Lights on Diamondback?

Creed Bratton

So as I was looking through some of my pictures at Canada's Wonderland I looked at a picture I had of Behemoth. On the lift hill there were lights trailing the track until the crest. Those are the only lights on the ride except for in the station and in the queue.

beehmoth.jpg

Do you think Kings Island's Diamondback should have these lights?

Diamondback has large lights what looks to me like every 15 or so feet apart going up the lift hill. To me, it resembles a leaning candy cane at night. For the last few nights, one of them seems burned out. They look like the kinds of lights you might see at an oil refinery.

The lights in the picture look like chaser lights, which DB does not have. DB has service lights.

I personally think chasers look awesome on coaster, so I would like it. Vortex has them, by the way.

The lights in the picture look like chaser lights, which DB does not have. DB has service lights.

I personally think chasers look awesome on coaster, so I would like it. Vortex has them, by the way.

I know, I love the chaser lights on Vortex, could you see them being added to Diamondback?

Apparently I missed the service lights.

I could see chasers one DB, but I'd rather have them the full length of the track on Racer. I noticed they added chasers to Blue Streak at CP (don't remember them from before anyways), it looked really nice.

The lights on Diamondback's lift are actually pretty long CFL bulbs. There are two bulbs per housing. I would love it if DB got some led love.

Would "CFL" bulbs be "Cedar Fair Light" bulbs?

Gator, who just HAD to...

Actually that does fit.

Terpy, what don't you know a thing or two about?

One of my biggest fears (nightmares?) is that I will someday be on Jeopardy, and the categories will be: Sports, Modern TV Shows, Hannah Montana and Botany, along with at least one topic I have never even heard of. I would only hope some economics, history, marketing, journalism, law, automotive history, anthropology, food service, grammar, surveying, etymology, architecture and design, ethnography, political science, amusement industry and lighting stuff would sneak in somewhere! I may not know much about most of that stuff, but I know a little bit about each...enough to get by at least!

I suppose that is the value of that liberal arts education that was so touted to us boomers.