.

So is the violence the reason you have to be 18 to ride in the back seat? Or is it just a rule?

i actually rode SOB on Monday, and actually enjoyed it. i rode in 2-2 on the blue train, and i actually got a bgger headache on racer then i did on SOB. it is only rough during the Rose Bowl, but everything to me is very smooth and enjoyable.

So is the violence the reason you have to be 18 to ride in the back seat? Or is it just a rule?

Although I do not know this, I strongly suspect it is the park's insurance company driving this. Avalanche, in the same state and not more than 5 miles away, has no such rule.

I personally prefer The Beast as I've never ridden SOB. I haven't because I hear SOB is sooooooo rough and painful.

Honestly, I've learned not to take other people's opinions when they happen to be negative and essentially say not to ride something (No offense is intended to anyone on here, and I am NOT pointing my finger at anyone. I respect all your opinions.). SOB is my second favorite wooden coaster both at KI and overall (along with it being my fifth favorite ride at KI overall). I had an experience this weekend at Cedar Point in which I was weary to ride Skyhawk because I'd heard the ride was so boring. I rode it and absolutely loved it. In fact, it's my second favorite ride at The Point behind only Maverick. Angrybeaver and I would probably warn you that SOB can get rough in the helixes, but other than that I don't mind the shakiness and find it to be a great ride. In fact, I enjoy going almost 80 MPH on it and have only had one bad experience on it. That, however, was my fault as I shouldn't have leaned my head BACK in the rose bowl. I even rode Mean Streak this weekend despite everyone else in my group saying that it was horrible. What I'm trying to say is ultimately don't let negative opinions get the best of you to the point that you won't even ride a particular ride. One person's trash could be another's treasure.

Amen. As I have posted here in the past, I had heard, and believed, the horrible things that avid coaster enthusiasts loved to say about Great Adventure back in the 80s and 90s. I foolishly didn't go. Finally, I made it up there...only to find one of my favorite parks ever. Does the park have issues? Of course it did then and does now. Do I have splendid times there? You betcha. Do others still diss the place? Not as many as once did, but yes. You simply must try things for yourself. My taste may not be yours, and vice versa. After all, I adore Rolling Thunder. I now know only two other avid fans...and they got married to each other.