June 1st, 2009 TR

HTCO

Just thought I would post a quick TR. Went to the park with my school today. It was the last day so they took us all to KI at 10:00. They let students stay if they got picked up later in the day. Of course, I stayed until about 4:30. Around 3:00 everyone in my group left and I had the park to myself for an hour, so why not marathon Diamondback?! I got a total of 8 rides in an hour using the SRL. I was impressed when I noticed there was a security guard standing at the entrance of the SRL making sure only Single Riders(not referring to relationship status) were entering. I had almost no wait at all. I was very happy to see some type of security personnel over there. As well as another security guard watching for line jumpers. Over all I had a great day! Ride count for the day:

DB: 8

Beast: 2

FOF: 1

Vortex: 1

SB3D: 1

Crpyt(clap trap): 1

SOB: 1

DT: 1

FD: 1

I'm glad to hear there is a security guard watching the DB line. Where was he standing? I've often seen one standing up by where the temporary queues used to be, but his vantage point doesn't allow him to see people who jump on the stairs or under the lift hill (which are 2 of the 3 most common areas - the second being where the queues run parallel to the chain hill, they'll jump from the first set of switchbacks over to that area) so he does miss a lot of them. As in, all but one time I've seen it happening, he couldn't see it and said he couldn't do anything about it because of that.

I've also seen the security guard hanging around the SRL entrance. I have a feeling they're really there to keep people from harassing the ride op stationed there. I've noticed security is usually on hand when rides are down, probably for that reason. I don't know why people seem to think it's the op's fault that the ride is down for whatever reason.

I wish one had been over at Invertigo. Really big guy was in front of me and had his buddy come up through the line to sit with him. I pointed out that linejumping=not a good idea. They mouthed off at me and went their own way. Wish something could have been done and I chickened out about telling a ride op as they were a really big group and I didn't want the day to be ruined by a fight- verbal or otherwise.