If You Could Own One PKI Ride What Would It Be?

Stitch

Who said I was ranting? Who said you answered the question incorrectly? I was correcting your misconception as you thought it was only Paramount additions, when it was in fact not.

Rendezvous Run still has the old, tired, revolting color scheme you seem to love. I agree with you that it is out of place with all the bright tropical colors!

Indeed. Especially when that ride has changed. This is a fantasy thread. Why on earth TheCrypt would want The Crypt and not Tomb Raider: The Ride is still hurting my head.

I don't think TheCrypt read the entire thread. The very first post, back in 2003, was about wanting King Cobra, which had already been removed.

• Like 1

I'll let someone else explain the title to BB1. I can't really explain it, as getting my point across is hard to do occasionally.

Now let me explain on what this thread is about, its about PKI era rides, which the name of the ride during the time period is most appropriate, but is not needed. Now I can say the slide has not changed, but for SOB_TOM, it has no paint except for the panneling and the rubber mulch (am I the only one that doesnt like mulch?). Since theCrypt is so "technicall" on the subject, FasTracks, is another of the past slides I wish I could have.

PKI rides? Well, not sure, but like the other comments about owning just one ride, I would have to say an old classic flat ride from the Kings Island of old.

My choice is Bayern Kurve. (not a PKI ride, I know) It was my first high speed flat ride that got me used to bigger rides and coasters.

I guess the ride got me used to lateral Gs.

I rode Kennywood's version many years ago, and it was opening day, the ride operator left us on for what I would call, two complete ride cycles.

I don't understand the problem with my choice of The Crypt. It was a fun ride and had a great ride experience as far as I'm concerned. The Crypt also had significantly less downtime than did Tomb Raider, and FUN actually had an interest in maintaining as well as introducing new special effects.

If I were to say Diamondback, I'd get zero hate. So why The Crypt?

• Like 1

Tomb Raider, in essence, also destroyed the ride. Water, too much stress, fog, steam, and more. The theming was gone by the first month. Why would I want that?

The Crypt had a better soundtrack, even if it wasn't composed specifically for the ride. The queue felt more in-depth than it was in the Tomb Raider days. Plus, it was a relaxing-yet-slightly-thrilling break from the rest of the 60+ mph scream machines in the park.

The overall experience is what made it for me.

Guest TombraiderTy

The ride's gondola was reduced by a third to accommodate the 9-flip cycle. The gondola was not retrofitted to lose a row after the 9-flip cycle. :)

8 flip ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...