Getting 'rattled'

HandsUp

I'm sure it's known by other names-and maybe it's just because I'm getting older. But I find that if I either get my head banged around too much early in the day-or if I go on rides that are 'spinny', I get kind of queesy, and am more or less out of comission for the rest of the day. This feeling stinks. It happened to me a few years ago when we rode Invertigo 1st thing-and I will not touch that ride anymore...it really ruined the whole trip, and I was the downer when everyone else was raring to go.

I've found that if I stick to the smooth and fast rides, have a full stomach upon entering the park, and down a few alleve-I'll be good to go. Does anyone else ever get this feeling and/or have their own remedies??

I haven't ridden Invertigo for awhile for that exact reason. Also, for reasons very much like what you've stated, I've really started to enjoy WWC, Wild Thornsberries, Viking Fury, Congo, etc. :D

I still enjoy Kings Island as much as ever, but anymore I don't spend hour after hour getting my neck snapped around.

Seems lately I always leave with a migraine. I think it is because it is getting hotter outside and more humid.

I have started to take a couple excedrian before we leave the car..and have more waiting for when we return to the car.

Hopefully that works going forward. :-)

Riding in the back or near the back of The Beast or SOB rattles me a bit. But what really gives me a headache is riding Vortex on a hot day. Somehow the heat and the rough ride are a bad combination. Going slowly up the first hill with that sun beating down is bad, then the rough ride makes it worse, then the ride stops and the sun finishes me off while we have to wait for the train in front of us to load.

But, that's really the only ride that'll give me a beatdown. So I just avoid it in the heat, and I'm good to go.

And above all, I'd tell anyone, get a good night's sleep before you go on coasters. For me, that's the best way to avoid headaches. I used to work third shift, get a few hours sleep and try to ride coasters. Wasn't a good idea. Made me think I was getting too old to ride, but turned out my body was just too tired for it.

Ahhh the onsets of motion sickness. Best way to overcome these issues is to make sure you are hydrated and not with soda but water and also have something in your stomach, but not too much.

I always recomend Dramimine atleast one hour before visiting the park and make sure you have something in your stomach before you take it. Lasts all day and helps prevent motion sickness. Make sure you get the non-drowsy.

The weekend the Action Sports tour was here I went Saturday, Sunday, and Monday and by the end of the third day it hurt at the bottom of the hills on Diamondback. I don't think that Saturday night I got home at 1 am and then got up at 7 am to get a ride with my bro. It was a good weekend but very tiring. Lol

This thread makes me feel a lot better. I thought I was the only one on this forum that gets motion sickness on a regular basis. I can not even think about going to a park without dramamine...The amount and type of food in my stomach makes a differnce and I generally do much better with cool temps and cloudy skys, but I basically just have to watch what I ride and pace myself throwing in some less intense rides into the mix. Anything that just spins in circles is now out of the question for me.

I cannot eat greasy food on a hot day. It will make me sick every single time. Bacon, sausage and cheese at breakfast are out, hamburgers or pizza are out for lunch and dinner. I prefer a nice salad, some fruit, or something else non-greasy. If I eat something greasy, such as pizza, I have to take a long break before getting back out in the sun.

I don't even get sick on the rides. I'll get sick BEFORE the rides and then not feel up to riding them, like I did during most of Diamondback's ERT during RWCW. :( It was the bacon and sausage at brunch that did it that day.

aside from how to stop the headaches via pills i find it useful to keep your back off of the back of the seat on all rides if possible an to avoid wheel seats on any 3 rows per train coasters ...

aside from how to stop the headaches via pills i find it useful to keep your back off of the back of the seat on all rides if possible an to avoid wheel seats on any 3 rows per train coasters ...

This last one is really good. Aside from chemical remedies, seat position is really important for me and motion sickness. Since I don't like a rough ride, I never ride in the 3rd row of a car on woodies. Some say the front seat of a car (so named "wheel seat" should be avoided as well, but these are what I go for. They're not nearly as rough as the third row and there's no seatback to block your view (better view helps vertigo and is plain more enjoyably). Also sitting closer to the front of the train will always give a smoother, although less forceful, ride.